Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Strava syncing with Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/7/2018: Hi Everyone - we made some mitigating fixes and syncing should be back to normal now. This is not a retroactive fix, so old activities may not sync to Strava. Please let me know if your GPS activities are still not syncing. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Update 9/5/2018: Hi Everyone, we are currently investigating issues with Strava and Fitbit syncing. If you GPS activities are not syncing to Strava, please let me know. We are also investigating why some users are receiving a 500 Internal Error message. Stay tuned for updates and thanks for your reports! 

Moderator edit: labels

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

This thread is getting fairly tedious. Come on fitbit, you're a technology company. Where is the transparent statement about what the problem is and how long it will take to resolve?

Best Answer

Agreed!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My rides aren't syncing to Strava for the last week or so as well. I get the feeling I'm joining a long queue of people here with the same complaint. As far as I can tell from the comments, something is wrong on the FitBit side and it isn't pushing the data to Strava as required.

Honestly though now I'm starting to take a critical view at the fitbit app, I am seeing more and more problems. The GPS data on my activities displayed on FitBit also seems to be working incorrectly in the last week, and there's heaps of UI issues for the desktop app. There's a scroll bar on the activity viewer that's literally 1 pixel wide...

Best Answer
0 Votes

agree will create a lot of goodwill when this is resolved if fitbit posts an explanation of what broke and how they fixed it, and why they don't expect this to happen again.

Up until now the lack of spotify was my biggest pain with the ionic.  I've been relying on strava to track my runs and provide insight into my fitness so the lack of this sync working is now the biggest pain point.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

True @GTPune but as

with any third party app, the problem could be on fitbits end or Strava's end.

With any connection failure with a third party app, it is best to contact the third party, 

They did set up and maintain the connection. Fitbit simply provides the needed tools.

Fitbit is responsible for pushing Fitbit tracked activities to Strava. Here is how it works:

- record GPS activity with Fitbit MobileRun or Ionic or Fitbit tracker with connected GPS

- sync using Fitbit mobile app to Fitbit servers

- Fitbit pushes to Strava

So in this case, its best to contact Fitbit.

Fitbit's sync to Strava has mostly worked this year, but then will oddly stop working from time to time. Its very frustrating, and I can tell you that 100% of my Garmin bike computer rides and TrainerRoad indoor training rides have reliably synced to Strava this year.

If you are familiar with oath2, you can clearly see during the initial authorization process that Fitbit is responsible for syncing Fitbit activities to Strava.

So its pretty obvious that Fitbit is responsible for this particular 3rd party integration.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Sometimes it takes forever (like an hour) for strava to synch with my fitbit ionic.  Tonight it didn't synch at all.  Why?????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keep getting error message when Fitbit tries to sync with Strava. Have revoked access and rekindled it but not linking

worked two days ago but not today

{"statusCode":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","message":"An internal server error occurred"}
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic activities are also not syncing to Strava although I can manually upload my activities with no problem.  Another question I have is does the activity have to be a run to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have noticed that Fitbit info is not reaching Strava.  I fixed this initially by doing a manual file exchange. Having reloaded both apps and reconnected in settings I have noticed that although you get a ‘tick’ to say both are connected, within a few hours this tick disappear and you have to reconnect again. Hope you can fix the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Went for a run last night (I’m in the UK) and it’s not synced from Ionic to Strava. Tried revoking access, syncing to Fitbit app etc but nothing appeared yet

Best Answer

hi, my ionic is not syncing with strava. i have followed steps advised to no avail. 2 bike rides on Wednesday and 3.22 mile run today to go onto strava

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi just wondering what the lasers was on this. Tried to sync to Strava yesterday and nothing happpened! 

Best Answer

How do you do this please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue since Wednesday. Session is authorised on the app but not activity being recorded. Runs are being recorded in Fit Bit App. Currently using an Iconic

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic didn't synch yesterday and it hasn't saved my rides on the watch since August 22. What's up?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both my latest runs haven’t synced to Strava. So frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the most recent update (9/5) for Fitbit, the app will not sync with Strava.  I have unpaired/ paired (Blaze) from both apps, logged out of both apps, and restarted my phone.  All workouts prior to the 9/5/18 update synced w/o any issues.  

Any pointers or is this just a Fitbit app issue?

Cheers 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to add Stava is pushing information to Fitbit as I manually recorded activity in strava and it pushed it to Fitbit. There has to be an issue with Fitbit pushing information to Strava

Best Answer

Fitbit are investigating the issues with strava syncing. See the following thread for their latest updates:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Strava-syncing-with-Fitbit/td-p/2937775

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for your patience on the matter.

As it has been mentioned before, our team is aware of the situation. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes