Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Strava syncing with Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/7/2018: Hi Everyone - we made some mitigating fixes and syncing should be back to normal now. This is not a retroactive fix, so old activities may not sync to Strava. Please let me know if your GPS activities are still not syncing. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Update 9/5/2018: Hi Everyone, we are currently investigating issues with Strava and Fitbit syncing. If you GPS activities are not syncing to Strava, please let me know. We are also investigating why some users are receiving a 500 Internal Error message. Stay tuned for updates and thanks for your reports! 

Moderator edit: labels

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

I feel your pain, so much so that I am spending my Friday night venting my frustration on a message board. 

The GPS is average at best and the failure to connect to Strava happens on a monthly basis.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My runs from today have synced yee

Best Answer
Ah man, that sucks a bit. Manual entry it is! Cheers all 👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is working now.    It takes bout 10 mins to go to strava.     

Why does it take that long ?   Not that I’m inpatient 😀 just my other devices don’t take that long. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Went for a ride today and it synced! Thanks!!

Best Answer

Great that it is fixed. I guess I can manually upload my runs this week to keep my monthly stats up to date, but I'm guessing that manually uploading will not include hr data, GPS, etc? I can't really remember my exact route, elevations etc... So assuming that will all be lost? If the Fitbit dashboard was as good as Strava at recording my progress then I wouldn't mind so much. Based on the customer comments in this thread i hope that Fitbit use this as a lesson in the importance of transparency during service interruption. It really does make people more happy.

Best Answer

Is this issue fixed now? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems to be my 2 runs yesterday went over
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! Not been for a run since Friday, so fingers crossed it syncs when I go out tomorrow 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked this afternoon but my run tonight is not getting pushed to strava since hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone, at this time the issue has been resolved. Thanks again for your reports. I'll be closing this thread for further comments. 

@tomylee if you still aren't seeing you run, please start a new thread, thanks for your feedback. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer