Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Nokia (Withings scale/ Healthmate) with Fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to sync my weight/bmi/fat% to my fitbit account/dashboard. Maybe the other way around also the steps from fitbit into the nokia health mate app.

anyone any idea where to start? All the links in other topics and the help pages lead to 404 pages, for example: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1286/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3AX3rd_Party_Integration&...

any help is greatly appreciated!

cheers,

tom

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
330 REPLIES 330

Still not working for me. Neither is the link to the alleged "solution" what a pita.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me it still doesn't work.

I get the same error message as 2 months ago:

Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this morning, got the exact same message. I have never had Withings linked before and it will still not work.

Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can also try with WeightNet from www.weemple.com

Best Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't want to try "weightnet" or any other app.  I want the Fitbit app to connect to my Withings scale LIKE THEY SAY IT CAN - and like others are able to.  I shouldn't have to set up a workaround for this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

WeightNet isn't a workaround, but an alternative and free, real-time integration.

You are free to choose. Have a nice evening.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, I don't know what weemple is but it shouldn't be hard for the nokia scale to integrate with Fitbit. Seems like either nokia or Fitbit are intentionally blocking the functionality. I hope it's not for some dumb Fitbit ecosystem monopoly reasoning. If that's where Fitbit is going this will be my last purchase from them. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My scales used to update my weight on Fitbit and now longer does. How do we fix it? Tried to manually enter weight but no decimal to input exact weight. Frustrating when it worked for the last 4 years and then just up and quit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems like Fitbit started making their own scales so they decided to cut
nokia out (even tho I prefer the nokia scale).
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought the Withings/Nokia Body + scale yesterday. One of the main selling points was the ability to sync with Fitbit. I've tried a number of times yesterday and today to sync the scale with my Fitbit account, but every time I get the following message: Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought it yesterday and having the same problem. Fitbit support is redirecting me to whitings support. No answer from there yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guys, this has been fixed properly since 12-Feb as confirmed here by most. You recent guys here this week complaining about the error "Unable to authenticate Withings user" leads me to think you are simply making a mistake because none of you have stated what you should obviously clarify, i.e. does the Withings user+password combination you are using in the Fitbit wizard work or not when you log in directly on the Withings site. If it does not work there either then clearly you are using the wrong Withing user and/or password!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it's the same password. Obviously not fixed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I first complained about this problem a while ago.  I did not just show up this week.  I am able to log into the Withings site and app with the same username and password combo I am attempting to use to connect their scale with my Fitbit app.  I just tried again after successfully logging into my Withings account, and using this link:  https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings#

And again got an error message: 

So, yeah, thanks for assuming that those of us who are still having problems are just f***ing idiots.  Super helpful!

Best Answer

@LAinWLA well you should have started that you could log in on the Withings site. Surely you can see that any reasonably thinking person would assume you and the other recents here just had that wrong, given the error message you are quoting?

Why not try the next obvious thing. Perhaps there is something or some characters etc in your password which the Fitbit wizard is choking on so change your password on the Withings site and try again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would the "reasonably thinking person" actually be the one who assumed people know their username and password?

Thank you, next.

Best Answer

I "should have" stated?   Who are you to say what I "should have" done?  YOU were the one making assumptions about those of us who are still having issues.  Also I can assure you that this is not a matter of poor password selection.  That's utter nonsense.

I dearly wish that someone from Fitbit would answer at this point.  This is SO frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit

Can you not see that a number of us are still unable to make this connection work?  Where did you go?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess this may be working for some people. But I still am wondering if they cut the functionality on purpose when their own line of scales came out.  Unhelpful password advice guy probably hasn't even noticed his hasn't worked in months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, just to confirm, I can use my Nokia/Withings login and password to successfully log in to their Health Mate app, as well as the online dashboard. However, I'm unable to sync with my Fitbit account using the same Nokia/Withings login and password information. I even tried changing my password, but this didn't help.  

Best Answer
0 Votes