Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have an iPhone 6s and a Surge. Is it possible to upload my activities to Strava? If so how please? Also Should Strava link up with the HR monitor because mine isn't? Thanks for any help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@Wellsy A warm welcome to the Community! Yes, you can link Fitbit with Strava and your Fitbit activities will appear on Strava. Please follow this linking procedure, you need to follow the procedure using a computer. 

No, the heart rate information won't link to Strava. Your Fitbit activities will now appear on Strava, and your runs and rides tracked by Strava will contribute to your Fitbit all-day stats.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

AndrewFitbit wrote:

Only activities recorded with GPS data will be sent from Fitbit to Strava. Since you both have the Charge HR, you would need to utilize your phone's GPS to track the activity. This can be accomplished by using the MobileRun feature in the Fitbit app.

Thanks for the input @WellsySmiley Happy

@pbarring Your activities don't have GPS data, that's why you're not seeing them show up in Strava. You'll need to record the activity through the Fitbit app.

@Maso Looks like you're also using MyFitnessPal, careful when chaining multiple apps together. Are you sure the activity you're looking at in Strava came from Fitbit? Might want to try just using the Fitbit app to record your activity while wearing your Charge HR. Once the activity syncs over to Strava, you should be able to see the HR data. 

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

@Wellsy A warm welcome to the Community! Yes, you can link Fitbit with Strava and your Fitbit activities will appear on Strava. Please follow this linking procedure, you need to follow the procedure using a computer. 

No, the heart rate information won't link to Strava. Your Fitbit activities will now appear on Strava, and your runs and rides tracked by Strava will contribute to your Fitbit all-day stats.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
Thank you for the welcome and thanks for the solution. Worked a treat. Shame about the HR though. I used it for a bike ride but not trusting it completely the first time I also took my phone so I could use Strava too. The results for Fitbit and Strava were remarkably similar over a 20 mile distance. The gps was spot on apart from a little wabble from Fitbit at the start.
After a day of having the Surge I was ready to take it back but it seems the longer I have it the more I'm liking it.
Thanks again for your help.
Best Answer

@Wellsy I'm happy to hear that you were able to link Fitbit with Strava. I hope you can continue loving your Surge and discovering the great features it has Robot Happy

If you want to continue learning about your Surge, you can check the Product Manual. Hope I can continue seeing you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So wait, no HR data back to Strava?  This basically makes the charge HR useless for bike riding....

Best Answer

Hey @plaroche, welcome!

I think there might be some confusion here. Heart rate data will not sync from Strava to Fitbit; however, it will sync from Fitbit to Strava (when HR data is available). So if you have a Fitbit tracker that has HR and you track the activity through Fitbit, the heart rate data will sync over to Strava. I hope I explained that well enough. Let me know if anything needs clarification! Smiley Happy

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

K, so maybe someone nees to look at my account as no fitbit excersises have shown up in my strava account even though I have enabled it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi There, I'm the same as @plaroche 

I have a Charge HR but the Heart Rate collected in my fitbit bike actvities is not showing in my Strava actvities.

Best Answer

@plaroche @pbarring Sorry, I left out a key point in my explanation. Smiley Embarassed

Only activities recorded with GPS data will be sent from Fitbit to Strava. Since you both have the Charge HR, you would need to utilize your phone's GPS to track the activity. This can be accomplished by using the MobileRun feature in the Fitbit app.

Hope that helps. Smiley Happy

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, already doing that.  Used the iOS fitbit app.  Did two activities yesterdy, fitbit shows them both in the app and web app as Outdoor Bike, with gps, hr etc, I have not seen them come through in Strave

Best Answer
0 Votes

@plaroche Interesting. Could you take some screenshots showing the activity and the GPS data? If it has GPS data it should have synced over.

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

In looking up screen shots for this it appears as if my mobile app had not synced (in tow days?) to web.  It seems to have correct itself just now. 

Odd, any tricks to ensure mobile app syncs up to your backend?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@plaroche My only advice is to make sure you have a strong Internet connection after completing the MobileRun activity so that it can completely sync over. If you're using more than one app to track the same activity, that can potentially cause an issue.

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I posted this on another thread but so far for me I have been unable to see Heart Rate data in Strava when tracking runs with my Fitbit Charge HR. The activity syncs with Strava, distance, time, route, etc but no Heart Rate data. Is there a special method or something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks...
Best Answer

Hi there

I don't think the heart data is being sent to Strava. I haven't ever seen HR put into Strava via Fitbit. At least the mileage from Strava is being put into Fitbit.

I think as a future feature, it would increase Fitbit sales if heart data did appear in Strava. Think of all those cyclists who would no longer need to wear a chest monitor and could rely on just a tracker.

That maybe the rub though. Strava want cyclists to buy their monitor.

Kind regards PB
Apologies for shorthand, sent from my mobile

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the Fitbit surge.
I've just checked and Strava is recording HR for runs which I'm pleased about.
Haven't tried it for the bike yet, because I haven't liked to rely on the gps and it uses up the battery, but there's no reason why it shouldn't record.
I'm afraid though I don't know why mine is recording and yours isn't but thought I'd let you know that there must be a way.
Hope you find it.
Matt
Best Answer
0 Votes

AndrewFitbit wrote:

Thanks for the input @WellsySmiley Happy

@pbarring Your activities don't have GPS data, that's why you're not seeing them show up in Strava. You'll need to record the activity through the Fitbit app.

@Maso Looks like you're also using MyFitnessPal, careful when chaining multiple apps together. Are you sure the activity you're looking at in Strava came from Fitbit? Might want to try just using the Fitbit app to record your activity while wearing your Charge HR. Once the activity syncs over to Strava, you should be able to see the HR data. 

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Thanks, you may be right. I changed some of my synced apps and I just got everyhting including HR mapped to Strava, but I think what's needed for most people is an app syncing guide for dummies. Most people have at least a few apps they use together. But as I see, you can end up with an endless loop of syncing if you're not careful and it's hard to know the optimum sequence.

Cheers for your quick reply though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution did not work for me; I was taken to the Fitbit dashboard, I was never asked to login to Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Moebriley A warm welcome to the Community! I would like you to confirm that you're going to http://strava.fitbit.com/ and this will take you directly to connect both accounts. 

To confirm both apps are already linked, go to your Fitbit Dashboard > settings > Applications > 

you'll see "Fitbit Strava". 

Let me know how it goes Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes