Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RunKeeper adds time to runs synced from Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

I'm having som trouble with my FitBit to RunKeeper sync. When a run is transferred to RunKeeper from FitBit, RunKeeper adds time to the run. Sometimes just seconds, which I'm kind of OK with, but yesterday it said my average pace was 22 minutes/km for the first km, consequently adding almost 20 minutes to my total time. 

Anyone else experienced anything similar? And did anyone manage to find a solution?

Thanks a bunch!

Amanda

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@almhh Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry to hear that your activities duration are being changed by RunKeeper. Have you checked with RunKeeper if they are having any type of issue from their side? I suggest you remove RunKeeper from your Fitbit account by going to the app settings area on the website and viceversa. After this relink them as you did initially. Finally make sure that you aren't logging the same activity on the Runkeeper app.

I also moved your post to the correct board.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Thank you @AlvaroFitbit! Much appreciated.

I will try this solution and get back with the results. I have not been in contact with RunKeeper, but if this doesn't work I will contact them.

Best Answer

@almhh I hope this does work for you but let me know whenever you have time as this information may help other members.

I look forward to your update and keep up all those steps!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Hi again,

I'm sorry it took me some time to answer, but I've not gotten around to run until now.

I tested the above mentioned solution and evaluated it both yesterday's and this morning's run. The sync works way way better, now it seems to be off just by a couple of seconds.

I'm gonna keep running and post here again to confirm that it works. One additional thing I found out (this might be very self evident, apologies in advance in that case) is that RunKeeper seem to disregard if you "paused" the run on the FitBit.

Best Answer

@almhh thank you for the update and sorry for the delay in my reply. Happy to hear that everything is working better now. Regarding how RunKeeper treats a pause on the exercise you will need to contact them and see how they read or interpret the information.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes