Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging Activity in My Fitness Pal (MFP) Vs. Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I apologise if this has already been answered but I couldn't quite find the answer to this query.

I have always logged my exercise and food in myfitnesspal as recommended on the mfp website.

I recently have noticed though that exercises do not always sync back to fitbit as activities. When I log a run using rundouble, it syncs to myfitnesspal, which in turn syncs to fitbit and the run appears in my fitbit activity log.

However, when I manually enter cicuit training into mfp, this does not appear in my fitbit activity log.

I have disconnected the two apps and re-connected already.

I have seen conflicting advice about whether to log activities in mfp or fitbit. Should I be logging in fitbit these days?

Thanks

clf

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I would log activities in Ftibit and food on MFP. That way you can be sure they end up in the right place here.

Best Answer

loggin activities in FitBit is a recent recommendation, right?  

MFP connect http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit/connected states

"1. Log foods and exercises ONLY on MyFitnessPal"

Best Answer

Thanks for your replies.

With the most recent app update, they have started syncing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would agree with @SunsetRunner on this one. It's also a good way to avoid duplicate entries in the Fitbit app if you're using both apps.

@fraserkr If you want activities to show up in MFP, then yes, you will need to log them into MFP because activities from Fitbit will not sync over to MFP. 

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

I linked my Fitbit & MFP and my steps have synced between the two apps for quite time, but stopped yesterday for some unknown.  Nothing has changed.  I hard restarted my phone, but that didn't do anything.  My apps are up to date.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I linked my Fitbit and MFP and my steps have synced between the two apps for quite time, but stopped yesterday for some unknown.  Nothing has changed.  I hard restarted my phone, but that didn't do anything.  My apps are up to date.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Garden77 mfp had a syncing problem that is supposedly fixed now but I personally have decided to just start again using fitbit to track my food to avoid syncing issues in the future.  

Between the random issues with steps not syncing to MFP and edited meal summaries showing up twice in fitbit I no longer want to rely on third party apps.  This is a drag for me with so many meals, recipes and common foods in MFP at this point after using it for about 4 years, along with the general poor food logging functions and smaller food database in fitbit when trying to scan UPC codes in the app.  The only saving grace with the failed UPC scans is I can open up the site and manually and 'create new food' then star it for later.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Garden77 -- I just had the same problem.  Disconnecting and then relinking the apps got them to sync again.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Thanks vey much!

Best Answer
0 Votes