Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing with Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit did not upload activity on strava and didn't record about 10km from 30-+ actual ride..logged out and in from both apps but still not uploaded.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

Welcome to the Forums @Carol_Gia

In this case I'd recommend that you try to disconnect the apps and then connect them again. That should help so that everything is synced once again and the information crosses over.

I have also moved your post to the Third-Party Integrations board as I think it is much better suited for it.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm having the same issues that my run was not sync with strava last night. I tried disconnecting the app as suggested and even tried uploading the run data onto strava and still am unable to get it onto strava.

Hope that the team is looking at this issue. 

Best Answer
The only way that worked was dowloading the activity from fitbit page (tcx format) and uploading it on Strava via pc. I accounted another problem though...about 10 km was not recorded and this is happening quite often and its giving me fake QOMS. I will stop recording my activity with fitbit and will only use the Strava app. Will loose though readings of my HR.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Iryan and @Carol_Gia.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and that workaround. 

I'll be sharing this with the team and as soon as we receive some updates on the matter I'll be sure to let everyone know about it.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks 😊

Best Answer

Hello @Carol_Gia.

You're welcome.

While I do not have any updates at the time, I'd like to let you know that I'm keeping my eyes open.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other Forum members.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine isn't either.  Have logged out and back in, disconnected and reconnected apps, and read all the other guff on the forums.

Please let me know why this is happening and whether it is going to persist - I have 5 and a bit miles pending which will take me to 321 miles and keep me on schedule for my 520 miles this year.  If fitbit isn't going to talk to strava I need to ditch the fitbit because I need every mile to count!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @beachbird

Thanks for letting us know. At this moment I haven't received any updates on the matte but I'll be sure to post about it in here once there are any news.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Today’s run was fine and uploaded - it’s just Sunday’s that is missing
Best Answer

I did a run yesterday morning that synced fine, but my evening run won't budge. It's shown on the Fitbit app and website, so I know it's made it off my Ionic (that's another story...), But even after revoking both sides and reconnecting, my evening run doesn't show in Strava. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same - Sunday’s still hasn’t uploaded to Strava but yesterday morning has ... all the steps followed as you say!! Weird. And annoying.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
The only way I could upload it was downloading the tcx file from fitbit. I recorded my last ride only via Strava.. will use fitbit only after the matter is resolved.
Best Answer

This is clearly a problem. I have had it working both on Blaze and with my Ionic but yesterday it just stopped working it synced my morning ride to work but the afternoon didn´t sync. I haven´t had any problems prior to this as it has worked seamlessly but it isn´t now.

Both my ride home yesterday and to work this morning have not synced. I have uninstalled the apps, revoked and reconnected but nothing works. This is clearly an issue at the moment. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same issue, I have it had 2 now at my work place. Does it has something to do with the location/ GPS? 

Sometimes it takes a while before Strava is updated, but sometimes it just don't connect. Hope this will be solved soon as it is for me one of the key functionalities to use my fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There seems to be a issue with either Fitbit or Strava that seems to be continuing for a while now.

Hope someone is looking into this as this is just not good enough. It even looks like Strava isn´t even showing the Fitbit problems anymore in their support community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing your experiences. 

I'd like to ask you if the issue has continued to happen over the last couple of days. Also please let me know when it started happening and if it is all the activities or only some of them.

Please keep me posted and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, none of my runs have synced since Tuesday aftrrnoon, so I've had to manually do it using TCX export .I didn't run yesterday, but will this morning so will comment back here if it's still not working .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to be working again now - my morning run sync'ed today.

Best Answer
0 Votes