Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync heart rate with rock my run

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am using ROCK MY RUN with my biking and gym workouts and love it! I went with the premium option primarily so that I could set the music to my heart rate. It never occured to me it would not snyc with my Surge, and yes, I have contacted the company 🙂 Please coordinate the ability for the App to sync heart rate with my Surge - it would make the workout so much better and more effective

Thank you!

Kandyce RN

Moderator edit: format 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@KJcnm Hey there! It's nice that you're using Rock My Run with Fitbit. Currently, it's not possible to sync heart rate data with any app. However, this is a great idea and I would love to see it posted in our Ideas Board because those suggestions are viewed directly by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Hope I can see your ideas soon. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

@KJcnm Hey there! It's nice that you're using Rock My Run with Fitbit. Currently, it's not possible to sync heart rate data with any app. However, this is a great idea and I would love to see it posted in our Ideas Board because those suggestions are viewed directly by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Hope I can see your ideas soon. 

Best Answer
Agree, would like to see Fitbit HR sync with RockMyRun!
Best Answer
Agreed this would take rock my run and Fitbit to the next level.
Best Answer

Adam here, co-founder at RockMyRun. We'd love to be able to use the HR data from Fitbit to change the music as people exercise - it's such a cool experience and has some proven effects on performance & enjoyment.

Appreciate you guys for making the request. Fingers crossed that this is something that will open up soon!

Best Answer
I couldn't agree more. I have gotten my Fitbit hr a couple of months ago and have been blown away with how much I am loving it!! I'd love it to connect to Rock My Run!
Best Answer
I would love to purchase the rockstar version if only my Fitbit HR would connect.
Best Answer

Has this changed in 2016 yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Everyone! Currently, this isn't possible yet. However, you may want to vote for this idea because those suggestions are viewed by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. As soon as this is a new feature the status will change to implemented. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Answer

Hi! Your link is to a two year old HR data export thread. Anything about syncing as opposed to data export to Excel, etc?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Blacjaguar It's great to see you around Yeah, you can vote for this idea Allow third-parties to access live heart rate data

Thanks for voting Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like this ability as well😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @tkcrawf! In order to support this idea, you may want to vote for it Allow third-parties to access live heart rate data. As mentioned above, those suggestions are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

Thanks for voting for it! Have a great weekend. 🙂 

Best Answer

Hi there, so this thread is pretty old but I was wondering if there have been any changes to this made in the past year.  I was thinking about upgrading to a fit bit HR  and I wanted to know if it would connect to RockMyRun yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Trumanstate! Currently, RockMyRun isn't listed as a supported app yet. However, you may want to ask them directly as Fitbit has a open API. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s been almost 2 years since Adam commented and still no integration with RockMyRun... sad 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s why I quit Rock My Run.

Rick

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information

Best Answer
0 Votes

RockMyRun relies on real-time heart rate data for our music changing feature. Unfortunately, that real-time heart rate is still not available from Fitbit. You can see the thread here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Allow-third-parties-to-access-live-heart-rate-da...

We support over a 50 heart-rate devices on the market. As soon as Fitbit supports this, we'll incorporate it into RockMyRun so Fitbit owners can experience the cool (and performance-enhancing!) benefits of heart-rate based music.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Dorbeekay@RABland and @AdamRZ. Thank you for posting about your interest in having Rock My Run as an official third party app that is able to access to your heart rate data from your Fitbit account.

As @SilviaFitbit mentioned, the best to try here is to contact the developer of Rock My Run to learn more about their future plans. Note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app in relation to Fitbit.

Stay tuned for future updates and thank you for your participation.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME I am the head of development at the company behind RockMyRun. Isn't it correct that FitBit still does not offer real-time heart rate data to third party apps? That's what we get from other devices and what would need for this integration.

Best Answer
0 Votes