Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone connected FitDataSync and Garmin Connect?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone connected FitDataSync and Garmin Connect?
I am very disappointed because I bought a Fitbit Flex and it does not sync with my Garmin connect (failed to sync).
I also have opened a contact with support department but no answers.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Allow me to help you @FitDataSync You can check this great post from @SunsetRunner where he's sharing an idea about syncing Fitbit with Garmin. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Allow me to help you @FitDataSync You can check this great post from @SunsetRunner where he's sharing an idea about syncing Fitbit with Garmin. 

Best Answer
I am regretful to have bought a Fitbit
Best Answer

It doesn't work for me. Everything seems authorized and the website said it syncd, but the steps recorded by my Garmin Forerunner 920 don't show up on the fitbit dashboard nor do the Fibit steps show up on Garmin connect.

Best Answer

@Bob69 It's nice to have you on board! I was checking and it seems that FitDataSync automatically import your Garmin Connect activities to your Fitbit account. All imported Garmin data will be displayed in Fitbit dashboard: calories, duration, steps, distance, activity type and heart rate.

If it's not syncing please unlink and relink both accounts, hope this helps Smiley Happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silvia, thank you for checking and responding. It did seem to work yesterday, at least after you did whatever you did.

Today I decided to only wear my Garmin Forerunner 920xt. After my morning run I had over 14,000 steps and this is showing on Garmin Connect. So far, nothing has appeared on my fitbit dashboard.

I went back to the FitDataSync page (http://www.fitdatasync.com/settings/) and re-authorized. The page said it syncd at 9:51AM - over an hour ago, but my fitbit dashboard says I haven't gotten out of bed today and have an impressive 0 steps. My fitbit friends are laughing at me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bob69 Thanks for the details. In this case I highly recommend you contacting FitDataSync directly so they can take a look at your account and see why the information isn't syncing. 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that. Click on 'Contact Us', fill out form, click submit and get an
error saying to try back later. I've been trying for days.

I've pretty much given up on this app.
Best Answer

@Bob69 I was trying to contact them and I got an error the first time. However, the second time I tried I was able to get the Contact us page in FitDataSync website. You can try using another browser or clear cache. 

Hope this helps Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I could always get to the Contact Us page. It's filling out the form and then clicking send that doesn't work.

And this appears to be the only way to contact whoever wrote the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you would like Fitbit to add Garmin Connect to the app's that will sync, check this out. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Garmin-compatability/idi-p/898881#comment-on-this Make sure to vote/comment so we can get it added.
Best Answer
C'mon Fitbit,
If your mission is truly overall health then you should find a way to let other devices sync with your app. I love the Fitbit app and will always use it. I also love my charge but as a pilot my employer requires me to use the Garmin D2 Bravo. I don't want to leave my community with Fitbit but it's tough wearing 2 devices . The 3rd party app DOES NOT WORK. Cmon Fitbit, make it happen. You guys will be the Champions of digital Health in America.
Best Answer

@BMcBryde Welcome to the Community! Thank you for your feedback. Fitbit is always adding new supported apps to the list so you can enjoy Fitbit and any other app. As you mentioned, you don't wanna leave your other community. 

You may want to vote for this idea because those suggestions are viewed directly by our engineers and developers.

Thanks for voting Robot Happy

Best Answer

So is there currently an app in use that will allow the Garmin to sync with Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Garmin fitbit will not sync.  It was working great and was syncing to my phone great for over a month and now it doesn't sync.  It has not synced to my phone since April 24th.  Any ideas what I can do???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've added my vote. I love the fitbit community and want make this work. Mainly because everyone I know is in the fitbit ecosystem.

However, if I can't get the Aria scale to connect with my Garmin account, I'll have to switch to the Garmin scale and return the one I've been using.

The fitibit watches are great but not 100% of what I'm getting with Garmin. Not putting them down but just saying if I have to be all in on one technology, it'll be Garmin.

Best Answer
How do I sunk them to where my heart rate etc. show up on my Fitbit community
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just spoke with fitbit support and was told it's NOT possible to connect, sunc or transfer data to fitbit app via Garmin device and vice verse. I have a Garmin and my sister has a fitbit. So we will never be able to use the challengesame with one another. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried Syncmytracks on the Google play store? I'm using it send fitbit info over to Runkeeper. There's an option for garmin in there, pretty sure
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is one of the reasons I've given up on Fitbit entirely.  I've owned several devices over many years and also helped "push" their products to many more.  However, the lack of care, integration with other products, and stagnation has forced me (and now parts of my family) to abandon Fitbit.  We're enjoying our Garmins again (far superior product)......the only thing I'll miss is my Fitbit "family/community".  Maybe some day Fitbit will play nice and we'll return.

Best Answer