Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsyncing from myfitnesspal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
How do I permanently unsync from myfitnesspal? I keep pushing disconnect in the MFP app, but it continually re-syncs itself.
Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

Am on an iPad .... do not have computer. So how do i unsync? Have gone into FitnessPal and it still shows as connected even though i punch 'diconnect'.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you using safari? Rather than app? If yes, try to see if there is a
'desktop' site version to switch too, usually down the bottom of a page. If
you're still connected then give it a day and see. Sometimes it can take a
while to reset. Sorry that's all I know 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I do this within the Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Julie0711! Currently, it's not possible to unlink applications from the Fitbit app. You need to follow the procedure from the online Dashboard

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have revoked access for MFP in fitbit, as well as clicked "disconnect" in MFP, and it is STILL syncing. I have tried exiting out of both apps. I have tried deleting and re-installing both apps...still syncing! Anyone have any ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @taralynnc.

Thanks for trying all of those steps before posting in here. 

I'd like to ask some questions:

• What information is still syncing over?
  • Has the syncing continued since your post?

Knowing this would let us find the best way to proceed.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is currently happening to me. I revoked it but when I try to disconnect is does nothing. Also my fitbit is still showing on mfp. Were you able to resolve your issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for sharing those details and trying to revoke the access.

Since it is still showing up over there, I'd recommend trying to get in touch with MFP directly so that they can help you determine what is going on. Given that these integrations are developed by our third parties, they should be able to help you figure out what is going on.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried revoking the access but when I go to my Fitbit page it does not show that I am connected to My Fitness Pal.  I try to disconnect from my phone but that button is not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey!

Are you revoking online? And has it been less than 24 hours since you
revoked it? Sometimes it can take a day or two to sort itself 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @aela3. Hello @CharliT.

I apologize for the delay in my response. @aela3 Thanks for trying the steps that have been recommended. @CharliT Thanks for coming in to share that it can take some time.,

@aela3 If it is showing on the app but not on the Web Dashboard, it could be that the app has not loaded all of the information properly. In this case please try logging out of the app and then logging back in. That will force all data to be reloaded.

With the time that has passed it should have worked by now, like @CharliT mentioned.

Please keep us posted on how it goes or if there are any other questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hadn't been able to sync with my fitness pal so I followed the directions to revoke access  How do I now link them back so they will work together

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @susnhag.

Thanks for bribing this up and trying to disconnect them like I recommended.

Please follow these steps to connect your Fitbit and MyFitnessPal accounts.:

1. Log into MyFitnessPal and click Apps.
  2. In the App Gallery, find Fitbit and click Connect.
  3. Click Allow to give MyFitnessPal access to your Fitbit data.
  4. Follow the instructions provided.

I hope you find this useful! Let me know if there are any other questions on the matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have revoked access and clicked disconnect in MyFitnessPal but still when I open myfitnesspal back up it is connected again 😞 How can I permanently make this disconnect. Fitbit is pushing bad data to MFP so I want it to stop. I'm almost ready to ditch my fitbit for a tracker that won't be connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes