Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with Strava only worked once

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How annoying:

I was really, réally glad when I finally got Strava working with the Fitbit Inspire HR.

But somehow it worked only once. The next time I started the exercise on the fitbit and Strava no data was exchanged whatsoever.
I restarted the phone, I restarted the watch, I deleted the connection between the two, I reconnected (several times), whatever I try it is impossible to get the heartrate into Strava and it is also not possible to import a TCX file into Strava since that exported file is empty.

Strangely enough Fitbit know how far I have been cycling...

I thin I should have bought a proper device, Fitbit seems to be a 1-time working device. Maybe I did something wrong but to reconnect again has taken hours and hours of puzzling and still it is not working. Very annoying and a waste of money.

Moderator Edit: Labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Dear @LostEchoes ,

I agree there are no GPS-data whatsoever. I am using a Huawei P20. I never experience troubles with GPS using Strava or Google Maps. The one time it did work though it was the same phone.
I am not convinced áll the other users with the same problem are using the same type of phone, actually they are also using I-phones as stated in the comments in the link of @AlejandraFitbit . 

On the Strava support page users have the same issues:
https://support.strava.com/hc/nl/community/posts/360047231011-Fitbit-Inspire-HR-data-not-shown-in-St...

I just think I will forget about this integration since I lose all the 'important' data from Strava because I am just hoping that my heartrate will be visible to. I can live without that integration and if I really need it I will buy a Garmin, Polar or Sigma. The FitBit product-owner should act if he/she has any loyalty to his employer.

Thanks again for your support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you ever want to try, you could check these:

> Make sure your phone is not in some kind of Power Saving mode. Location / GPS does not work properly in this mode.
> Make sure these are not optimised within the phone's battery optimisation settings:

- Fitbit app

- Bluetooth
- Bluetooth Midi Service
- BluetoothTest

> Make sure you have enabled "location" within the permissions of the app (go to phone's settings - > apps -> Fitbit -> permissions: enable location.
> You could also try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.czandor.fitbitsyncfix

>If nothing of the above works you could try the earlier versions of the Fitbit app 2.90 or 2.95. Google "Fitbit app 2.90 mirror" (without the quotes) and install that version. Before that, make sure you have gone into Android settings -> Apps. There, find the current version of the app you have and delete Cache / Data and then uninstall. Reboot your phone and install the 2.90 version. Mind you, Fitbit 2.90 version probably does not support Fitbit Premium. Make sure you set up Play store not to update this app automatically. And see if now the GPS logs are recorded and shown after an activity that uses the GPS (walk, run, hike, bike).

Best Answer
0 Votes