Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlink MyfitnessPal?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just changed from a flex to a charge but my account is linked to the wrong Myfitnesspal account. I can't see how to unlink it so I can then link to the correct one. Can some kind soul point me in the right direction? Have tried from fitbit dashboard and MFP.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Go to Settings then on the Left hand side go to Applications then find MFP and r3evoke Access.

You might have to do something @MFP as well

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

I did it but went right around the houses to do it so can't even begin to explain how I managed it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also cannot unlink an old Myfitness Pal account. I didn't know I had one. How do I unlink an account I didn't know existed?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to Settings then on the Left hand side go to Applications then find MFP and r3evoke Access.

You might have to do something @MFP as well

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I can't find revoke apps on settings. It's just not there

@WendyB wrote:

@You might have to do something @mfp as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @JC1906, welcome to the Forums! Smiley Wink

To revoke the access to any application integrated with Fitbit please go to your Fitbit.com Dashboard, then click in the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen and select the Settings option, once you're there select the Applications tab from the left menu, there you'll see the name of the app (in your case MyFitnessPal) and the option to revoke the access only if it was linked with Fitbit, check the pictures attached:

Settings in dashboard.png

revoke.PNG

Let me know if you have questions. Cat Very Happy

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer

Hello,

I can't find how to revoke the Fitbit from MFP. The MFP app keeps stating my Fitbit is linked to another account which I don't know. My Fitbit settings do not show a place to revoke access. Super frustrating. It keeps taking me to compatible apps. 

Any help is appreciated ☺

stacie

Best Answer

Hey @Stacie39, nice to see you here! It's really weird that you're not able to find the option to revoke the access to MyFitnessPal. If you have both accounts already linked, the name of the app should appear on the applications tile from the settings in your online Dashboard, if it's not showing there, it means that the apps are not linked.

MFP.JPG

Check again using the online Dashboard from your computer and let me know if you have questions. Cat Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue. Yet I have gone into my Fitbit's account under settings and I have revoked access to myfitnesspal a thousand times, yet it keeps telling me in myfitnesspal that another account has been linked and only one can be linked at a time. Why won't it recognize I am revoking access and when I go back into settings it's there again? This is extremely frustrating!!!

Best Answer

Same problem.   Revoked access  still on there.  It over estimates exercise.  Ridiculous you can't get rid of it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Michelerohr and @Jammer74, hope you're enjoying the Fitbit forums. Cat Happy

Thanks for letting me know about this situation. Our team is aware of it and it seems the issue has also been acknowledged by MyFinessPal as well. Please keep an eye on this thread where we will update once we have more information about this issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Also having the same issue. Revoked access and everytime I reset, it says I still have another account linked.

Please keep updated on this!

Best Answer

Hey @amfost44, a warm welcome to the Fitbit forums. I know that this might be a little bit frustrating, but Fitbit and MyFitnessPal are working together to get this integration working properly. I'll keep you updated about this issue once I get a resolution. In the meantime, I'd like to invite you to our Discussions board where you can find encouragement from other members, recipes and motivation to make your life as healthier you can, you can also share your experiences and find friends to share this amazing adventure.

See you around! Cat Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been trying to do this as well as I upgraded devices and wasn't even aware of a prior my fitness pal account.. when I click on that little gear in the corner no drop down menu even comes up so I can go through the steps to restrict access ... sooo frustrating. I'd  like the two to work together..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Fitnurse2, it's nice to see new members in the forums! It's really odd that you're not able to go to the Settings from the online Dashboard. Please clean the cookies and cache from the browser you're using to make this changes, then revoke the access to MFP again from the Fitbit account following the steps I posted above. I also suggest going to MyFitnessPal, login and revoke the access to Fitbit by clicking the Apps tile at the top of the screen, there you'll find the applications you have linked to MFP, click on Fitbit and there you'll have the option to disconnect.

MFP 13.JPG

MFP 2.JPG

Give it a try and let me know the outcome! Cat Wink

Best Answer

UGH me too.  anyone have any luck on this since original post?

Best Answer

Hey @mnm1909, welcome to the Fitbit forums. Cat Happy

It's nice to see you in this thread, have you tried to unlink Fitbit and MFP from the Fitbit account and also from MyFitnessPal? If so and you're still having issues to unlink the accounts please let me know and share a screenshot of the error you're getting.

I'll be waiting your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have an old MyFitnessPal account that was linked to your FitBit? I ran into the same issue, but logged in to my old account and disconnected my FitBit, then reconnected it on MyFitnessPal. 

Steps:

- Go to APPS and disconnect Fitbit

- Reconnect Fitbit in APPS

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Aloha my friend @christinenyc913, it's nice to see new members in the Community family. I want to thank you for the awesome information provided here, it's really nice to see how our Fitbitters help and motivates each other to continue growing in this awesome lifestyle!

I invite you to continue digging in our Community, you can find here the option to suggest your ideas to change and improve our products and services, you can also find awesome discussions where you can make new friends, find other Fitbitters sharing their experiences and motivation and much more.

Hope to see you around! Cat Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, finally managed to unconnected and reconnect.  My Fitness Pal was not syncing the food elements to my Fitbit. I was trying to disconnect them through the apps on my phone and neither app was letting me disconnect.  I followed your instructions using the web accounts and then reconnected through the apps.  All my food today has successfully been sync to my Fitbit.  Thank you 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes