Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone connected FitDataSync and Garmin Connect?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone connected FitDataSync and Garmin Connect?
I am very disappointed because I bought a Fitbit Flex and it does not sync with my Garmin connect (failed to sync).
I also have opened a contact with support department but no answers.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36
I know what you mean
The dashboard on fitbit is great and it's a great added feature having fitbit friends across the world.
Garmin for hardware and fitbit for software
Best Answer
0 Votes
I know what you mean
The dashboard on fitbit is great and it's a great added feature having fitbit friends across the world.
Garmin for hardware and fitbit for software although fitbits walls seem high when trying to share your data around
Best Answer
0 Votes
try downloading a fitness tracker app called StrideKick. it has it's own set of challenges and users with various devices can compete against each other.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just wanted to add my voice to this request. I have been a fitbit user since Jan1, 2016. I have been very active ever since I wore my fitbit and I started from walking to fast walking and now to running and bicycling.

I even completed my first ever half marathon in June 2016.

I have lost 25 lbs since I started wearing fitbit and am now almost at my ideal weight.

I have purchased fitbit for my wife, son, dad, brother, sister. I have also encouraged and inspired at least 20 people in my community to purchase and wear fitbit. This shows my desire to continue to support fitbit and be an active member of the fitbit community.

I have just purchased Garmin Forerunner in hope to be able to wear it during my running activity and bicycling activities. The main reason I got the forerunner was for the GPS tracking (without having to bring my iphone during my activities), and also its superior "Partner" sync support with apps such as myfitnesspal, nike+, strava, mapmyrun. My initial thought was to use the Garmin during my activities and switch back to fitbit for my dailys including walks/step tracking.

Without having garmin be able to sync steps to the fitbit app, this puts me into a very difficult situation to choose between saving my data in garmin and be able to sync to other apps, or leave my strong fitbit community.

Fitbit, please consider this request. Please make Fitbit be able to receive data from Garmin Connect.

Best Answer

has anyone found anything that will work?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why is this topic marked as "solved"? I don't see any solutions presented in the thread. Is anyone successfully using fitdatasync these days? When I go to the site it reads "fitdatasync2016", which suggests perhaps it is a newer version. I just got a forerunner from Garmin but really want to be able to sync running data to fitbit. So far all threads I am reading on this topic point to fitdatasync no longer working or being supported, but the website appears to be current as marked 2016. Is it a safe site for syncing data? Thoughts, ideas or suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Everyone! Thanks for sharing your experiences with FitDatasync and Fitbit. Currently this app is no longer supported. As you can see it's not listed in the supported apps. I appreciate the feedback provided. Fitbit is always working to improve its integrations. 

Allow me to help you @GT_ The thread is marked as solved because it was the solution to the first post that was back on 2015. Now that the app is no longer officially supported some users have asked about it. I don't  have any information if this is going to be a third party again. You may want to vote for this idea because those are viewed by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for the response, this is very helpful.  I am considering purchasing a fitbit (currently using jawbone) but this is a must have for me.  Do you know if there any plans to incorporate this functionality in the future?  Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @jmengate! Currently, I don't have any information about this. However, the best place to see if this is going to be implemented or if it's under consideration is to subscribe to the idea Premium Feature - Sync with other Services - e.g. Garmin, GoogleFit etc.

Note: Currently, there's no vote option but our team is already investigating this issue. 

Thanks for your understanding! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have recently purchased a Garmin Forerunner 235 after using several fitbits overe the past 3 years. The devices them selves dont last. I like the community as others have stated. But shame I cant syn

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever find a solution?  I have loved Fitbit because my sister-in-law and i are on opposite coasts and we love to do challenges together.  But my FitBits keep breaking, and the new one they just sent me will not sync, apparently bad bluetooth.  My husband got me a Garmin that I absolutely love!  It deffinitely is a superior product.  I tried FitDataSync but keep getting Sync Failed.  I disconnected/logged out, but still no success.

Does anybody have any ideas???

Best Answer
0 Votes

you are able to Sync your Fitbit account with Strava.

Strava can be synced with Garmin Connect.

Not sure if this works as I have just liked my Strava account with Fitbit to see if my Garmin workouts sync with strava then in turn syncs with fitbit.

If this works this this thread can have resolved; job done stamped against it 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dont believe the steps come through

Best Answer
0 Votes

The is an Android app called SyncMyTracks that connects multiple fitness account data that I have used VERY successfully between Garmin Connect, Withings (wifi/body analyzer scale), and Runtastic. Unfortunately, when trying to use it to push my steps to FitBit, it brought nearly all of my activities into my FitBit account but WILL NOT sync steps. In searching the internet for answers to this question so I can compete with friends using Fitbit, I see headlines that confirm Garmin got on board with the idea of being able to pull in data from Fitbit accounts (I have not personally tried this or verified). Overall, after testing 4 different fitness tracking platforms, I can very easily tell how and why Garmin is going to take the lead in this industry. Superior app, data collection, and by far the superior devices. I've come to the conclusion that Fitbit is not worth the step challenge-social aspect as I still have friends I compete with in Garmin with the list growing all of the time (and trust me, I'm letting people know my experiences to help that Garmin list grow). I'll periodically check in on possible solutions but it would take some pretty drastic changes to pull me from what Garmin has continued to build in their platform. Best of luck to everyone!

Best Answer

YES PLEASE. Fitbit come on!! Garmin can sync win about ANY other fitness app!! I am a competitive runner and my Fitbit loses THOUSANDS of steps and the ensuing calories on runs especially hard fast runs! Quit competing and work together! Been using both services for years and now the generous folks at futdatasync had to shut down, wake up

and work with your consumers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you help me as I'm wondering if my Garmin to Fibit syncing through myfitness pal? Is there Any way to see all of my data on myfitness pal with my garmin also on myfitness pal?  I only really care about my steps and goals.....that would also then show upon my new fitbit charge?  Ok that didn't make much sense.  I just received a charge 2 for my bday and while I like it I'd really like to have my old steps and records from my garmin 15.  I think i've added both to myfitness pal but now sure how to see my records.....Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @tjok.

While it might be possible to connect Garmin to MFP and then MFP to Fitbit, not all of the information from one end will be synced to the other. This is because of the type of information that is shared between the apps. You can read more about the MFP connection in here.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes