Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party access to past data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I was wondering if past data saved on my account were shared with a third party apps when authorizing it to access and write data in my Fitbit account, but was unable to find any answer.

Does third party apps have access to all my data or only to my data recorded since I gave the authorization?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Afon Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

Thank you for your inquiry. What I have seen with many apps is that they will only sync current data and won't retrieve past data to their platform. Still if you are using any particular app you can reach out to the developers to inquire more about this.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
@AlvaroFitbit thanks for your answer. Based on your answer, my understanding is that third-party apps usually only sync current data, but by authorizing third party apps to access and write data in my Fitbit account, I give them access to my past data as well and there is no way to limit the authorization to current data. Is it correct? Thanks again
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you might be correct if an app requests past data then yes they may get past. data sent to them. I saw one comment that it is limited to 3 years 

Do yo need to worry about this? It would depend on the app that you are asking about @Afon.

Third party apps are responsible for what information they want to sync between them and Fitbit. 

As @AlvaroFitbit stated this would be a question to ask the third party app. Fitbit really does not know, but I could show you how to revoke a third party's access, then nothing would sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes