Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFP syncs to Fitbit, but Fit won't sync to MFP

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If add excercise in MFP it will show up in Fitbit, but if I add it in Fitbit it doesn't show up in MFP.

For example I added 1hr cardio to Fitbit and it won't show up in MFP. Then on MFP I added 50min cardio as a test and can see that shows up in Fitbit. Also MFP isn't showing my steps tracked through Fitbit. Despite unchecking my iPhone as the device and selecting Fitbit multiple times it's still only tracking my steps through the phone not through my Fitbit. Why is it only syncing in one direction? (Surely that's not really a sync!) I've unlinked and relinked the apps multiple times, connected, disconnected, but it's made no difference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@superC That's because activities logged in Fitbit will not sync over to MyFitnessPal. There's a post here that elaborates a bit more on activity logging between the two apps.

As long as you've linked Fitbit and MFP, you should see steps from Fitbit in MFP (if you've synced of course). Make sure in the MFP app you go to More > Steps > Select 'Fitbit Tracker' > go back and hit 'Sync' at the bottom. Your steps will show up in 'Diary' under the 'Exercise' section, along with a calorie adjustment calculated by MFP.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@superC That's because activities logged in Fitbit will not sync over to MyFitnessPal. There's a post here that elaborates a bit more on activity logging between the two apps.

As long as you've linked Fitbit and MFP, you should see steps from Fitbit in MFP (if you've synced of course). Make sure in the MFP app you go to More > Steps > Select 'Fitbit Tracker' > go back and hit 'Sync' at the bottom. Your steps will show up in 'Diary' under the 'Exercise' section, along with a calorie adjustment calculated by MFP.

What motivates you?

Best Answer
When I choose the Fitbit tracker option and attempt to link mfp with Fitbit it goes through all the steps but no link is ever created. I've done this many times without this issue. Not sure what's going on. Just switched back to Fitbit after 1.5 years and Fitbit is the only device not linking with mfp
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I go to steps/add a device/Fitbit Tracker, the connect button is grayed out.  How do I connect the two devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@angs wrote:

When I go to steps/add a device/Fitbit Tracker, the connect button is grayed out.  How do I connect the two devices?

@angs I'm guessing you're doing it through the mobile app? It might looked grayed out, but you should still be able to tap "Connect" to connect the two accounts. I just tried it with mine and it worked. If not, you can always try connecting Fitbit to MFP on a computer

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did this and it still will not work
Best Answer

I am having issues with the account linkage.  I had a MFP profile years ago but forgot the account details so I set up a new account.  I have tried to link the two again but to no avail.  I have revoked all access on fitbit and then tried to set the connection up again and it appears in my fitbit linked accounts bit but the MFP doesn't acknowledge they are connected.  Very frustrating !!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So are you saying if I workout and select "weights" from the list of exercise options on my Blaze then it won't be recorded on MFP? And that the Fitbit adjustment listed is just from steps alone?

Because that is what I'm getting from your reply and the linked post

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. I just cant get MFP to sync with my fitbit at all 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Channyboy326. Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for trying to reconnect the apps before posting in here.

In that case I'd recommend that you reach out to MFP directly. Given that this integrations are developed by the third parties, they should be able to take a closer look at what is going on and help you out.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you out.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes