Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Nokia (Withings scale/ Healthmate) with Fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to sync my weight/bmi/fat% to my fitbit account/dashboard. Maybe the other way around also the steps from fitbit into the nokia health mate app.

anyone any idea where to start? All the links in other topics and the help pages lead to 404 pages, for example: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1286/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3AX3rd_Party_Integration&...

any help is greatly appreciated!

cheers,

tom

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
330 REPLIES 330

This is the official change:

"The Health Mate API is now fully functional with OAuth 2.0 authentication protocol. Therefore, the OAuth 1.0 process will no longer be supported beginning: November 30, 2018"

Best Answer

Tried, but it fails to connect to Withings site. Gives an invalid Username or Password error, even thought I am connected to Withings site in another tab using the so login information!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. It doesn't look like Fitbit supports the Body+ scale anymore...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not just the BodyScale product, but full integration with the Withings website or user portal period!  Thus, scale integration of any model is not possible!!

GrandOak

Best Answer
0 Votes

Newest response from Withings today (12/26/18)

“Hello,

Thank you for your response. Our development team is currently working on n update to resolve this issue, Once the update is released I will notify you so we can get this issue resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Let me know if you still have any other questions or concerns.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

James

Customer Service | Withings”

Best Answer

Ah ok, then maybe this integration is developed directly by Withings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely keep us updated if you hear anything. We are having the same issues. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

I'd like to apologize for the delay in the response.

Thanks for sharing those details and updates on the matter. Please do keep everyone updated. Hopefully they will have an update on the matter soon.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Just read on a 3rd party website (https://www.iphonelife.com/content/how-connect-health-or-fitness-tracking-device-your-health-app) th... Fitbit is not ready to approve direct syncing with the Apple Health app yet and if you need to do that, you need to use another app to connect the two, which will cost you USD4.99. Sigh!

SO.... the chances Fitbit will make Health Mate connectable/approved is slim. Why would they if they have their own scale?

Best Answer
0 Votes
WHAT does "Apple" have to do with Withings, which is now a Nokia company?  Sounds like your extrapolation of connecting the two is askew!
Del
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I am using/completing the link here. I keep getting this error message when using my username and password: 

• Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code. 

Any tips?

Best Answer

It is not possible to connect my Nokia scale (Withings - Health Mate) with my fitbit to track my weight. I tried to do it through Apple's IOs Health app thinking that would be more common than Withings Health Mate to Fitbit. I have scoured the internet for solutions, as on the Fitbit platform the Withings wizard does not work, even if you put in the correct password/username combo. The article I linked explains that Fitbit is not ready to link with many apps yet, specifically Apple Health. So in short, if Fitbit wont allow a Fitbit to Apple Health app connection, then the chances are slim that Fitbit will allow a link with Withings. My thinking, though round about, is that Fitbit and Apple are huge with products used quite extensively. Surely they would work out a connection?

My ramblings are indicative of a level of frustration that I need to now use 2-3 apps to track my health.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you had connected Withings to Fitbit BEFORE November 30th when Withings migrated to OAuth 2.0, then your weight is still being sync'd and transferred to Fitbit.

If you are trying to connect both AFTER November 30th, then it sounds like it is not possible at this time (January 2nd, 2019)

Sucks that it has been a month and they have not resolved the issue, but I assume since it is still working for those of us that connected Withings to Fitbit before November 30th, that it is hopefully just a matter of time till they fix it?

Anyways, just wanted to share that there might still be hope! 🙂

Best Answer

Ha!  I "confirmed" via the site that this integration would work only to find, as others have, that the wizard is now broken.  Like you, hoping for a resolution!

Best Answer

I've been going back and forth with Fitbit for a couple weeks on this. Most recently they have asked me to contact Withings, which I have done today. They are more or less saying it's not their problem. See below:

"Hello Tristan,

We are more than glad to keep assisting you in regards to what you are experiencing with the link. 

Moving forward. we'd like to share with you that you need to contact Nokia Withings Body+ scale.

If you have other questions. Let us know so we can address them in a timely manner. Have a great week.

Sincerely,

Eddy R. and the Fitbit Team"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nokia no longer owns Withings, the company is once again independent.

This reminds me of Palm, if anyone here remember or know what that company went through.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was getting the oauth error as well, but I found a workaround. If you go the "if this then that" website  https://ifttt.com/ and link your withings account, and your fitbit account, it is easy to create an app that updates fitbit every time you step on your scale!

Give it a try... The only downside is it seems to only be able to export the weight data, not bmi or body fat etc.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's helpful -- better than no syncing at all! Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's BS as it clearly is on Fitbit side for NOT updating their app to use new v2.0 Authentication Withings changed over to, with advance notification I might add.  Guess I'll take my Fitbit Charge 3 back to the store if they are not willing to provide support for their product!
Del (sent from phone)
Best Answer
Palm was actually bought up by HP and entire division shutdown when they bombed big time on the tablet!
Del (sent from phone)
Best Answer
0 Votes