Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Watchers Activity Points and Fitbit Exercise

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am on Weight Watchers and recently purchased a Charge HR. The other day I did a long bike ride, 75 miles. Fitbit saw it as 35000 steps and that sync'd with Weight Watchers. I then declared the period of riding as cycling in the Dashboard. Now it sync'd more points, but kept the original points sync'd. In other words it double sync'd. 

What is the most accurate way to deal with my cycling days? Should I declare the period of exercise before I start? I want accurate WW activity points but don't want double points.

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Hi

I have the same issue

Before latest update in Fitbit app ( the one with a totally changed interface ), I got only FitPoints from steps from each activity. Means this could be a bit less than it should but en error in this way is not that bad.

No it has changed and I think that the points are counted twice : one for the steps and one for the activity.

If the activity is hiking or running I am almost sure it's doubled.

and as it's uploaded directly from fitbit I can't remove anything.

Does anybody know how to deal with this?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having exactly the same issue. I went for a one and a half hour walk yesterday evening and the WW app recorded points for the steps I took AND points for the activity of walking. It's very irritating.

Based on the reports in this thread it sounds like the people at Fitbit and the people at WW are passing the buck back and forth. I wish they'd just remember that everyone who's having this issue is a customer of both companies and maybe it would be better to work together to fix it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been having the same issue and noticed that my husband WASN'T. We compared our FitBit apps and noticed that I had the new dashboard and he had the old one. If you go to Account > Advanced Settings you should see a settings that says "Preview new dashboard" - turn that OFF and see if it helps? At least for now, that might be a solution. (I'll know for sure after my next long walk of it worked or not.)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone and a special welcome to our Community to@dbeckett1963@Saraboots. As my friend @HelenaFitbit mentioned a while ago the conversion of points is not related to the Fitbit app development or new changes has been made. Since the API belong to WW the first recommendation is to contact them directly: 

1. US or Canada: 1-800-651-6000 or http://www.weightwatchers.com/help/contactus.aspx.
  2. UK: 0345 3451500 or at uk.help@weightwatchers.co.uk.

If you were referred back to us, then please take a moment to reach out to our Support Team and let them know of your efforts to troubleshoot the issue and what you've already done. They will be happy to indicate what would be the next steps.

See you around and I hope this information be of your help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hello Robert

I think that almost everybody from this thread tried to contact WW on the link you provided to report the issue.

I did it twice and still got no answer. My last mail to them was sent more than 1 month ago.

Maybe with a B2B approach it would be more successful : means if your teams contact WW teams.

Anyway it seems the only solution as Fitbit support is a lot more reactive and efficient as theirs.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes

From what I can tell, when WW says something is a known issue and that they are working on it, what they really mean is "we know and don't care."  They fed me that line 4 months ago when I started WW and they just fed it to me again now, not 10 mins ago.  I'm 98% convinced that the tech team over at WW is clueless and incompitent.  I would not expect this to be fixed any time soon, if ever.  

My issue is the same:  it keeps flip-flopping whether or not WW logs auto-tracked activity from my FitBit.  Even though the activity says "Walk From FitBit" for both cases, if the walk is auto-tracked it does not go to WW.  If the walk is logged via GPS on either the app or my Blaze, then it gets sent to WW.  This keeps coming and going and is very annoying.  Like I said, I firmly beleive it to be a WW issue that they refuse to fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @VeraVindaloo and welcome aboard @ultra_balexbot. I'm really sorry to hear you are not receiving response from WW regarding this issue. Try to approach to our Support Team for additional assistance. Just let them know of your efforts to troubleshoot the issue and what you've already done so far.

Keep me updated and see you around.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Hi
Seems that WW finally solved the issue.
I checked yesterday after running and the calculations were ok.
At last 🙂
Best Answer

Hi there @VeraVindaloo, thank you for the update and let us know that the calculations are okay. I'm glad to hear everything is working fine for you now. Robot wink

If you have more questions you can find me around and don't forget to visit our Discussions board.

Best Answer

In the future, please write with complete sentences and proper grammer. I'm not sure I understood what you said.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've recently re-started WW and have the problem of WW giving points for total steps plus points for a walk or run (which came from the FitBit automatically - I did not manually enter anything).  Did this ever get resolved? From the latest posts it looks like some people said it was resolved for them...but it just happened to me today.  Do i need to take some action to change the way the activity points on WW are counted from the fitbit?

Best Answer
Hi.
When I tried it seemed resolved. But i didn't try very long: I bought a
Garmin just after, and this device is not automatically linked to ww.
Another person said that she solved the problem by removing the "mobile
track" device from her fitbit account on her phone, and that this helped...
Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue continues. I joined a couple weeks ago and my fitbit syncs ALL my steps PLUS any activity I do. I earned 70 Fitpoints in one week and all I did was a 30 minute dog walk each day on top of my normal steps. If I ate all the extra Fitpoints, I would never lose weight! 

Best Answer

@PTaylor883 @wdj55 @msdough Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I would like you to try revoking access from your Fitbit account and then re-link Weight Watchers with your Fitbit account again. Once this has been done, check out if the issue gets corrected.

@VeraVindaloo Thanks for getting back! I would like to follow up and would like to know if the workaround that requests to remove "MobilTrack" helped you to get this issue sorted out.

Catch ya later my friends! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting this issue too. WW adds points for an autodetected activity by fitbit (30 min walk) and then adds more points for the steps taken during that walk. Way too many fitpoints than I deserve!  WW new software the past year has been terrible compared to their last one - although both were full of bugs. For example, I can't delete my milestones from when I last belonged 2 years ago even though I deleted all my old data and I weigh more than before yet it says I have lost 50lbs!  Bit useless really!

Best Answer

I agree. I'm not going to convert my activity points, so it's moot. It would be nice if they were accurate. I think I am getting double activities

points, however. They should remedy this problem just on general principle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Fixbit2 and @kb62. Thank you for your feedback about this matter. Many of third party services are not under our control since is not developed from Fitbit's end.

If WW is giving extra points for exercise and steps, most likely is due to the SmartTrack feature available in most of the Fitbit trackers that automatically recognized exercises. For more details please visit this post.

For more information about the integration of WW with Fitbit please contact WW support.

1. US or Canada: 1-800-651-6000 or http://www.weightwatchers.com/help/contactus.aspx.
  2. UK: 0345 3451500 or at uk.help@weightwatchers.co.uk.

See you around!

Best Answer

To fix double recording activity points, I had to modify my fitbit.  I modified my fitbit setting to only record steps.  This was the only way I could find to stop recording a walk and then double recording it as steps.  I also saw that you can't delete any duplicated points from Weight Watchers on the App or on a computer.

Best Answer

revoking access first from Fitbit and then going into WW to delete the fitbit resulted in a glitch - I can't delete the fitbit from WW or renistate access on fitbit. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling both and the fitbit is still "half" deleted. Revoked access in fitbit first seems to have created a server issue as that's the popup I now get on WW.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jacmac1111, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. In this case with Weight Watchers we do not recommend to revoke the access, as data loss is prone to happen.

Make sure your Fitbit tracker is not experiencing syncing issues that could explain why the information is not going through to your WW account.

If your tracker is syncing correctly, but you are having trouble to connect WW, the next step is to contact WW support. You can find the contact details in my previous post.

Hope this information helps and let me know if you have additional questions.

Best Answer