Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Strava syncing with Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/7/2018: Hi Everyone - we made some mitigating fixes and syncing should be back to normal now. This is not a retroactive fix, so old activities may not sync to Strava. Please let me know if your GPS activities are still not syncing. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Update 9/5/2018: Hi Everyone, we are currently investigating issues with Strava and Fitbit syncing. If you GPS activities are not syncing to Strava, please let me know. We are also investigating why some users are receiving a 500 Internal Error message. Stay tuned for updates and thanks for your reports! 

Moderator edit: labels

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110
I thought that was the case for me too, but I notice that one of my rides
from yesterday didn't materialise either
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alex113 Thanks for posting. This seems to be a bug. You cannot authenticate unless you also allow the integration service access to your profile. So please try also selecting profile from the permission list and it should work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All of mine are started as "runs" and then once they upload to strava I adjust accordingly to either a walk or hike. But, a hike and a walk have not uploaded and it is becoming increasingly frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue, done the revoking they say to do. It lasts for one day. Then it doesn't sync anymore,very frustrating.

Best Answer

Same issue as many others, data showing on Fitbit app but not appearing on my strava! Please help I'm in a training schedule and would rather not have to buy a new training watch.

Best Answer

Hi. My fitbit didn’t sync my morning run with Strava today. T

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what I would like to know because I am having the same issues - sporadically does not synch a particular workout here and there.  This is frustrating for me because I am synching to Strava which then synchs to a website called Citystrides which tracks all the streets that I have run in any particular city (I am 98% done with my city) and when it doesnt synch a workout I have to go back and re-run that particular street.

So here's my question.  If I synch my GPS workout to my fitbit app and it doesnt synch to  STRAVA correctly, is there any way to manually go back and re-synch that workout to get it in there once the synching starts working again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No idea. Hopefully! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also having this problem, although I do believe that if you access the Fitbit website from a desktop you can download the run file and upload it to Strava yourself, so there is a work around, it's just not very convenient.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey folks. Thanks to all for your reports in regard to the Strava sync issues you are experiencing. I've merged a few threads to help keep the community tidy. Smiley Happy

As @KateFitbit mentioned, our team is aware of the issue and are currently looking into these reports.

Stay tuned to this thread for additional updates. If you have any questions, you know where to find me!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hello, 
I'm trying for a week to use my Fitbit with Strava. Everything is connected, I've already revoke the access 3 times. In my mind, as soon as I start an exercise the apps would do the job, right? Or should I do something before start at one of the apps? 

The information aren't been sent to Strava (training, steps, heart data). Am I doing somwething wrong using both apps?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, any updates on this issue? Still waiting for my Ionic to sync!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit ionic is not syncing to Strava — I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the apps — this problem seems to recur every few months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi KateFitbit. Yes, I am having issues with my rides syncing from Fitbit Alta to Strava. You will see from my original message that I have tried unlinking/relinking, uninstalling/reinstalling apps but still no joy. Looking forward to hearing if the resolution! Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn't sync my afternoon run today. On monday and yesterday it did sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for posting this! Would have saved me a lot of time disconnecting and re-authorising yesterday to try and fix if I had known there was a back end issue 🙂

I have an ionic and my run from yesterday is not syncing to strava.

Best Answer

Since 2 days my activities are not syncing with strava. I have restarted my watch and mobile and also revoked access on app and reconnected but sadly no luck. 

I am using ionic and my Strava and Fitbit email add is - nigam99@hotmail.com

Thanks pls fix the issue 

Best Answer

Yes, my Ionic runs stopped syncing with Strava starting this past Sunday.  Was working great for months up until this point.  I've done three runs since Saturday.  Fitbit app recorded them fine, but none made it to Strava.

Best Answer

Hi. My runs are not synching. This first happened to me at the weekend, and after deinstalling and reinstalling, eventually it synched my bike rides. However it has stopped syncing my runs again. It's recognising them on Fitbit, but they are not syncing to Strava. No amount of deinstall and reinstall has helped this time. I have an ionic. 

Any news yet? 

Naomi

Best Answer

Hi Kate, new user here with Fitbit Ionic Adidas.

-I connected Strava August 29th

-run tracked with GPS in Fitbit app on September 1st

-synced Ionic with Fitbit app today (Sept 6th) and run is showing there, but is not showing on Strava

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,

James

Best Answer