Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Versa 3 charging slowly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just received my replacement Versa 3 on 13th of July and I noticed that it was displaying message of "slow charging....replace a source.." I ignored it and took over 4-5 hours to charge it the very 1st time. I really didn't take a much notice of it. On my 2nd charge same message of slow charging...   was displayed so I moved it to another power outlet but within 10-15 sec same message appeared . I tired on my laptop  but not luck. Move the charger to another power outlet and left it to charge overnight and after 10 hours it was stuck on 74% charged and wouldn't move beyond this number. At this point reset the Versa3 by holding the button for 10 sec and started to recharge and got 100% after another 3 hours. But even after the reset the message came back when I plugged it in for charging.

I'm not sure what will happened at the 3rd charge!

Logged a request with Versa Help & now waiting for the resolution.

By the replacement Versa seems OK as far as I could tell in regard to Zone Mins and HR but haven't had a chnace to compare it with any other device.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Anyone else having this slow charging issue or it is just my luck?

Best Answer

It’s good to see you in the community, @m-umar.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. I was able to confirm that you have already contacted our Support team regarding this and that they were able to advise you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm waiting on someone from FitBIt Tech team to contact me to fix the problem. The issue was logged on 30th of July and Tech didn't know what to do and advised me that they will get back to me with the solution but strangely no one has contacted me since then via Email or phone. The issue has not gone away I try to charge the versa 3 this morning but same error appeared.

Thanks for taking the notice of mine post though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiliyaFitbit I hope that I don't have to send back versa 3 again for replacement. It took 4 weeks to get this replacement which impacts my preparation for a race!  This purchase of Versa 3 has been a very bad experience. Really annoying.

Is there a way that I can pickup versa 3 locally, in case it can't be fixed by the tech over the phone or online?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is pic of the errorversa-Error.JPG

Best Answer

Thank you for the update and a photo, @m-umar.

I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I understand that this can be very frustrating and thank you for sharing your concern. Since you've been working with our Support team regarding this issue, I recommend contacting them back as they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. I appreciate your understanding and look forward to getting you back on track. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiliyaFitbitJust right now got off the phone, following your advice, with a tech (I won't name her here) who advised me that it is a known issue and nothing could be done to fix it and there is no time frame when it could be fixed. In other words put up with this dud watch and go away.

VERY FRUSTRATING AND INFURIATING that I paid close to A$400 dollars for it to wear a dud watch on my wrist.

You think thats good enough?

Best Answer

I forgot to mention that I was advised by the tech to reply to the Email to see if there is something could be done. Really reply to the email to get solution which can't be given on the phone. I think just a time wasting exercise & hope I just go away 😞    Very SAD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update, yesterday evening it took over 7 hours to recharge with a couple resets to restart the stuck charge at 70 and then 80%.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiliyaFitbit Thats the last Email I received after a long phone call with the tech and still waiting for someone to contact me as promised with the FIX;

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us and for the information that you've provided.

We've forwarded your case to our support for the next step.

Someone from the team will get back to you shortly. 

If you have additional questions about your Fitbit device or services, visit help.fitbit.com

Sincerely,

Very disappointed with the response and the length of time taking them to even get back to me let alone fixing the issue!!

* I remve the names intentionally.
Best Answer

Update: As I didn't hear back from the support so rang them just now and advice was that it has been raised to higher level support and someone from this higher level support will be in touch soon to fix the issue. BTW I was told very 1st time that it is a known software issue so I'm not sure how this level2 or lvl 3 support going to solve it for me unless they upload a patch for my personal Versa!

Really really getting p... off by the Fitbit for taking me on the ride.

Oh this is a replacement versa & I'm not sure whether this one is refurbished or new one.

Can any one from Fitbit (@LiliyaFitbit)  plz let us know if replacements are new OR refurbished ones

Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit I got this replacement on 13th with this issue and still waiting for the fix. Also like to know if replacements are Refurbished or New Ones.

I'm seriously thinking of giving it away to someone.

Very very disappointed in FITBIT to say the least.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Someone from Fitbit suppose to call me about it to provide the solution but no one to be seen any where. BTW I couldn't bare to keep this piece of crap on my wrist and  I've gifted it to my friend's son. I'm still responsible to get it fixed so WAITING for someone to call me.

FITBIT needs to provide the solution as I'm not going away quietly.

Best Answer

Thank you for the update, @m-umar.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. I am sure our Support team will do their best to help you, thank you for your patience and understanding. Regarding your concern, depending on available inventory, our team might send a factory-certified refurbished product as a replacement (as stated in our warranty). These are typically products that were returned to Fitbit unused. We don't send repaired products as warranty replacements.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiliyaFitbitAppreciate the explanation and i don't have any issues with the front end support technicians who are doing their best to help out frustrated fitbit users. It is the company that has lost the plot.

Fact remains that it is refurbished or returned product for the under warranty device. Beg the question why it was returned at the 1st place!!!!!!!!

Still no one has contacted me from Fitbit about the Versa 3 which is now with my friend's son. Also how can I re-route (replace his name istead of mine) this issue on his name?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this issue as well 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go with the Garmin Venu SQ! So much better than Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what is the final answer to this problem???? Mine started doing this in the last month. I love the watch but to charge all night is stupid.

Best Answer