Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Gurus scale not bringing over all data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Weight Gurus scale and associated app both of which successfully collect data. The integration with the Fitbit app has (since the end of January) become inconsistent in its sync of the data. Some of the weights come over, but not all ... some of the body fat data comes over with the weights, but not always. The integration was working for several months (about 6), but not now. I've tried turning off and turning back on the integration, but that doesn't cause all of the data to sync ... in other words, it doesn't change the resulting behavior. Any assistance is appreciated.

-S

---
Two dead Charge HRs, recently moved to Alta HR
Colorado, USA - native
Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @sbrothers217, good to see you around in the Fitbit Community. My apologies for the late response, I was reading your Guru Scale is not syncing your data or at least is not consistently syncing, despite you have tried already to reconnect the integration.

The best to try in these scenarios, is to revoke the access of your Guru scale and link again your accounts, due to this will reset the link between your accounts; however this hasn't resolved the issue you are experiencing.

Following to that, the best next thing to try is contact Guru customer support. Note that Guru scales aren't directly officially supported by Fitbit, which doesn't mean it won't work, but the information available to support our users from our end is very limited.

Let me know how it goes. See you later.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response @RobertoME. I'll reach out to the Weight Guru folks to see what insight they can offer, but in the meantime, even if the scale itself isn't directly supported, surely Fitbit's API that they are using to populate data back into the Fitbit app is supported. Is that API instrumented, or in some other way logged, so that calls may be reviewed and diagnosed?

-S

---
Colorado, USA - native
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME  this remains inoperable. What insight can you (or others) shed on this?

-S

---
Colorado, USA - native
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bump. Please provide a status of the investigation. Thank you.

-S

---
Colorado, USA - native
Best Answer
0 Votes

Another bump.  The sync is very sporadic.  I have disabled and re-enabled the integration from the WG app.  Any news?  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @sbrothers217 and @Kitanaor, good to see you both again and my apologies for the late response.

@Kitanaor thank you for trying the steps suggested and for joining us in this thread.

@sbrothers217 In this case we support the API by making available to the developer in question offering the necessary tools, but we do not have access to their data or how it is used by Weight Guru the information sent to Fitbit. In this scenario is the Weight Guru account the one that is connected to your Fitbit Dashboard and not the scale. So the data goes first to Weight Guru before is sent to your Fitbit account. I've seen this sporadic syncing with Weight Guru in previous occasions from experiences with other members of the Community. For more details refer to this post.

When an integration is not officially supported, unfortunately we do not have to much details on how the integration operates for the same reason. Unless there's some sort of limitation on Fitbit's side (e.g. no Fitbit SDK), then it's safe to assume that the owner of the app is the one to contact. Which I'm wondering if you received response from Weight Guru support?

I'll be reviewing your future comments.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response @RobertoME.

Since this is an API integration, Fitbit has access to the data as soon as it is submitted to Fitbit from the Weight Guru servers. Hence my previous commentary about instrumentation (which really should have been logging, or other mechanism to troubleshoot/diagnose) as a means to determine what is happening at the point the data is submitted. Does Fitbit have those capabilities?

I have been in contact with Weight Gurus support and the latest feedback I received was that they are submitting the data to Fitbit, so they don't know why its not consistently showing up in my Fitbit account.

What really needs to take place is a coordinated effort between the support folks (or developers) from both firms. Regardless of whether the integration is officially supported, would the Fitbit team assist the Weight Guru team in the event they reached out? Since the data appears to be received sporadically, it would actually make sense for the Fitbit team to reach out to the Weight Gurus team.

What other assistance can you offer?

-S

---
Colorado, USA - native
Best Answer

Hi there @sbrothers217, I really appreciate your comments on this topic and thank you letting me know the response you've received from Weight Guru.

Definitely you are right about a coordinated effort to address this issue. However is import to mention this integration was not created with an official support from Fitbit like it happen with other third party integrations that are officially supported. I will forward your comments to our teams and if we got something new regarding updates or more information I will let you know. In my position as moderator there is not to much I can offer in regard of this request, but I will do my best to give follow up and communicate any new information I received.

Stay awesome and let me know if you have other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the response @RobertoME. I appreciate the further information around the official support for this particular integration, and therefore the level of effort by Fitbit that might be dedicated to its repair.

I do have an additional question ... What is Fitbit's policy on the use of its brand by firms that integrate unofficially and, further/separately those firms whose integrations only operate intermittently?

-S

---
Colorado, USA - native
Best Answer

Bump. Please provide me a response to my inquiry @RobertoME. Thank you.

-S

---
Colorado, USA - native
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bump. Again. @RobertoME what is Fitbit's policy?

-S

---
Colorado, USA - native
Best Answer
0 Votes

Recognizing that the question I asked isn't an easy one to answer, but not making any assumptions about why there hasn't been a response, I would still appreciate receiving a reply. I look forward to hearing something. Thank you.

-S

---
Colorado, USA - native
Best Answer

+1

Still having issues with this.. would like a response from Fitbit! Casually ignoring customer requests on the basis of an API that YOU provide is unacceptable.

Best Answer