Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unrevoke access to Weight Watchers app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was setting up a new Fitbit Blaze where I accidently revoked access to my Weight Watchers app. I can not seem to get it to sync any more.  When I log off of everything, and log onto Weight Watchers, to set up Fitbit, it shows it as connected, but it is definitly not syncing.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
54 REPLIES 54

On Weight Watchers site remove the device from syncing to Fitbit.

On the fitbit site. Go to settings then Applications. Scroll down untill you see Weight watchers. Revoke access on it.

Then go back to Weight Watchers and sync the device again.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

When I go to the Fitbit site, there is no permission for Weight Watchers (I revoked it, which I believe is my problem)...is there a way to get that access back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @spillamamamma! It seems that you unlinked both apps. So, you need to do the linking procedure once again. 

Thanks for the great advice @WendyB

Hope this gets your accounts working again! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem. I revoked access and now I can't connect them anymore. When I go to the App page in Fitbit, it want's me to login to an American based website of Weight Watchers. I am based in The Netherlands so it won't allow me to login.

Somehow I have had them linked before and somehow I cannot reconnect them again. So how do we unrevoke access?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Tatje37! You can unlink both accounts by doing the following: 

- Go to your Dashboard > click on settings 

- Click on Applications > look for WeightWatchers app 

- Click on revoke access 

After this, you can link Weight Watchers and Fitbit by doing this procedure. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silvia,

thanks but none of that was working. I see many different users with the same problem and have finally figured it out tonight 🙂

when you disconnect Fitbit in the 'excercise' section in the Weight Watchers app, you stay connected to Fitbit in the 'Weight scale' section. I disconnected that section to Fitbit as well.

After this I reconnected to Fitbit which finally gave me the login section to Fitbit again in order to reconnect them again. It worked!! 

Best Answer

I've tried this, but am only able to disconnect one or the other.  When I try to disconnect the second one, I get an error message.  Does that sound familiar?  

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @cherib847! I would like you to provide me with more details about the error message you're getting. Please make sure that you're following this procedure to disconnect both applications. 

Which one are you able to unlink? Are you trying to remove another app other than Weight Watchers? 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue as the above users.  I have tried following the steps in your link but it doesn't even allow me an option to connect a device because it still thinks the fitbit is connected. I am able to connect/disconnect from the "weight" tab but not from the "activity" tab. When I hit disconnect on the activity tab I get this error "[500] An error occurred during delete, review server logs."  

I reset my fitbit after not having used it in months and updated all the info. After this it was not talking to my weight watchers app.  So I went into the fitbit login (on the web) and revoked access to the weight watchers app.  After doing this it will not allow the weight watchers account to talk to fit bit.  I believe that had I first disconnected in the weight watchers app and then 2nd, gone to fitbit and revoked access, it would have worked.  But as it stands I cannot get my fitbit to disconnect and then reconnect with weight watchers.  the fitbit site does not recognize it. and weight watchers won't disconnect it.  Any more ideas/fixes I could try? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @sumogirl2008! Thanks for the details you've mentioned as well for troubleshooting you've tried. It seems your Fitbit account isn't being disconnected from Weight Watchers, I would like you to double check in your WW account that Fitbit isn't listed as connected. 

Additionally, since you mentioned you haven't used your tracker in a while, make sure you're logging into the same account than before. I've noticed that some users accidentally create another account and forget the one they usually had, so this can be why your WW is showing your Fitbit is still connected.  

Also, please reply to the following question: Do you get any error in WW when you try to disconnect Fitbit? 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This finally worked after a year of not working.  Thank you!!!!

Best Answer

I'm glad to hear that it worked for you @cksherrie

Hope I can continue seeing you around. You may want to check the Discussions Board and find tips to eat well, get moving or sleep betterRobot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get it to work, cksherrie?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had disconnected my fitbit under the activity tab, but I did not realize that it was still connected under the weight tab. So I had to disconnect from both tabs and then I reactivated my fitbit and it worked. Hope that makes sense and is helpful to you.
Best Answer

Cksherrie, thank you for responding! I managed to get it fixed. I did the same thing you suggested and it worked, except I had to connect it under the weight tab first and then disconnect it under both tabs. Then I went back and reconnected it under the activity tab.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So glad it worked, I was thrilled when it worked for me as well! 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes

I talked with Weight Watchers support. They said this is a known issue and they are working on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner! Thank you so much for sharing this important information with the Fitbit Community. 

Hope I can continue seeing you around. Have you checked the Discussions Board? You can find get moving, eat well and sleep better tips

Best Answer

Thanks for the warm welcome. I went to the Ww site this morning and I was able to disconnect my fitbit and reconnect. Problem solved, at least for now. Have a great day everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes