Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Strava syncing with Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/7/2018: Hi Everyone - we made some mitigating fixes and syncing should be back to normal now. This is not a retroactive fix, so old activities may not sync to Strava. Please let me know if your GPS activities are still not syncing. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Update 9/5/2018: Hi Everyone, we are currently investigating issues with Strava and Fitbit syncing. If you GPS activities are not syncing to Strava, please let me know. We are also investigating why some users are receiving a 500 Internal Error message. Stay tuned for updates and thanks for your reports! 

Moderator edit: labels

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

My Fitbit versa/ iOS app has not been syncing since last week (weds or Thursday). I have unpaired and repaired from both the strava side and the Fitbit side and neither worked. I contacted strava and they said the issue is on the Fitbit push side. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi @KateFitbit  3 cycle rides this week not loaded to strava,

manual loading of the tcx file to strava is working ok...

Steve

Best Answer

I’m one of those people glad to see I’m not going crazy x 

Best Answer

My fitbit isn’t synchronizing my runs with Strava. I manually imput my last run. I know the accounts are linked and have spent quite some time disconnecting and re-connecting.

I really want the data from my Ionic to load into my Strava. Otherwise the Ionic isn’t doing what I bought it for. Very very frustrating.

Best Answer

My runs have not been syncing to strava since monday. They are syncing to runkeeper. Tried reinstalling the app. Pleae can you advise when you have any update us on this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My AM rides are not syncing but my afternoon rides are.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is killing me!!! I need to know if my 5k yesterday was a personal best!!!

Best Answer

@KateFitbit wrote:

Hi Everyone, we are currently investigating issues with Strava and Fitbit syncing. If you GPS activities are not syncing to Strava, please let me know. We are also investigating why some users are receiving a 500 Internal Error message. Stay tuned for updates and thanks for your reports! 

Very inconsistent syncing here.

Some days no sync, then sync in the morning but not afternoon.

Or the opposite way around.

Yesterday no sync in the morning, slow (15-20min) sync in the afternoon.

Today no sync at all.

Fitbit Ionic, iPhone SE, Using Strava - Bike rides and rowing
Best Answer
0 Votes
No sync at all for me since yesterday, using the Ionic running the latest update.

John

Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @bruninhadidario. Great to have you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear you're having problems with your activity from Fitbit not being transferred to Strava. Currently, our team is already aware of this integration not working fine and they are investigating. Hopefully we can get a fix for this soon so that you're back on track.

If you need anything else, I'm here to help!

PS. I'm moving your post to the Third Party Integrations board for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve reset both apps, still not syncing. 

Best Answer

So is it a API connection problem, right?

Thank you for your support 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been revoking access and re-connecting over and over since yesterday. I’m certain this problem isn’t with me. The ONLY reason I bought the the Fitbit Ionic was to use with Strava and not carry my phone. Ugh. I’ll be patient for another day or so but I might have to abandon Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HaggisBasher  if its an important run, why not manually add it to strava?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did manually add it but that is not convienent and makes me wonder why I don’t use a different app than Strava and a different fitness tracker than Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the past few days my Fitbit activities with GPS data aren't getting synced over to Strava. I log activities in fitbit via mobile track and expect those to show up on strava after some time. I have tried unlinking and re-linking strava and fitbit multiple times, no luck. 

Is this a known issue? Any solutions to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is getting beyond a joke now, I'm not manually inputting data into apps when I've bought the kit to do it for me!!! Fitbit won't sync with map my ride either to upload data.... GARMIN time .... very dissatisfied with the lack of help from Fitbit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still having problems none of my runs are showing on Strava.  I’ve been uploading all my runs manually.  I revoked as per instructions then It showed a run the next day.  However since that one nothing has showed so reverted back up manual upload

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has been sporadic last few days

Best Answer
0 Votes

My run on Sunday, 9/2/18 uploaded to Strava, but my run on Tuesday, 9/4/18 did not.

Best Answer
0 Votes