Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFTTT integration not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I'm trying to enable this applet in IFTTT: https://ifttt.com/applets/173925p-track-your-daily-fitbit-activity-in-a-google-spreadsheet#_=_

When I try to connect Fitbit on the IFTTT website or on the app, it tells me the connection isn't working. I've checked in the subreddit for IFTTT and they think it's an issue on Fitbit's side. Any suggestions or help?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update 6/17/2019: This issue has currently been resolved, you should now be able to integrate IFTTT and Fitbit. If there are any updates, please let me and @AlvaroFitbit know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

I also have this problem at the minute so  if you have resolved then please share

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been having the same issue for a couple of weeks.

It appears the server ifttt.fitbit.com is offline so the integration/authorisation won't work.

If you try to disconnect and re-connect the applet (as is normally advised), you can't reconnect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the issue was on Fitbit's side every one of the many many apps that sync with Fitbit would fail. 

Please reach out to IFTTT. I just checked my Google Sheets and both this morning's sleep and yesterday's steeps synced. 

@rich_jtg there is no server at ifttt.fitbit.com 

IFTTT syncs with Fitbit through the same API that every other app users to sync their data. 

IFTTT has provided some troubleshooting tips and has contact info

Best Answer

No problem Rich - I was only referenced ifttt.fitbit.com as it is in the URL that is shown when the re-authorisation fails. (The common Cloudflare error page with the destination not available)

I have contacted the Fitbit support team and they state that they are aware of the issue, and that they are "working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible".

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rich_jtg @seattlecubsfan @jimjimma Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! 

Currently there is an issue with new integrations between IFTTT and Fitbit. Some users are getting the "Could not connect service" error message. This issue is being investigated by the team and working on finding a solution for this. Still I appreciate your patience while this is resolved.

Let me know how it goes

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update 6/17/2019: This issue has currently been resolved, you should now be able to integrate IFTTT and Fitbit. If there are any updates, please let me and @AlvaroFitbit know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @KateFitbit / @AlvaroFitbit 

Personally, I'm still receiving a 502: Bad gateway error when trying to connect to Fitbit /Oauth

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rich_jtg sorry to hear this. I've let the team know and will update when I hear further. 

Update: Sending you a PM 

Best Answer

Hi,

I’m getting the following when trying to reauthorise my IFTTT account against Fitbit after getting a series of ‘applet failed’ errors:

Error 502

Ray ID: 4f4e55c25891367b • 2019-07-11 22:50:12 UTC

Bad gateway

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. I don't believe there is a fix yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi rich_jtg,

Not sure if you’re still having the problem? Eventually I appear to have been able to overcome it by granting ‘full’ access rather than specific items. After doing so, the error went away and I’m now syncing through IFTTT again.

Cheers

Best Answer

Thanks for taking the time to point this out.

I will have a go over the weekend, and hopefully will have the same success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@narwhal @rich_jtg thank you for your replies and sorry for the delay in mine.

@narwhal thank you for sharing what you did to fix this issue as this may help other members in the same situation. @rich_jtg did you try this suggestion? Did it work for you?

Keep me posted.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AlvaroFitbit 

Yes, it does appear that if you allow all data to be shared that the IFTTT integration will work.

Obviously, there's the related issue however of over-sharing personal data!

Best Answer

my fitbit integration hasn't worked for a few days now... thought it was just me with my bluetooth off, but i've since synced and i'm seeing nothing from my fitbit coming to my IFTTT

I've gone so far as to revoke the permissions and re-establish the permissions.

i'm getting a Trigger failed message.

There was a problem with the Fitbit service.

Screenshot_20191120-094753_IFTTT.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 2 integrations that should run.  This is the second one.Screenshot_20191120-095202_IFTTT.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. Currently almost all the integration isn’t working. Is this because of premium of google takeover?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ausmacuser Google has not acquired or taken over Fitbit yet. 

This IFTTT integration has nothing to do with your phones BT or Fibits Premium service. 

If you have revoked IFTTT and set it up and it still does not work, please reach out to Fitbit for help. You may also want to reach out to IFTTT. 

I checked my Fitbit log and some of my Fitbit is syncing while other recipes are not. And I noticed a few weeks ago my phone calls are not being recorded on the calendar. 

Best Answer

Setting up a new sync and ifttt.fitbit.com Host Errorr.

Revoked all access and tried again still the same error.  

Tried it again 24 hours later still same error.  

Best Answer
0 Votes