Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Between Strava and Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/12/2018: We made some updates on our end. Please try again, note that old runs may not populate. If you are still experiencing this, we recommend unlinking the connection from both sides (Fitbit and Strava), then link the accounts again.

Update 7/11/2018: Please check out @GordonFitbit's post for the latest update. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - We are currently investigating a few reports from users receiving an internal error message, error 500 when trying to sync with Fitbit. I'll post here once I learn more, thanks for calling this out and your patience. 

Moderator edit: label

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

I have linked fitbit to my strava account.  My activities on strava are not coming over to fitbit.  These activities are recorded on a third party GPS and uploaded to strava.   Should this work?  Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Barry_C, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community and my apologies for the late response. I was reading your exercises upload from a third party GPS to Strava are not syncing to your Fitbit Dashboard.

I'm not sure if by uploading the information from other app, Strava is going to send the exercise to Fitbit. The way Strava works with your Fitbit Dashboard is the following: 

• Activities from Strava are synced over to Fitbit as manually logged activities but will not include GPS or heart rate data from Strava

If you are recording your exercise from Fitbit:

• Activities from Fitbit are synced over to Strava
  • GPS data recorded with Fitbit is sent to Strava
  • Heart rate data will be included when available
  • Exercises recorded with Fitbit's app or devices that do not include GPS data are NOT currently sent to Strava

Have you noticed any activity synced as a manually logged activity in your exercise history. If there is one, it is possible this is coming from Strava.

See you later and hope this helps a bit.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME Thanks for the reply.  I had already read the FAQ so not much new info though.  The activities aren't coming over, even as manually logged activities.  Any suggestions on what I can do to debug the problem?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see, thanks for keeping me posted @Barry_C. Have you tried to use only strava to track your exercise, without the need of the third party GPS app?

Is the issue still persisting by doing this?

If the information is being transferred by using only Strava, then it is possible the information cannot be share if is coming from other third party app. However this is just a thought, that I would like to confirm.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@RobertoME, I have had the opportunity to track exercise directly in the Strava app, the problem persists and I cannot sync from Strava.  What else can I check?  I am afraid there is a problem with my fitbit account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I try to go to strava.fitbit.com follow the log in. Then sync with settings and it always gives an internal error message. When will the error be fixed?

Best Answer

My guess is that private Strava activities aren't synced to Fitbit. I'm experiencing a similar problem and this was the only possible answer I could think of.

Flex 2 :right_arrow: Charge 3
Best Answer
0 Votes

None of my activities are private.  I have confirmed activities sync from Fitbit to Strava but not the other way around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I can't sync with Strava

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone - We are currently investigating a few reports from users receiving an internal error message, error 500 when trying to sync with Fitbit. I'll post here once I learn more, thanks for calling this out and your patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone - We've made a change on our side.  Would you please try again and let me know if you still cannot sync your data?

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer

Hi @RobertoME. Today I did some interval training with GPS, on my Ionic. This is not syncing to Strava. My runs and cycles(rides) are syncing but this is not? Any reason for this? 

The GPS data, HR, splits, impact calories etc  are available in the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner.  When was the last time you tried to sync your data?

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GordonFitbit,

The data was synced to Fitbit around 21:00 GMT yesterday. Over 2 hours before I posted the message. The data is still not available in Strava now. It is now 07:38 GMT now the following day.

Thanks for looking into this for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just did my bike run an hour ago, not showing up in Strava (Ionic with strava app). Worked well for several months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Barry_C...It sounds like you're having problems moving data from Strava to Fitbit.  Have you retried syncing your data after 3pm PT?

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

What exactly do you mean by syncing after 3:00PM.  The sync should be automatic??  Does something special happen at 3:00PM?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Barry_C, @Omde Have you tried unlinking the connection from both sides (Fitbit and Strava), then link the accounts again? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Robert

i have the opposite issue. Fitbit steps never sync up with MyFitnessPal and Strava. I have tried a lot of times to disconnect and connect again. 

Please suggest what I should do 

Best Answer
0 Votes