Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues between Fitbit and Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, 

There's currently a syncing issue between Fitbit and Strava. We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Subscribe to the thread to receive any updates or fixes to this. 

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

That’s like saying I took a sky subscription out but my TV broke so not fit for purpose. It’s not sky’s fault.

this is Strava a fault, it’s a Fitbit issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

All of a sudden my ionic has stopped sending my exercises to strava.  I have changed no settings and worked fine until about 2 weeks ago. 

Best Answer

Had yesterday the same issue. Doing it with the apps doesnt work. You need to sync the services online on the strava website.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. Yes. Still having problems. 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
  • Yes. Still having problems. 
Best Answer

Exactly the same for me. No syncing with Strava since 28th July. Have re-associated accounts but it's not resolved the issue. Would be nice to see some statement from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem, not sync with Strava, last one was on 26 July.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I’m still experiencing issues

Claire
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silvia, 

I have also had issues with my fitbit not syncing to strava.  It has not synced since late July and it is still not syncing.  I typically would use the normal fitbit workouts and gps to track the activity and then let it push to strava, I did not use the strava app on the watch.   Neither option has been working for awhile now and still are not working as of this morning. 

Like many others I have also tried all of the fixes previously suggested and I have contacted Fitbit support but have not received any answers at this point.   

Thanks.

Best Answer

- Are you still experiencing issues syncing Fitbit activities to Strava mobile app?  Yes

- Are you experiencing issues with Fitbit and Strava integration or the Strava app on your watch?  Fitbit and Strava integration

Manual .tcx upload to Strava works.

Best Answer

yes, still no joy, I have had a text chat with someone at Fitbit who believes it must be Strava end and I have putin a request for support with Strava and am waiting. The issue is the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s a Fitbit issue not a Strava one.

they even admitted that previously, so for their support, which seems to have massively gone downhill in recent years, to claim otherwise is just ridiculous 

Best Answer

I have the versa and started to have the same problem on Jul 28th, I have deleted both apps and reinstalled, with no success.

so far I am uploading manually the file in Strava after each activity.

hopefully somebody can come with a solution.

Best Answer

I have a Versa 2 and it has stopped syncing with Strava. The app says logged in and authorised but the Versa displays says i need to go to Strava settings on Fitbit app and log in. I’ve tried uninstall, reinstall and turn Versa off and on. It still doesn’t work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Strava support told me the issue is Fitbit...

Best Answer

Me too. Did a Fitbit update and no data after 7-26 has gone through. I even deleted and reinstalled both Fitbit and Strava apps. I had lost authorization on Strava so went in and corrected that and Fitbit and made sure I had a GPS signal on both the watch and the AP as I learned the hard way it can be turned on in the ap, but not on the watch. I have tried several times and no transfer of data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here for over 2 weeks, Ionic, iPhone, have tried everything suggested in these threads, can still not get Fitbit data to Strava except by .tcx export.

Authorisation shows in Strava app initially then has gone next time you check, have tried all methods of linking Fitbit and Strava to no avail.

Obviously this is not a priority for Fitbit, it's not as if they need to invent a link, they just need to troubleshoot and repair the one that has been working for the last few years...

Very frustrated.

Best Answer

I am also having a problem with Fitbit and Strava not speaking with each other. It was working fine for first few weeks. Now for past 2 weeks it does not work at all. 

I have tried revoking permissions, then allowing permissions, uninstalling the apps, reinstalling the apps. What is the problem?

Best Answer

I had a chat yesterday with Fitbit support. The person made me do all what I had already done before (revoke authorization to Strava, then authorize again, go to https://strava.fitbit.com/ and click connect, and then authorize, go to Fitbit dashboard-->settings--> applications, and revoke access to Strava, etc. etc.) All done as insttructed, to the satisfaction of the help person. However, no sync at all yet.

I cannot understand how Fitbit expect to conquer the market. 

Best Answer

Yep, same here - fitbit support go through the usual easy options - Reinstall, Re authroize and nothing.

They have even suggested I contact Strava - even though this is clearly a Fitbit <-> Strava issue 

Eventually it will be escalated to someone who knows how it works, for now we are getting the support chimps who know how to press 'standard answer #17' button.

Everyone needs to escalate to support though email or twitter DM.

Best Answer