Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFTTT Fitbit Trigger Quit Working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My IFTTT recipes with multiple triggers (daily activity to Google spreadsheet and Evernote; daily steps to calendar) stopped updating on 5/18/16.  Have tried reconnecting, checking recipe, etc.

Anyone else with same problem? Solution? Advice?

Error logs from IFTTT:: 

• Fitbit Trigger Error An error with Fitbit prevented your Recipe from working.
  • Trigger Timeout Error Fitbit or its API may temporarily be down.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MsStretch We're aware there's an issue with the IFTTT integration, and we're working on a fix. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14
@MsStretch, welcome to the forums!

Third-party integrated apps can be tricky. I would suggest connecting with the service you're using or Fitbit's support team (http://support.fitbit.com)

Sorry if this doesn't help you, but Fitbit and the service support team should know more than I do.

There are multiple related IFTTT trigger issues on the forums.

Have a nicely integrated day,
Kai
Best Answer

@MsStretch We're aware there's an issue with the IFTTT integration, and we're working on a fix. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 🙂

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Thanks. All triggers go and back on track as of 5/24.  

Best Answer

@MsStretch Awesome! Thanks again for letting us know. Smiley Very Happy

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
@MsStretch, that's great 😄
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem now. Stopped syncing on the 24th of March 2017. Any ideas? Fitbit and IFTTT say that the connection is fine. 

Best Answer

Yes, I noticed the same thing. Triggers have stopped again. Last trigger occurred on 3/23/17. *sighs*

Best Answer

I'm also experiencing this. Stats are there in the Fitbit app, but no data logged via IFTTT since the 23rd.

I have two Fitbit applets: one pushes Fitbit sleep data to a spreadsheet, the other pushes Fitbit activity data to a different spreadsheet. Whatever this error is, it seems limited to the "daily activity summary"— although there's a number of errors logged for both applets over the past week or two, my sleep stats have come through without any problems as far as I can see. 

😞

Best Answer

A quick (temporary) fix to pick up on lost data, if you're exporting to a spreadsheet via IFTTT: you can export data as csv or xls from the Fitbit dashboard (settings, data export). Set your date range for the days you're missing and copy the necessary data over. 

I prefer csv files (I like working with text files) and it's trivial to split csv data into columns after you paste into Google sheets. That said, it's probably easier in this case to work with the xls. Check that your columns are in the right order first— I ended up creating a second sheet to make the data was appropriately organised before pasting the data I needed into its final destination. Took 5 mins. 

Oh, and if you're on an iPad, the download of exported data isn't iOS friendly. There may be some other way to work it out, but I couldn't get anything through mobile Safari so fired up my desktop machine to get it done. 

Looking forward to having the IFTTT trigger up and running again sometime soon.

Best Answer

Just adding my voice to the latest 'my IFTTT/Fitbit trigger stopped working' chorus. Super-frustrating! I tried disconnecting/reconnecting (which had the additional annoyance of deleting my Applets so I had to re-create and/or reconfigure them, ugh). I can provide more info if needed but it is identical to what has been provided by other users. I hope this is fixed soon (or the abilities added as a native feature to Fitbit). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trigger seems to be back on track as of 3/26. I push activity stats to Google sheets and steps/distance to Google calendar and both came through for Monday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No such joy here! Trigger was still failing as of this morning... 

Best Answer
Agreed. Mine synced yesterday as well. Seems to be ok a the moment.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My FitBit Activity Summary>Facebook Status Applet just decided to run today at 6:11pm. No idea why it decided to do so (I didn't do or change anything) but at least it's working again!

Best Answer
0 Votes