Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues between Fitbit and Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, 

There's currently a syncing issue between Fitbit and Strava. We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Subscribe to the thread to receive any updates or fixes to this. 

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Same here.  I ran yesterday and today and nothing.  My husband's Fitbit won't sync with Strava either.  Must be a Fitbit issue.

Best Answer

I think it must be a fitbit issue too, I've got the Ionic and it uploads the run to the fitbit app fine but has stopped automatically uploading to strava yesterday and today. Tried revoking access and reconnecting them - still not working.

Best Answer

Can see my runs in Fitbit activities but has not downloaded to Strava since Tuesday 7/28.

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem since August 28th with my Ionic  I've uninstalled both the Fitbit and Strava apps on my iPhone, then reinstalled them.  Turning off and on the phone doesn't help.  I've double checked that both Stava and FitBit are set up to share data access.  And nothing happens.  Pretty frustrating.  I have a ticket in with Strava support but given the large number of people reporting this issue, I suspect they're going to say the issue is with FitBit.

Best Answer

Having this exact issue as well. Any ideas to resolve it?  My running log has sort of just gone out the window with this issue.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issues. It's been going on for about a week. Strava is authorized on my Fitbit Versa 2 but it seems to not be connecting 

Best Answer

Hi, 

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I’m starting to lose my mind.

When recording the activity on my Fitbit charge 2, it records fine (with gps via my phone) this updates perfectly to Fitbit app and to the web based dashboard. 

It’s stopped updating Strava automatically. 

I have signed out of both, revoked access, established new connections, deleted and reinstalled by apps, but still nothing.

Please help

Best Answer

ionic has worked fine for ages and suddenly last week it doesn’t sync to Strava anymore. Have tried all the fixes (disconnect, redownload app, sign out/in etc). Nothing has worked. I’m stumped?

Best Answer

I am having the same issues. Strava not automatically uploading from my Versa 2, i've checked and it's authorised. Manual upload with tcx file is fine.

Best Answer

I have noticed over the few days that Starva is not synching with Fitbit. I have tried disconnecting the apps and reconnecting with no joy. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

I can't tell you how frustrated I am. I have never had issues with syncing between strava and any of the FitBit devices I have owned but in the last two weeks that has changed. I have tried all the advised approaches to try and get my runs to sync and none are working. I have tried to export the data manually but it exports from FitBit as a csv file which isn't accepted by strava. I have started and restarted the Versa, linked and unlinked the accounts, logged out of everything and logged back in, switched my phone off and on.....and may be in the brink of going to GARMIN!! Please help!!

Best Answer

Stopped working for a few days then started to auto sync then stopped again!!! … having to manually download the TCX files which is a bit of a burden but at least i can see my activities that way.

Tried the log off log in approach …. not working. Frustrated.

Best Answer

Yes. Mine been doing it for about a week now. Everything is connected, but won't sync to strava. 

Best Answer

@Rob_Dawson Since the recent fault was fixed mine has been working absolutely fine and I use it most days.  A little bit slow yesterday - but only a few minutes delay.  Look on the bright side - at least there's a manual way of getting the data.  

Best Answer

Same problem here, years of syncing correctly stopped last week, restarted for a couple of days and then stopped on Wednesday or Thursday.

The other discussion thread got locked for some reason. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Unable-to-sync-Fitbit-data-to-Strava/td-p/4...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same issue, for the second time in a week.  I contacted Strava support initially, they gave some suggestions including logging out/in, including on the website which I've now also done.  The first time Strava magically reconnected itself but it's now been several days again and activities from Fitbit aren't syncing to Strava.  I get a server error message (Strava server) but Strava support told me to contact Fitbit...

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community and letting us know about the syncing issue with Strava.

Thank you for the efforts to resolve this, sharing your comments and experiences. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your feedback. Our team is aware of this issue and working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

By the way, I've moved your posts to this new thread so you can receive updates on this issue and to keep our forums organized. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Same with me ... since last Tuesday.  I have uninstalled both Fitbit and and Strava and reinstalled them ... linked the two for data share  and am using GPS exercises so there should not be an issue.   Has worked always in the past but not now suddenly.

Best Answer
Yup, exactly the same for me, last Thursday was my last synced activity,
have also tried to uninstall etc with no joy...
Best Answer

@Rich_Laue my GPS fitbit activities will not upload to strava either.

I have revoked access, updated my Iphone to latest software, turned off blue tooth on my iphone, logged out of both accounts, turned my iconic off, turned off the blue tooth on my phone, turned off my phone.

I have re-added strava - fitbit access via a computer.

And still nothing.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Best Answer