Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Switchr app - anyone getting it to work?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a number of smart home devices (WeMo, TP-Link, etc.) as well as an Amazon Echo Dot. I would love to use the Switchr app to control these devices from my Ionic. Is there anyone out there who is successfully using Switchr and could give me some step-by-step instructions? The app says you simply go to IFTTT and create a "web hook." I spent an hour on IFTTT's sight trying to figure out how to do that -- with no luck. Any guidance for an IFTTT noobie would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

I am also trying. I have Home Assistant running at home and would like to switch on the light from my Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I did the same, it is very unclear and Google just brought me here as well. I tried a bit and figured it out:

1. Go to IFTTT and open the webhook applet
  2. Click "Settings" in the top right corner (applet settings, not user settings!)
  3. There you get a maker URL (like https://maker.ifttt.com/use/YOUR_KEY)
  4. Copy this into your address bar
  5. That brings you to  page with the compiled links and tips
  6. Trigger events for example with https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/{event}/with/key/YOUR_KEY

Otherwise you just need to make a recipe with a webhook input and its event name (like light_on), that for example triggers the Kasa action to turn light on. Then use above link in the Switchr app to create a working button on the watch, and you are done!

Good luck!

André

Best Answer

I have Z Wave Switches. . .i was able to create the applet and webhook to turn my master light on and off. . .if you still want help let me know

Kancop

Best Answer
0 Votes

I could use a hand. Not sure how to creeate the URL. Thank you!

Best Answer

Assuming you have IFTTT. . .installed. . 

1.  Create new applet

2.  In the IF spot is where you create the webhook

3.  When creating the webhook you name it whatever you want. . .just remember it.

4.   The URL is created at that point. . .you find it from the settings tab. . .

This might not make complete sense so let me know where you are getting stuck

Best Answer

I do and wemo connected to IFTTT

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you opened the gear wheel (settings) on your webhook trigger 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not seeing the option to turn on wemo under the Fitbit portion to create the new applet. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now that you told me. I was clicking the wrong button. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keep me posted. . .it will work. . .

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do find the latency?  Sometimes the lag between me pressing the button on the watch and my light switches toggling on or off, I might as well have gotten up and switched them off myself.  Switchr was one of the reasons I went from Pebble to the Fitbit.  On Pebble it worked almost instantaneously and I assumed Switchr would be the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, latency sucks. Thought toggle is fine, but had to make 2 for on and off. Ended up uninstalling it, since it really wasn't going well. Often it wasn't just slow, it was not even triggering at all, so I just got the button until something happened... Not the way to go

Best Answer
0 Votes

To add more detail I am using an existing Lutron activate scene applet. The applet works when triggered from IFTTT application through a home button on Iphone but cant figure out how to get the URL for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone, and welcome aboard to the new visitors of the Fitbit Community. I been reading all your posts and seem interesting what you are commenting here to trigger different functions using IFTTT and your Fitbit Smartwatch.

So far we have available default recipes for actions in IFTTT, but this topic goes beyond the help provided by these recipes. For more details please refer to our post: Third Party Apps - Informational Post

Here you can find the link to

If you have more questions or you need more help, feel free to visit the link above. Unfortunately As Fitbit we do not have support for other actions like the one mentioned here.

I will keep an eye on this and If I got more information that can be use as a workaround, I will let you know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello All,

I would really love if someone could give me a hand with Switchr. For few hours of trying to play around with this it seems to be really buggy app.
Bottom line: I am not able to trigger anything, in anyway that came to my mind.

Could anyone guide me through even Hello World app ? I want to press button on my Fit Bit (Versa) and I want to trigger action (for example HTTP request).

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thx for the great instructions!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

I am an IFTTT noob.  I have created the applet for a wemo smart plug, but i cannot see how to get the URL to enter in the Switchr button settings

Update:

ok......so I have found the URL

https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/<EventName>/with/key/<YourKey>

The Event name of my applet is kitchenlamponoff.......when I enter this into the URL above, along with my key and press the test button, I get the 'Event has been triggered' message at the top of the screen, but nothing happens.

Is there any way to debug?

Thanks 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you put inside the {event}??

Using Wemo Lightswitch...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Entered kitchenlamponoff

Thanks

Steven