Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit steps not updating in MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the apps, logging out of both, and resetting the phone. Still no syncing of steps from my FitBit to either MyFitnessPal.com or MyFitnessPal app. Any other ideas besides revoking access (i.e., turning it off and back on again)?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Exercise not syncing yet again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, and I've tried everything too!

Clearing cookies, deleting the apps, unlinking and revoking, etc etc etc. Nothing is working. I don't know what else to try.

Best Answer

I have also tried revoking access in the app and on the browser version of each site. I'm at a loss here.

Best Answer

I'm having this issue as well. Is the problem on this end, or with MyFitnessPal?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same yesterday I disconnected and reconnected and eventually it worked today nothing it’s stuck at 4.5k steps when I’ve done 10k! I’ve tried everything recommended! Thinking to just get an Apple Watch! 

Best Answer

Same here.  Updated Inspire 2 firmware...broke the interwebs.  Well, the MyFitnessPal sync, at least.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to know they’re working on it! Mine synced overnight and looks to be working again

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ditto
Best Answer

My steps are updating as of last night but I'm not getting any calorie adjustments in the app. I have premium and have opted into it. Any thoughts?

Best Answer
Not sure. Both calories and steps started syncing for me about 5 hours
after I updated my Inspire 2's firmware.
Best Answer

I have same issue today. No sync again

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I've had this issue with my Ionic and a previous Samsung tracker. It seems to be a myfitnesspal issue. I did find a work around though after sleuthing! (This is for Android phones, if it works on Apple please confirm) I downloaded an app called Health Sync. It does cost 2-3 euros/dollars but it's for lifetime use. I was then able to use it to sync my fitbit to Google health, and then set my fitnesspal to link with Google health. Everything updates accordingly now.

I found this work around on the my fitbesspal forums, apparently this issue has been happening for quite some time.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I meant Google Fit- not Google Health. It also has resolved  intermittent tracking issues. No issue over the last year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From fitbit's side, the best we can do is to suggest revolking and reconnecting the two accounts. 

If this fails to work, the next step is to reach out to MFP since their isn't anything else that can be done from fitbit's end. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Andria1 the issue is on MFP. Fitbit is not the ones losing connection. If you check you will see a lot of posts about MFP not syncing. Many have moved away from MFp for that reason. An apple watch won't solve the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@crimsonlibrus great find! This explains the recent issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

With a little search on MFP I find their response

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah that’s already been done! Someone shared a helpful article from MFP saying they’re doing some work on the app or something

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes