Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the integration between Fitbit and Fitstar do?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

Can anyone tell me exactly what this integration between Fitbit and Fitstar does?

I read about it and decided to make a Fitstar profile. I logged into it by using my Fitbit profile. I checked under services in both apps that they are allowed info from each other. I have now completed four excercises in Fitstar but nothing shows up in my Fitbit dashboard. Am I supposed to manually sync each Fitstar workout somewhere, after I complete them?

I am using a Charge HR by the way. Before each workout I manually started a workout on the Charge HR. Could this be the reason for my problems?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner FitStar is an integrated app, which means that it works in conjunction with your Fitbit.com account. It offers a Personal Trainer program, which provides bodyweight workouts that are designed to scale to your fitness level and provide challenging, but appropriate workouts that you can do anywhere. You can learn more about FitStar on their integration page or at FitStar.com.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31
Nobody with some input here?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just seen Fitstar offer on QVC, what is it?
Best Answer
0 Votes

All I ever see is an entry created in the fitbit dashboard under recent exercises. Thats about it for integration. 

Best Answer
Thx. Finally got it to work. The problem was that I previously started the workout by holding the button on my Charge HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner FitStar is an integrated app, which means that it works in conjunction with your Fitbit.com account. It offers a Personal Trainer program, which provides bodyweight workouts that are designed to scale to your fitness level and provide challenging, but appropriate workouts that you can do anywhere. You can learn more about FitStar on their integration page or at FitStar.com.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank You Matthew, seen it on QVC when they sol ALOTTA Charges! Wish I had bought stock!!!Jeff Inskeep
Best Answer

Hi SaylorMan,

I'm having the exact same problem.  After reading your post, I was careful not to start the activity tracker on my Charge HR before starting my FitStar workout.  Sadly, the data from my FitStar is still not showing up under my activity.  Did you have to do anything else to get it to sync?

Thanks!

Stephanie

Best Answer
Hi Stephanie

I didn't do anything else in order to make it synch. As soon as I didn't start a manual workout on the tracker, it worked perfectly.

Only thing i I can think of is to try to revoke access to fitstar and allow it again.

Sorry
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try removing the sync from both fitbit as well as fitstar. Also if youre linking to myfitnesspal unlink that too from fitstar. Then log into fitstar with your fitbit account and see if that helps. 

Im doing it from the website and not the app since I dont have an ios device. Has been working fine for me.

Best Answer

Thanks for the tip!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have just started using FitStar anfd I like it. But for some reason, although it is connected to FitBit (I use Surge, by the way), the FitStar workouts do not appear in my my Exercises.

Everything looks right, but.... nada 😞

Can you help?

Many thanks 

Best Answer
Do you start the workout from the Surge? If so, then that is the problem. Just start the workout in Fitstar and when it is done it should automatically be registered in Fitbit as well. Along with you heartrate data from the Surge.
Best Answer

No, I start and do the entire workout on FitStar from muy iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry. I don't know what the issue is then.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks anyway 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem as well - wether i'm doing yoga or fitstar, nothing shows up on my fitbit dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the exact same difficulty with my Charge HR.  I was logging in to FitStar using my FitBit account.  I had to create a username and account in FitStar so that I could disconnect the FitBit from within the FitStar application.  When I reconnected, everything worked!

Here's the article that support sent me.

http://support.fitstar.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1510917-why-isn-t-fitstar-connecting-properly...

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Did that, nothing works 😞

Wrote to FitStar support and am now waiting for them to get back to me.

Cheers

Ruth

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue. I have revoked access, re linked, etc. but I get no integration whatsoever. The only thing it lets me do is sign in with fitbit. It doesn't even sync my weight in my profile, which is weird because it did it originally. And there is no exercise link or HR or anything like that. I like fitstar and it isn't like it is vital to sync, I can just type the workouts in manually. But they made such a big deal about the merge, it would be nice if it worked or there was some workable support.

Best Answer