Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Watchers Activity Points and Fitbit Exercise

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am on Weight Watchers and recently purchased a Charge HR. The other day I did a long bike ride, 75 miles. Fitbit saw it as 35000 steps and that sync'd with Weight Watchers. I then declared the period of riding as cycling in the Dashboard. Now it sync'd more points, but kept the original points sync'd. In other words it double sync'd. 

What is the most accurate way to deal with my cycling days? Should I declare the period of exercise before I start? I want accurate WW activity points but don't want double points.

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

I am extremely frustrated with FitBit and WeightWatchers. It takes entirely too long to disconnect the two apps. You should be able to just revoke access on one and remove access on the other and be done with it. There are entire forums to technical issues people are having. I got so tired of it that I closed my Fitbit account altogether and started a new one because after two hours of wrestling with it, I was furious.

Also, it does not count your points accurately. I danced at high intensity for 45 minutes. On Weight Watchers, that's 15 points. But when you record it manually through Fitbit, Weight Watchers only gives you 5 points.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did they do to fix it because I’m having this issue and no one at WW seems to know how to fix it or they just say it’s a known issue and they don’t have the capability to fix it....I did 2 workouts today 1. Jump Roping in the AM which was logged as interval workout 2. Weight training in the PM which was logged as an aerobic workout. I deleted the interval and aerobic workouts and logged them as the exercises they really were, jump rope & weight, I went into my WW app and it had 4 workouts logged and I could not erase the 2 that I had deleted from fitbit from the WW app. I’m so annoyed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still an issue - no option to delete an activity. Tried to disconnect and reconnect my Fitbit - nothing. And this isn't a "few points" issue. It double dipped by 13 points on 1 workout.

Best Answer

I'm not sure if this is related but I noticed this week that  I had 181 our of 44 Fit Points for the week so far and I didn't understand why.  I saw that on the two days I went for a run I had 893 minutes of exercise and 1317 minutes of exercise...which is sadly not true.

I then looked at my Fitbit app and noticed that on one day I went for a run, my Fitbit logged the exercise as over 14 hours, the start time was 4:50pm, the end time was 7:43am the following day; this was the day my WW FitPoints were 893 minutes, which is 14.83 hours.  I went in to my Nike app, found my end time, and then edited it in my FitBit app but unfortunately WW has not removed the two days I have 50 points and 81 points.  I will not be wearing my fitbit when I run.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I have a solution to the problem. If you have synced your WW app with your Fitbit, then you need to go under you FitBit app into your Track Exercise section, then go to settings and here you will see a list of activities. Click on the activity whether it is walking, running, or whatever it is you plan to do. Then you will be brought to the next page and you will see Auto-Recognize...click OFF. This will stop your Fitbit from automatically tracking your walking and syncing with WW. 

I know it kind of defeats some of the Fitbit features but unfortunately you have to choose if you want to sync with WW or just use FitBit only to track your activities.

Best Answer
0 Votes