Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 button too sensitive

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The design of this thing just sucks. My left arm smarts from trying to get the semi functional press button working and were they giving a prize for the clumsiest band design?

I had an inspire 2 for about a year (and loved it) and just recently downgraded to the versa 3, last fitbit product i will buy.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The new title is exactly the opposite of what i intended. The button is stupid, unresponsive crap, works about 50% of the time and is terrible design.

The changes made by the moderator obfuscate the meaning i intended rather than clarify it. But i understand watching out for your paycheck.

Since i cant be heard here the next complaint i make will be on youtube, reddit, or the refund page.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @SunsetRunner - indeed it is unusual, and there is a knack to the button.

Worn on the left arm -

rest your other thumb on the arm to the left of the watch

and forefinger on the back of the hand

and do a gentle squeeze of the watch.

The fleshy part of the thumb gets under the watch and raises it slightly when making contact.

Using a finger nail won't work.

Try the technique to practice turning the display on and off till you get the knack.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided about the inconvenience with your Versa 3. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Please note that you might unintentionally press the button on your watch when you bend your wrist. Most of the time, this may happen during activities such as a workout that require you to move your wrist a lot. Try wearing your watch higher on your wrist to avoid hitting the button. For tips on how to wear your watch, see How do I wear my Fitbit device?

See you around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit- the revised title no longer reflects the issue - isn't the user saying the button is difficult to use, which is the opposite.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The new title is exactly the opposite of what i intended. The button is stupid, unresponsive crap, works about 50% of the time and is terrible design.

The changes made by the moderator obfuscate the meaning i intended rather than clarify it. But i understand watching out for your paycheck.

Since i cant be heard here the next complaint i make will be on youtube, reddit, or the refund page.

Best Answer

Hi MarreFitbit, 

You say wear the watch higher. That's not how wrists work. Arms are tapered. When you put your arm down, the watch slides down. If you put it on tight, it is uncomfortable. 

This is not a good solution. Is it possible to fully disable the button so it does not pause and cancel workouts?

Best Answer
--
Dihantar daripada myMail untuk Android
Best Answer
0 Votes