Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit and Myfitnesspal are not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit and myfitnesspal are not syncing together. I have tried everything... Even going and revoking access and resyncing them. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Still an issue...Fitbit does not consistently sync with MY Fitness Pal.
Why?

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @ppatterson! It great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community!

Let me help you out, I recommend checking in both accounts that your email address is the same then try logging out from both apps and log back in and linked them again.

Let me know how it goes!

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Noticed this morning that steps weren't being recorded in MFP from Fitbit, but that calorie burn was being recorded, then this afternoon, still no steps and now calorie burn is also missing.  Either way sync is still broken between the two.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem started this morning for me as well.  Was working fine yesterday.  This morning steps were not syncing to MFP from fitbit but calorie burn was, then later in the day calorie burn wasn't syncing either.  At this time, MFP isn't getting information from fitbit (or alternatively something is wrong with MFP's ability to interpret which seems to happen ALL the time).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RPIJG @ppatterson I'm currently not having this issue with my account.

Sometimes my steps don't always update in MFP, so here's what I've done in the past:

1. Select the 'More' tab at the bottom

2. Go to 'Steps' and either choose your phone or select "Don't track steps"

3. Let MFP sync

4. After syncing, re-select Fitbit as your device

5. Go back to the 'More' tab, scroll down and select 'Sync'

Once synced, you should be able to see your steps by going to the 'Home' tab.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have your instructions a try and no luck. Still not syncing. I even reinstalled apps. Oddly enough I'm getting some random calorie adjustment from Fitbit in MFP but it's way out of whack with my actual stats.
Best Answer
0 Votes