Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Nokia (Withings scale/ Healthmate) with Fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to sync my weight/bmi/fat% to my fitbit account/dashboard. Maybe the other way around also the steps from fitbit into the nokia health mate app.

anyone any idea where to start? All the links in other topics and the help pages lead to 404 pages, for example: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1286/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3AX3rd_Party_Integration&...

any help is greatly appreciated!

cheers,

tom

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
330 REPLIES 330
What is actual URL for this website?
Del (sent from phone)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wrostek I tried your suggestion but got no choices of Withings or Nokia or Fitbit. Only the huge SM platforms like FB, Spotify, Insta etc. Then all it gave me was a weather applet. Nothing and no other choices after that.

EDITED:  NVM I think I worked it ou

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, they are there at https://ifttt.com/ just got to log in, and then it will let you search of them... "fitbit" to find and add the fitbit app, and then "withings" to find and add the withings app..

Best Answer

They are there, you just have to do a search for them.  I used "Fitbit Withings" as search which immediately found the integration of my wireless scale to the Fitbit app.

If only the Fitbit app developers had a bit more gumption to fix their **ahem** code to make the proper OAuth2.0 call for integration to Healthmate app, we wouldn't have to search for backdoor work arounds.  It's a REAL disappointment that a company which prides itself on it's name recognition is now getting recognized for lame support and either lazy or inept developers.

Best Answer

@Wrostek Thanks for the information.  I actually found the URL when I logged into Community Forum website instead of relying on the email digest sent out.

Although, I may just return my Charge 3 to the store since Fitbit does not seem willing or capable of standing behind it's products!  Even with something that appears to be as simple as this problem where several have identified the point of failure and stopped just short of writing code needed to correct it.

It does not reflect well upon Fitbit and may affect products from FDA regulatory perspective if they have known defects yet refuse to repair them.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Withings has responded to my request and they have stated they are aware
aware and working on the problem with the Fitbit development team.
Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does not work for me:

Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code.

Best Answer

Im affected too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another Fitbit user having the same issue.

please fix this Fitbit. 

Love my charge 3, but the Withings Body+ is a much better looking scales than the aria.

Best Answer

I have the same problem 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is beyond frustrating.  First, let me say that I have been a fitbit user for several years.  I have owned the Fitbit Aria scale, but when I moved I had to start using a new wifi router.  Come to find out Fitbit made a terrible scale that doesn't allow you to connect to updated routers.  Ridiculous.  That in itself infuriated me and I refuse to buy the Aria 2 when my original Aria was working just fine.  Fast forward to buying the Nokia Body+ scale because it looked like I could sync app with Fitbit app and had very good reviews.  Of course that is now not the case and I am pretty confident it is because Fitbit doesn't want to give access to using a competitors scale since they sell their own scale.  Well Fitbit, I refuse to buy your Aria 2, and this may now cause me to give up on Fitbit all together and move onto a different movement tracker device.  So please get this issue resolved with Withings.  

Best Answer
Create an Applet at IFTT to manage transfer of data between Nokia HealthMate
and FitBit app.

Very Respectively,

DelFredricks
Best Answer
0 Votes

There is also WeightHub, a desktop app to sync weight, fat, etc. Available from www.weemple.com. Usefull also as backup tool.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does IFTT transfer more than weight? Like does it transfer body fat% also?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

As mentioned before, Withings seems to be looking into the situation and hopefully they will be resolving this situation soon. 

thanks for taking the time to share the workarounds you have tried to get the connection established.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a look at that weemple.com application. Well until I saw the price. For now I'll stick to ifttt until fitbit/withings sort themselves out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Weemple WeightHub isn't an app for the general public, and the price must cover the costs. But is a tantum, and the price of a pizza.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a timeline to when this issue will get resolved? This is so frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this still work for linking the two? I keep trying to login but I keep getting this error message back:

• Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code.

I've also logged into the withings healthmate web app just to be sure that I'm using the right password. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

I got a workaround, thanx to the hubbie.

I installed IFTTT (logged in with google account on https://ifttt.com/), synched both Fitbit and Withings, and installed the applet "Sync weight measurements between your Withings scale and Fitbit'. I had to keep "pounds" (even though I use kg, this transformation happens "automagically").

To test first time after installation:

1)Weigh yoursef on scale, and 

2) hit "Check now" on the applet online. 

3) weight appears on Fitbit! (unfortunately no integration for fat % yet...)

Hope this helps you all.

Best Answer