Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Strava syncing with Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/7/2018: Hi Everyone - we made some mitigating fixes and syncing should be back to normal now. This is not a retroactive fix, so old activities may not sync to Strava. Please let me know if your GPS activities are still not syncing. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Update 9/5/2018: Hi Everyone, we are currently investigating issues with Strava and Fitbit syncing. If you GPS activities are not syncing to Strava, please let me know. We are also investigating why some users are receiving a 500 Internal Error message. Stay tuned for updates and thanks for your reports! 

Moderator edit: labels

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

just adding my name to the tread - my blaze stopped syncing on wednesday - did the disconnect and reconnect with strava/fitbit and still wont load wednesdays or todays run.

Best Answer

This is bonkers! Given it is an ongoing issue which, according to older feeds away from this one, has been going on for months; why is a fix not there yet?! I was actually thinking of purchasing the new Fitbit Versa next week, but given this absolute mare I don’t know if it’s going to be worth it...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, when is the issue likely to be resolved?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am soooo fed up with Fitbit that my next smartwatch certainly won't be Fitbit. Last Firmware update for Charge 2 was in September 2017. Connected GPS is already very unreliable as it is (won't connect to phone unless you open the app) and it is regularly failing to upload to Strava. Honestly, you need to up your game or you'll be brand just for fitness wannabes who care more about strap colour than fitness. Maybe you can change your company name to fashionbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why does your status update not include a timeline for fixing this issue?
It has been a full week now and I would have expected an estimated date for
resolution, or some other sort of offer of information.
As Apple and Google get better at making smart watches that serve as
fitness watches, I'd be worried about the future of your brand... many of
us chose Fitbit for the app features and the strength of customer service.
Both seem to be failing right now.
Best Answer

Kate,

This is a nightmare, pushed myself really hard on Wednesday and my run is still not visible on Strava.

Was hoping to review the activity on strava ahead of my half marathon on Sunday.

Any idea as to when this data will be available?

Kind Regards

Rob

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is it that Fitbit has so many issues every time syncing with strava . I think it's there every 3 months and why Garmin devices connect and sync very smoothly ? 

Best Answer

I’ve just competed a run and has synced to strava so it might be fixed.     My other activities haven’t come through yet.  

Got to be able to have confidence in the watch though as I have been running my garmin edge along side of it since the last this happened. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update 09/07/2018: Hi Everyone - we made some mitigating fixes and syncing should be back to normal now. This is not a retroactive fix, so old activities may not sync to Strava. Please let me know if your GPS activities are still not syncing. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Hi Kate excellent news thank you.   

Best Answer

Hi, tracked a run with my Blaze yesterday, 3pm GMT and it still hasn’t synced to strava. I followed the steps to disconnect and reconnect both apps on iOS but it’s still not pairing. Any recommendations please? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit As of now, my ride from last night has not yet appeared in Strava. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t think older rides will sink only rides saved after the fix will sync.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit ionic has again failed to sync with Strava today to show my morning bike commute and ride home this evening. Same thing happened on Wednesday but when it worked yesterday I hoped you’d resolved the issue. It’s very frustrating and as this has been a recurring problem since I first got the watch for Christmas I’m not likely to invest in a further device of yours without more confidence that I can rely on it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

True @GTPune but as

The other option would be to contact the third party, since they have the tools needed to see what is happening. Fitbit does not, nor is responsible for the connection.

I did contact Strava, and funny enough, this was their response.  "Fitbit syncing issues are unfortunately something we do not have visibility into. Fitbit actually pushes activities to Strava and if there is an activity on Strava that's not on Fitbit, Fitbit pulls the activity from us."

Someone is not telling the truth here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any update regarding this problem? My fitbit charge GPS runs aren't syncing to strava 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope - the Ionic. Fed up with Fitbit blaming Strava and vice versa with no one sorting it out 🙄

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh I know, me too! I looked at a garmin because I'm seriously considering a change 😤

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kate,

Why can you not get my run back from Wednesday, I put s lot of effort into the run ahead of a half marathon and was hoping to look at the information from the activity.

This is incredibly frustrating as seems an all too regular occurance.

Would fitbit give me a refund for my watch?

Rob

Best Answer

I would get a garmin if fitbit refund me 😤

Best Answer
0 Votes