Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452

I'm having the same issue - noticed it since 8/20/20 as well - but continue to check back HOPING for an update.  All this being said - why can't Fitbit figure out a work-around?  They are able to pull food/water data from MyFitnessPal, which seems to have no trouble connecting to the Withings scale.  How about Fitbit pull this one other parameter from MFP until they can fix their problem with Withings?

Best Answer

Guess this is going to be ignored, it might be time to retire my Charge 3

Best Answer

Can't even delete a post here.

Best Answer

Don't have a lot of hope Fitbit will fix this.  I have sent several tweets and first got the canned answer that "a fix may not be coming soon".  So I replied to please just be honest with us and let us know if you are not fixing the connection.  It feels as though this is not a bug, but rather deliberate disabling of the Withings connection.  As a 10 year plus Fitbit owner we need to know whether it is time to move on.  That got the response that they were working on a solution.  I am not optimistic.  If Fitbit turned this syncing on again and added connection to a blood pressure device the app would be the best available.  Withings is getting close, they just don't have a great watch yet.  May be time to move on when they do.  Really, these days we don't need Fitbit for recording steps and exercise as most phone's OS will do that and more.

Best Answer

It looks as though, the only solution is to keep pushing and bringing this to their attention. The more the merrier!👊 👇

Ironkiken_0-1600532558051.png

Best Answer

Both watch are great.

Best Answer

I've owned the Nokia/withings body+ scales for a while now and this is the third time the connection has broken. Seems to happen every 12 months or so.

Makes you wonder if there is some sort of licensing between fitbit and withings that expires.

Best Answer
Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued reports about the issues experienced when trying to set up or sync your Withings scale with Fitbit. Our team is aware of this situation and they're working hard to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I'm sorry that you're having this experience and I've forwarded your comments so they're informed of the impact this has caused you. Once I have more details, this thread will be updated.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Best Answer

Hallelujah some contact!! Thank you @LizzyFitbit !!

Best Answer

Thank you for your responce trying for the past week to get someone to give an answer 

Best Answer

If have seen this automatic reply before... nothing changes

Best Answer
Oh crap 😞

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Fitbit always seems to break this at least once a year. Since withings has the superior scale, I may have to switch to a withings watch to track my steps. 

Best Answer

What has happened to fitbit as a company? it seems like it just gets more sub-par every year. I had to replace my charge 3 after 6 months when the screen decided it preferred most of the time to be super dim, so got a charge 4, and now the withings api integration is effed. Come ON fitbit. I remember when you were one of the couragous first-wave silicon vally hardware startups a decade ago. I had bought and happily used the very first model fitbit - and broke the metal clasp in it several times (lol; there're always bugs huh). Back then you succeeded in defining a whole new market segment... but the last 5 years seem to have taken a toll on you, fitbit.

Why is your new product strategy so conservative? Why don't you hold your products to impeccable standards of excellence? You had the rep for it once apon a time. What happened to your pride? It seems like the company has lost its drive or capability to innovate and has gotten stuck in an uninspired rut, feeling inoxerable strain from all the similar competitors serving the same market. Why the hell do I need "fitbit pay" on my charge 4 tracker?? I don't. Nice try, fitbit, but you're late to the party.

Covid could have been an amazing opportunity for you, fitbit. You should have done more. The "it's covid times, so here, have some free fitbit premium for a while" strikes me as quite self-serving. It just feels like an opportunistic way to onboard more customers into a trial of your subscription service. Instead of that, you should've taken advantage of the disorganization and frantic rubber-stamping, fast-tracking, retroactive approval party going on at the FDA to roll out experimental new hardware and analytics focused on reducing harms from covid! I'm sure your engineers had some cool ideas... A forthright and good-faith effort to help, even if highly uncertain, would have been cheered and appreciated more than villified if you were coming from an authentic position of try to do good.

Now is the time to go big again, fitbit, you need to do something delightfully different and reestablish your preeminence. You may have the largest market share today... but you don't seem like you care about it, fitbit. Lame! This is the second-to-last straw for me. I don't feel respected as a customer and I don't trust you fitbit to make products worth the money you charge for them, not to mention whatever recurring revenue you continue to make by data mining my and all your customers records. 

Now I'm asking myself, why do I want to have a relationship with a company that has only a "ho-hum" attitude about their products and the services their customers depend on? The answer is, I don't particularly want it.

There hasn't been one big reason to find a alternatives to fitbit for me, but small ones keep stacking up, consistently. I guess the writing is on the wall, sadly. Time to figure out if the personal-data p2p data silo systems have gotten any easier to use... Goodbye, fitbit. At least for now.

Best Answer

Also, fitbit, maybe this API problem with withings isn't your fault. If so, too bad. You should figure it out anyway or tell us directly that it's not your fault.

These API integration makes fitbit sticky for me. I want to stay here because I can bring all my data here, or I could once. Fitbit, why isn't your main goal to become "the health metrics data silo *platform*"? You could transcend your many competitors in the health IoT hardware sector and instead of competing, Fitbit could become *the* global data platform on which all of your competitors depend. You gotta Rise Up out of the competition, Fitbit. You should have teams of engineers relentlessly integrating every other API into your platform so that All Data Roads Lead to Fitbit. You should be all over p2p tech and the "vlockchain" AKA merkle trees (WTF fitbit, I'm not allowed to say the b-chain word? w. t. f.) and using it to reassure everyone that when it comes to our most sensitive data, if its gonna be online, it's ok, because Fitbit has got our back with their cutting edge privacy tech that flies in the face of the big data / big brother oldguard. Instead... ugh just look at the dashboard. The contraction in your api surface and integrations over the years is truly dissapointing.

I want to stay here, in my familiar place. Don't make me flee to the unknown francophile design sensibilities of withings. Oh, I see, you have actually got the exact opposite strategy... you could be maximully open with your API and data import/export and agnostic about whether or not the device producing the data was sold by you, creating an ever-more-compelling strategic advantage - the only place with all the integrations and analytics - between you and all those other look-a-like health hardware companies... OR you could slowly, craftily increase the barriers customers face when trying to use any non-fitbit hardware within your ecosystem. Is that it, fitbit? Do you just want me to toss my trusty withings scale and replace it with yours?

You know what? I bought my withings scale at the same time as my first fitbit, about a decade ago. And it's stil chugging along with its outdated wifi and legacy firmware. Good job, scale! And good job Withings, surprise surprise. Hm.

Best Answer

Juan, any news on this?

Best Answer

Hi, i had my scale synched with versa but it has been for a while now that the synchronization is not working and I have tried unlinking and then linking but it seems that there is a communication issue between fitbit and withing.

I have noticed the below issue and communicated it before to support through chat, but got no response been almost 2 weeks:

image.png

Best Answer

Couldn't have said it better!  Sounds like we have both lived with Fitbit for quite some time.  I can remember wearing the original on my belt and having airport security go nuts trying to see if I was telling them the truth lol.  Also lost about three of those original teardrop units because they were so small and slippery and the metal clip would break off the shell.  Hope they listen to what you have said.  It is the same thing I am saying but much better put.  I want one place to store and evaluate all my health data and if it's not Fitbit then someone will do it.

Best Answer

Signed up to this forum to say that I'm also having the same issue (for the second time). I own both the Versa and Versa 2, and if not for this issue I would gladly purchase the Sense at release. Right now if this doesn't get fixed before Withings releases their new watch I will just as gladly give away my fitbits and likely never purchase another fitbit branded device. 

Best Answer

check the third party website Weemple weigtnett, its a good workaround to fix this sync from Withings Scale to Fitbit

Best Answer