Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFTTT integration not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I'm trying to enable this applet in IFTTT: https://ifttt.com/applets/173925p-track-your-daily-fitbit-activity-in-a-google-spreadsheet#_=_

When I try to connect Fitbit on the IFTTT website or on the app, it tells me the connection isn't working. I've checked in the subreddit for IFTTT and they think it's an issue on Fitbit's side. Any suggestions or help?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
43 REPLIES 43

And what did Fitbit say when you reached out to support? 

Best Answer

Hello,

the Applet for “Automatically sync your sleep readings from Fitbit” has stopped working as if 10/30/19. Anyone know why? Keeps failing with a trigger. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I don't know why yours is not working. I just went through my calender and only have one day without sleep. This is the day I was so tired the tracker wasn't put back on my arm after charging. 

Have you checked the recipe? Do you have other Fitbit recipes that are working? 

If all your Fitbit recipes do not work, have you disconnected IFTTT then reconnected. 

Have you contacted Fitbit(they manage this link) or ifttt? 

Best Answer

Hi @KateFitbit @AlvaroFitbit it has not been working. Everytime I turn it on, it immediately turns off. Please see latest screenshot https://tinyurl.com/uqzhkvw

Best Answer

I loved the Fitbit because I thought it had the best sleep tracking. But I gave up at this point and now use the Apple Watch and two apps: Pillow and SleepWatch. I no longer use fitibit because of the applet failure. It was too frustrating and I wanted all the info in the Health App anyways. Apple Watch will plug that in via these apps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Saw this thread and it seems like the ifttt api is broken again 

Best Answer
0 Votes

does not work for me today with new Charge 4. 'Action failure message : could not parse a valid duration from ....'

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just get Apple Watches already and use the app: AutoSleep. By far superior and more in depth analysis. I’m so appt I switched. I was with Fitbit for 5 years and I gave up on them.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Every review I read about the AW says their sleep monitoring is useless, the battery doesnt last long enough. 

I just checked again and find ifttt working for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have an existing IFTTT maybe it works, I’m trying to setup the integration as a new service it doesn’t work 

AA2B4AA1-8AAE-4F1F-8D01-E74DCEEF35D2.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve used my Apple Watch each night and charge during my commute in the car. Never have a batter issue! It’s the same way I used my Fitbit.

But yes, AW doesn’t really have sleep monitoring. But an app for 2.99 (AutoSleep) is money well spent. Far better than anything else out there.
Best Answer
0 Votes

it started working today! not sure what has changed

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the moderators of this group. Since Fitbit doesn't support direct integration with Apple Watch or the IFTTT APIs (or won't fix the reported issue) I have ceased using all tracking capabilities on the Fitbit app and moved to a third party app that supports the integration directly that I need with Apple Health.

The only Fitbit device I continue to use is the Aria scale, and there is a direct integration with the third party app. Prior to this I was a long time Fitbit user for tracking nutrition, steps, weight and sleep patterns in the app. Since I will no longer be using the app, I will also no longer interested in purchasing additional fitness trackers (Yes, Apple Watch has come a long way - and I'm a convert).

Best Answer

@Tuckrules Fitbit does control the link up with ifttt. You can link your Fitbit account up to ifttt's API

This is how every night my data gets put into a google spreadsheet and anytime I charge the tracker it gets logged into the calendar. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you share which app you are using please? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

if you ask me - i have given up on fitbit and moved to apple watch. i would rather pay more and receive the service instead of pay less and be used to fund fitbit's ambitions to fight with apple with my time, energy and attention.

Best Answer
I’ve already dropped this integration. I switched to an Oura ring for sleep
tracking (didn’t like wearing the watch to bed for sleep tracking).
--
Regards,

Derek
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, it's not resolved. I am trying to connect Fit bit to IFTTT but your server is down. Check the screenshot below.

https://prnt.sc/twpiz6

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried AutoSleep app for Apple Watch? It is a game changer and worth the small fee. Maybe $1.99. Light years ahead of all other apps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, not the case at all. I’ve been using my Apple Watch series 4 for sleep tracking with no issue! I charge it when I get ready in the morning (15-20mins) and then during my commute in my car (25-30 min ea way). Never had an issue with battery with those strategy. Always well above 60%. 

Best Answer
0 Votes