Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues between Fitbit and Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, 

There's currently a syncing issue between Fitbit and Strava. We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Subscribe to the thread to receive any updates or fixes to this. 

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

I have the same issue. Tried removing the link between strava and Fitbit and re-authorising, still doesn’t work. 

what’s going on Fitbit??

Best Answer

Any update on when the issue will be fixed Fitbit? My ionic hasn’t synced for over a week now. 

Best Answer

Same here. Please fix this ASAP

Best Answer

No connection from Fitbit Ionic to Strava - since 28/07/20. Is there anybody there at Fitbit, please ?

Best Answer
No, we have been abandoned.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Anyone noticed. Fitbit haven't said anything, to any of us.

Best Answer

No sync for me after the last firmware update for my Versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. Was working perfectly until 28th july, but no transfers since. 

Help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue, stopped syncing with Strava after 29 July, tried everything but nothings working, very disappointed and frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for replying to the questions previously asked. Once again, I want to thank you for the troubleshooting tried and for manually uploading these activities to Strava. Your reports have been shared with my team and they are already investigating this situation. 

Thanks for your understanding and patience while this gets resolved. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Ever since I updated my galaxy 10+ on the 29th, fitbit and strava will not sync with each other. Ive unsinstalled and reinstalled both apps. Power cycled my ionic. Cleared data and cache from both apps. I've revoke connections between both apps and resented them, but my data will still not sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The support guys are useless. As soon as you mention strava they just tell you they are unable to debug other applications. They clearly dont understand the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup, nothing to do with your phone, everyone else seems to be having the
same issue. I changed nothing and suddenly lost syncing...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup, I contacted Strava first as I thought it was their issue but they
referred me to Fitbit support instead
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Team,

I have Versa2 watch and I have integrated my watch with Strava app. My fitbit app and strava app both shows each other's entries in partner integrations, but I am facing below issues -
1. My fitbit running data (with GPS) is not getting pushed to Strava. It was happening till last week, but suddenly stopped now. I logged out and logged in again and reconnected everything but nothing worked.2. I have installed Strava app on my watch. My fitbit app shows strava is logged in, but watch app says that I need to go to the app settings and login. Somewhere I saw I needed to wait for an hour and then it may work... but I waited for one full day, and it still is not working.
Any suggestions on how i can fix this ?
Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem Here. Fitbit ionic. Not synced since the 28th as well.

I contact fitbit support they said ask strava which I did. However strava told me the sync server is run by fitbit and it has not pushed any data for me since the 28th and that fitbit need to fix it.

Best Answer

I have revoked permissions and tried reactivating it several times over the last week. If I manually export the exercise data I can upload it to strava so the data itself is fine. Just the auto sync is not happening. Looks like the last time my data synced was the 28th

Interestingly my wife has a charge 4 it is still syncing fine at the moment

Best Answer
0 Votes

Come on fitbit. Its obvious their is a bug in the system and according to Strava the site that pushes and pulls date from both apps is run by fitbit. Stop telling users that it is a 3rd party app and to contact strava. Was even told to contact the app developer???? Thats fitbit

Best Answer

All Fitbit do is pass you to Strava and Strava pass you back to Fitbit. Somebody needs to take some ownership over the issue. Tried revoking, resetting everything. 

You would have thought with paying for expensive devices and Strava accounts the service might be better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s definitely a Fitbit issue. But their support is an absolute shambles. It used to be good, it’s now terrible and pointless 

Best Answer
0 Votes