Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues between Fitbit and Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, 

There's currently a syncing issue between Fitbit and Strava. We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Subscribe to the thread to receive any updates or fixes to this. 

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Hi - My syncing connection is still not working either.  Stopped on July 26th.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It gets 'better'.. I'm now on my 4th support person who clearly hasn't read any of the previous questions and so I'm back to 'reinstall the app's. This time they did ask what phone I have and what "operative" system is on it.

I pretty much just switched over to using Strava natively at this point which pretty much means this will be my last Fitbit product after 6 years..

Best Answer

Yes me to, I am seriously considering Garmin who I know have also had issues but their support cannot be worse than this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear SilviaFitbit,

Has this issue now been resolved by Fitbit ?  Will our Fitbit run now be capable of being viewed on Strava ?  Please advise the position. Thank you,

Best Answer

Well it’s working again!!!! Someone flipped the switch!

Best Answer

Mine suddenly started syncing this morning with no action taken and seems to be working again, synced all my missing exercises from last week and a new one this morning so fingers crossed...

Best Answer

I'm wondering if the issues been resolved. I've just had lots of emails, saying your run is ready to view. These are past runs. 

Best Answer

Well after contacting Fitbit support, who quite frankly are clueless and tried to deny it’s even their issue, and it’s the first time they’ve heard of it... yeah ok

cantact the Strava developer... yeah good one I have his number in my phone hang on a few minutes.

went for a run this morning and it synced. Funny that

Best Answer

My Test walk this morning synced as well. Think they may have fixed it late yesterday

Though the live chat people did not know about the problem. There have been posts in this thread saying they are working on it. So guess the fitbit departments don't talk to each other.

Best Answer

Not sure if it is actually fixed yet, but after I manually uploaded my activity, it has started synching again.  

Best Answer

Still not syncing for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit my accounts started to communicate with one another again yesterday, and I’ve just recorded a run automatically, which is great. All we need now is an explanation of what happened and some assurance that steps are being taken to reduce the likelihood of it happening again. I’d respectfully suggest that the users who spend substantial sums of money on devices, as well as on an ongoing basis on Aps, should expect no less. Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer

I got a sync to Strava last night too... I'm not calling it fixed for a week though 😉

Best Answer

@nomoremove - any joy yet? Hope you get sorted 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem solved, my Fitbit is synchronizing with Strava again.

Thank you for fixing it Fitbit!

Best Answer
My morning bike ride sync’d to Strava today.

The sessions between the ‘outage’ and today did not. Will they ever be sent
over to Strava?
Best Answer

Hi everyone!

Thank you for reporting that your activities started syncing between Fitbit and Strava again. I'm happy to confirm that this issue has been resolved, I'll be closing the thread for further reports. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes