Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Blood sugars from Dexcom G5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not impressed with the response from fitbit - this is a BT device that links to iWatch, iPhone and Android phones. It does not need to link to any web based data. There are many diabetics using both fitbits and Dexcom G5's, its about time these were linked together so users can read their blood glucose on the fitbit.

All you get today are the text warnings from an iPhone - come on fitbit get yourselves sorted out.

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Hey @betazelle and @jbrassard.

At this moment there haven't been any news to share. We truly appreciate your patience on the matter and be sure that we will be sharing it with everyone the moment we have an update.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I stated, I have already invested in the Apple Watch at this point. I have also deactivated the auto-renew on my Fitbit Premium and need to contact someone about getting a refund for the remainder of that, as it is not even working anyway and has not been for at least a week now. I may keep the free Fitbit app and compare the tracking capabilities side-by-side for awhile, but ultimately, I think I'm going to wind up being an Apple/iHealth person. It is sad, as I've had Fitbits since the One days, and really like the app, but this is just not something I could wait on any more - it is not just my health and fitness due to activity that is involved, but also my health as a type 1 diabetic and having the ability to not be digging through layers of clothing and purses to find phones and receivers to see what my blood sugars are. I especially need this for my upcoming overseas trip, but I've had this issue while driving as well - the receiver is buried under my clothing, which is under a seatbelt, the phone is in my purse and it is illegal to have it in your hand while driving in my state and I've almost crashed, trying to dig the receiver out to see what the alert is. With it on my wrist now, these problems all disappear. I don't know what is taking Fitbit so long on this, but it has been well over a year and a half since the initial announcement and we keep getting told "it is coming". I think you've really missed an opportunity to gain critical market share here.

Best Answer

Hello @jbrassard.

Thank for sharing your feedback with us. Please know that we take all feedback seriously and are looking for ways to continually improve the overall Fitbit experience. 

You can get in touch with our support team in regards to any assistance you need that is related to your account. 

Hopefully you can consider Fitbit again in the future.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Im thinking about a Fitbit Charge 3 because I thought I was going to be able to get the high and low notifications from my Dexcom Follow-app. It normally gives me info on my phone about our 5 year old daughter's type 1 diabetes but it would be nice to have it in a watch. Does anyone know if it is possible to get info from Dexcom Follow to Fitbit Charge 3???

Kind Regards Petra

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @PetraSweden if your Dexcom sends notification to your phones notification center, then yes Fitbit will be able to send these notifications onto the Charge 3.

To do so:

From dashboard tap the picture of the Charge 3

Tap Notifications

Tap App Notifications

Choose the apps that you want sent to the tracker. Up to 100 may be choosen.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @PetraSweden. Hello @Rich_Laue, thanks for being around to help.

@PetraSweden Please do follow the steps shared by @Rich_Laue. Like he said, if you phone gets notifications from Dexcom then you could potentially have them come into your Fitbit.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, As previously discussed. Fitbit announced the cooperation to end up with an integration to dexcom in 2018. In almost 2 weeks the year ends, so where are we. I bought the ionic after fitbit support confirmed the feature will be launched by a software update. now dexcom g6 arrived as well, but nothing regarding the sugar levels. What's goin' on, could u please enlighten us? I am quite disappointed about how fitbit treats customers here, false or no news at all 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@betazelle please include a link to the post in blog.fitbit.com 

Best Answer

Hello @betazelle and @Rich_Laue.

We can confirm that we are still partnered with Dexcom. Having said that, we do not have any additional information to share on the matter at this time. We are hoping to share some new info soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it "soon" yet? Count me as another hoodwinked customer who went with the Versa because of the supposed partnership with Dexcom and CGM integration. 🤦‍:male_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there!

Please check out this thread. There is some great solutions on how to get Dexcom onto your watch. It isn't "official" but we tried to get it to work as best as possible!

Thanks!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Integration-with-Dexcom-G6/m-p/3324435#M272...

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are already watchfaces that work with dexcom share, xdrip or nightscout. For free btw. No need to buy one... Which is already my workaround for the last months.

But that is not what this thread is about. Having a direct connection between ionic/versa and the G6 collector would allow users to go for a run, swim or whatever without the mobile phone or receiver. Just the watch. Would be a main benefit.

This is why we are so keen on the cooperation between Dexcom and Fitbit that was announcen in 2017 and should have resulted in a solution in 2018. Now Q1 2019 is almost over... I am still looking forward, but it's hard to believe that there will be any countable outcome... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree with you. A Dexcom integration would be awesome. And I also know the people who made the fitbit watchface for nightscout/xdrip. Great project! One thing I have found is that the setup isn’t very user friendly. Takes a little while to get setup, which is why this face/app was made, for simplicity.

I was not trying to steer the thread away, only wanting to share a project to help others.

But without a doubt, an official integration would be great.
Best Answer
0 Votes