Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Switchr app - anyone getting it to work?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a number of smart home devices (WeMo, TP-Link, etc.) as well as an Amazon Echo Dot. I would love to use the Switchr app to control these devices from my Ionic. Is there anyone out there who is successfully using Switchr and could give me some step-by-step instructions? The app says you simply go to IFTTT and create a "web hook." I spent an hour on IFTTT's sight trying to figure out how to do that -- with no luck. Any guidance for an IFTTT noobie would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

Thank you...Thank you...Thank You for taking the time to type that all out. I've been playing with the webhooks/switchr app for hours to no avail. Your explanation was perfect!!! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the detailed, explicit instructions kaangaroo!

This actually allows me to do one thing I've been really wanting: control my garage door (which is in the back of my row of townhouses) with my watch. Now I don't need my phone, and the NexxGarage app, when I go out on a bike ride !! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Necker71. Hello @PhnJill.

It's certainly great to read that @kaangaroo's instructions helped you both! 

As mentioned before, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Maybe something there will pique your interest.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kaangaroo You are the best. No other article made sense until you posted this step by step. I just added a button to my watch that turns on an eWelink lamp in my apartment. Thank you so much.

Best Answer

Happy to help @marcus0405 glad to hear it works.  

Best Answer

Thank you!!!!! These instructions are incredible. I got my TP-Link/Kasa devices working on the first try. Thank you again for taking the time to share this. 🙂

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @ro1224.

Glad to read that you found steps that helped you out in this thread! Hopefully everything will continue working like that without any issues.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit our Discussion boards. I'm sure that there will be at least one topic that piques your interest, or you may feel like sharing something with everyone else.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're amazing! Thank you. Worked like a charm. 

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Glad to read that the steps recommended in here did help you out! Now you can continue to enjoy your Fitbit experience. 

If you have the time maybe you could visit our Discussion boards. Maybe you will find a topic that piques your interest.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have entered my first webhook to make sure the process worked (it did), but then entered two more and they will not show up on my watch.  I went through the process twice to make sure I did it right and tested the actions, but no buttons on the watch.  I have also tried multiple syncs.  Has anyone had a similar problem that they have fixed?

Best Answer

@Rmorow04did you create separate buttons in Switchr app for each of your events?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I put each link in button one, two, and three respectively.  

I deleted the app and tried reinstalling and now I have nothing, but the links are all there. 

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah , your app data would be lost when you delete the app but not links. Try setting them up again using the existing links. Though I'm not entirely sure why your buttons would not show up if you can see them within the app. Did you assign names for the buttons?

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, I did set them up using the links again.  Also, I named the buttons and gave them colors, but nothing.  

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This might sound stupid but it's the only thing I can think of: Are you manually syncing your Versa after making the changes? Quit the Switchr app on your Versa prior to syncing then check back after sync is complete. Sometimes it takes 3-4 syncs for changes to appear. Fingers crossed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Yes, I am manually syncing every time. I have no buttons since I deleted and reinstalled.  I will have to redo the links and try it.

Thanks for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the  Forums @Rmorow04. Hello @kaangaroo.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

@Rmorow04, in this case I'd recommend that you try posting in the Fitbit App Gallery board as I think it is better suited for your situation given that you are posting about the app on the Fitbit device and not an integration. 

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing the information with proper step by step instructions,Now it is working.

Best Answer

Anyone struggling with getting the Switchr app to work? I had it working perfectly on my last Ionic, but Fitbit had to replace it, as it completely died. I've set it up exactly the same as before, but the app still says ' add a button in the settings menu...'.  I've got three buttons set up, but none are loading onto the watch 😕

Ionic, Blaze, Charge HR, Flex. Android 7.0 (Samsung Galaxy S8)
Best Answer

This won't help your question but honestly I stopped trying to make things work with my Versa. It's almost always a pain in the general buttocks area, apps are very laggy, have very limited in functionality, or need you to sync with your phone to display data (defeats the whole purpose). It's just a nice looking watch now. </rant> Will stick with Charge series.

Best Answer