Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unrevoke access to Weight Watchers app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was setting up a new Fitbit Blaze where I accidently revoked access to my Weight Watchers app. I can not seem to get it to sync any more.  When I log off of everything, and log onto Weight Watchers, to set up Fitbit, it shows it as connected, but it is definitly not syncing.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
54 REPLIES 54

I have tried this and now get the error message when i try to disconnect the scale - so frustrating can anyone help as when I re-connect under activity it still wont synch

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on the phone with WW and they don't seem to think it is an issue - but I have spent over an 2 hrs trying to fix this and it wont work - very frustrating and the rep on the phone seems to have no idea what I am talking about - just keeps saying my fit bit is connected 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's what I did:  I went to my WW page and disconnected the Fitbit from my activity.  Then I left it overnight. The next morning, I went to the page and disconnected activity. It worked.  Then I gave it an hour and reconnected. 

I chatted with the online support person, who said they were aware of the issue and to try again in 48 hours. Only thing I can think of is that the server needs to update and it takes awhile. I hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to disconnect and I am getting the server issue error that the other person was on both mobile and web. My fitbit is disconnected on both for activity, but not for weight and I don't have a wireless scale. Please help. The last sync was 7:12 am and it will not sync anymore

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to disconnect it from the weight also.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've disconnected (and reconnected) with the weight, still getting this blasted 500 error... 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got it to disconnect and then reconnected, but it still won't sync. I chatted with someone on 

line and they said there is a problem. I also called WW, but I could not understand a thing the person was telling me and ultimately they said to do the same thing I had been doing. I am really frustrated! 

WEIGHT WATCHERS! You oughta know how serious we are and take this seriously and get it fixed please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue - WW support was zero help.  They told me to try turning my iPhone off and on. Really?

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, more information.  I see the "Sync with the Fitbit" link at the bottom of the activity page on both my android phone:  

Latest Fitbit activity from Thu, Jan 4, 2018 2:08 PM

Sync with your Fitbit app
Even if I click this button, the data doesn't update - and neither does the date.  It's currently Jan 5th at 8:26AM.
Is anyone else having this issue recently?  It sounds like there was a recent API change and the two systems can't talk to each other any more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

More specifically, is anyone *not* getting this issue?  (Is it the system, or just our phones?)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting the same 500 error message. I revoked access to my Fitbit account, and can not get WW to deactivate under weight or activity. If I remove Fitbit from weight area, the Fitbit then shows up under activity. if I try to remove it from the activity I get the 500 error message. this is completely frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Until we are able to fully disconnect the Fitbit from both areas of the WW app, I don't think we'll be able to re-grant access to WW app to sync with the Fitbit, at least for those of us who had revoked access from Fitbit thinking that would help with the sync issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For reference, I was able to disconnect the Fitbit this morning, but I did send Weight Watchers a message on their technical issues web page late last night.  Might be related.

There's a certain irony here - these issues are almost certainly Weight Watchers' problem, and we're on the Fitbit forums.  Probably best to move our frustration over there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I am not alone.....I thought it was just me.  And I see we have all done the same things.  And of course I did reboot my phone.  Still an issue on WW's side...it is their server.    I will check tomorrow after their server has a chance to refresh.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told on the ww IM system that the issue was resolved this morning, and that I should try disconnecting and reconnecting. Of course that's not working either!   I managed it once, and the sync still didn't happen, then I tried to disconnect again and got the same '500' error many are describing.  I have to say, the ww IM help chat is not very helpful. I think I've talked to 5 or so on this issue, and only 1 person even said it was a 'known issue'...the others had never heard of the problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here- I went to Fitbit.com and revoked access- went to ww online and my phone but it will not disconnect from fitbit- have the 500 error

Best Answer
0 Votes

but how?? so frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went again to WW chat and they say they know and tech is working on it...

Best Answer

@heatherlgreg wrote:

I went again to WW chat and they say they know and tech is working on it...

Still? Again?? This stinks, I have earned a lot of 'fit points' in the last two days, but manually logging them is annoying, AND if it starts working again, I'll have to go delete what I've manually logged so I'm not double counting steps and activity!

Best Answer
0 Votes