Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues between Fitbit and Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, 

There's currently a syncing issue between Fitbit and Strava. We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Subscribe to the thread to receive any updates or fixes to this. 

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Dear Community,

I just bought the Versa 2 and am very happy with it. But I seem to have problem recording to my Strava account (the free version)

I went for a nice run today, used the strava icon on my versa to record the run. It even told me how many altitude meters I gained 🙂

Now I went on my iPhone to my Strava app, and the run is not recorded in there. I thought I connected the Versa 2 with Strava, my profile is there, yet the run doesn't exist on there. Also, on my Fitbit app, it recorded the run, but now doesn't say anything about altitude meters....can someone assist me how I can definitely have Fitbit and strava linked and synced?

Best regards,

Ekat 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both my Fitbit and strava accounts are connected. Sometimes they sync but sometimes they don’t. When they do sync sometimes they duplicate. What am I doing wrong. Do I need to set strava each time I run even when I set my versa to a run exercise. Thanks Toni 

Best Answer

Hi,

Im having repeated problems with my Fitbit and Strava accounts failing to sync to each other.

They are connected and show as such on both apps & websites, but when I log a run in Strava it doesn’t copy over to Fitbit? Instead I have to revoke and grant access again, sync and refresh. 

My latest activity isn’t syncing at all from Strava, despite trying all the above (in the apps and on the websites).

Its getting really frustrating. I don’t really understand the point of having Strava on the Versa 2 when I have this many issues connecting?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So first bit of info that can have a bearing.

The apps don't sync to each other.

Each app has to sync it's data to an online account, that account syncs to the other accounts, those accounts sync to their apps for display to you.

There can be timing issues - some functions of the device sync to the phone for immediate display on app and are sent to the account, some data will sync to account first for sending back to app for display.

Correct timezone settings in account really matter in this regard, especially compared to phone TZ, and device TZ (which should be what the account setting is controlling).

So Fitbit does NOT send workouts to MFP (so it'll never give details like altitude).

Being on iPhone, I wonder if you have MFP app set to use iPhone as step source instead, which can really foul things up since they send incorrect info to MFP.

If you see workout there on MFP, it could also be it came from Strava, which you can link to MF and Fitbit both, and that's all about sending workouts over.

If Strava sent it, it must have gotten it from Fitbit, unless you had the Strava app running to record it - which it almost sounds like. Then it's not so much as Fitbit record was synced to Strava as Strave logged it itself.

If it did and you can't find it - could TZ be off and it logged it not in order?

Be aware looking at Dashboard on Strava things aren't in order, just look at your activities.

I only mention this because I have no idea how familiar you are with Strava - if really, then great. If not, then just confirm where you are looking.

When you include the iPhone in the mix, this really takes a potentially confusing turn - because in several cases Apple has done partial development to get something to work the way they think it should - but it doesn't match what the other party actually has always been doing and needs.

MFP as example.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have my Fitbit account authorised to sync with Strava and it has been working fine since I got my Charge 4 about 3 months ago.

I went for a run this morning, using GPS, it's showing in my Fitbit Dashboard but has not been synced to Strava. This was about 10 hours ago.

Is there any current issues with this?

Best Answer

Hi guys,

I downloaded Strava about a week ago and it's been working fine with my Charge 2. Today I went for a run and Strava didn't log it. I checked Strava and my FitBit was no longer connected even though I didn't disconnect it. I reconnected it and tried again but it still won't work. Every time I leave the app and go back, Strava no longer registers the connection with FitBit.

I've deleted the Strava app and redownloaded and it's not helping.

Any advice would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

Best Answer

Garmin recently had a big outage for a few days; back up now but a big back-up in loading data to Strava and other third-party apps.  I expect that is causing delays in getting data from Fitbit also.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Exactly the same for me. I had the same issue two weeks ago where the link between strava and fitbit would keep dropping out so had to reconnect.

Same again - having to add runs manually.

Best Answer

I recently bought an Inspire HR, primarily so I could use it to collect heart rate data on bike rides o transfer to Strava for use by Strava's analytics. I have followed the instructions to connect my FitBit and Strava accounts several times, and the two accounts always initially show as being linked on both the Strava app and on my FitBit account. But when I look the next day, the accounts no longer show as being linked. This happens every time I link the accounts.

Is there a way to make the connection "stick"? Or do I have to reconnect the two accounts every time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, worked fine up until 2 days ago. Now having to manually import into Strava as it refuses to sync 

Tried turning everything on/off, tried Revoking access and readding, tried logging out of Strava and Fitbit bad back in. Still syncs charge 2 to Fitbit app, but doesn’t upload to Strava.

i did notice initially that it wasn’t connected to Strava for some reason, never been an issue before so reconnected it, still no joy 

Best Answer

I never manage to sync in the first place. Strava says it is paired, but no flow of data. I have tried over the last two weeks. Yes, what is wrong ...

Best Answer

Exactly the same for me, last sync was Wednesday. Turned off and on, logged in and out - very frustrating ☹️

Best Answer

Hi, I have my Fitbit runs upload to Strava,  but the connection is now broken and I can't make it connect again. Any ideas? It seems to be on the fitbit side.

Best Answer

Argh! It's very frustrating. I don't understand how Strava can charge money and there be so many issues like this...

Best Answer

Versa has stopped syncing with Strava. How do I fix this?!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Hello @Carver3 are you saying that your Fitbit recorded activity is not being sent to Strava?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ekat the Strava app on the Versa is only a dashboard amd will display your recent Strava activity.

The user (you) will not be able to start or stop a Strava activity through this dashboard.

Have you linked your Strava account to your Fitbit account?

Once they are linked your GPS recorded runs and bike rides will be sent to Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only GPS recorded runs and bike rides will be sent to Strava @Toni72 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My activities don't appear on my strava account since I did the factory reset on my ionic. My ionic is linked to my strava account and it is visible as  'authorized' in the app... I tried to restart my phone, reset the ionic, relink the account but it still doesn't work...

I can upload it manually as an TCX.... But I'd rather have the uploading automatically. 

Best Answer