Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 crazy with counting stairs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 is going crazy with counting stairs. I haven’t even walked 600 steps today and it is telling me I’ve climbed 13 flights of stairs. I live in a ranch style home with no steps. I’m so confused. How do I fix this?  

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

So you are saying when the November Software was updated, that it broke every bodies hardware? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem has been for more than 6 months!!! Why Fitbit doesn't take this issue seriously and sort it out once and for all, it gets really frustrating!!!!

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue  Yes the firmware update from the initial 44.128.1.42 to 44.128.4.17 broke the floor counting,

The update to 44.128.5.38 didn't fix it.

Just recently, with neither a Fitbit App update or a firmware update its got worse, which suggests an issue elsewhere.

While it will count correctly if you go up a flight of stairs, so the watch is working properly, there is some other interference that has been introduced in an algorithm somewhere which counts spurious floors randomly.

The Versa 1 counts fine and is still the watch of reference.

As regards it affecting some watches - this is most likely an incorrect assumption. It is more likely that most people don't monitor floors or don't report it. The problem affects the Sense quoted here in the same way.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Days go by and still no update to fix this problem ....

Best Answer

My Versa 3 was working fine. I knew flight counts were not close to 100% but it was close. Yesterday, it told me I did 75 flights of stairs. It was my like 8-10. I chatted to someone yesterday. I had read all the comments above. This is a long known issue. My FitBit representative at first acted surprised. “Really? Did it get wet?” Then a description of how it counts flights. He said he submitted it as a bug. I responded about others experiencing the problem. He finally admitted they know about it. No solution. “We are working hard.”

Best Answer

I've had this problem since the first day. I had my Versa 3 substituted but with the same problem. The customer service can only say they're working to fix it but that's not true, after 14 months i daresay versa 3 and sense have been built bad. 

Best Answer

I’m guessing it is a hardware fix. If they could do it with firmware they would. Hardware means replacement. That is costly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem is they just keep making new models and basically hoping no one stops buying flawed hardware... sucks because again. The Charge 2 was perfect, if not a bit fragile...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Tupps - it's most certainly not a hardware problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correct actually. As there were many reports of it breaking after a certain firmware update. They should have just let us revert...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to share all this information and updates about the problem you've been experiencing with your Versa 3. 

If you haven't done so already or if you're new to this thread, make sure that you've completed the restart procedure, as this has been useful for some users experiencing similar problems. In addition, please review the information in this article about why the watch may be tracking extra floors. 

At the same time, and as mentioned earlier, keep in mind the team is already aware of this problem and they continue to work to find a solution as soon as possible, but we haven't received other updates for the moment. 

If you already tried all the recommendations in the forums, you can also get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. Click here to get connected. 

Have a good day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Tupps  - If you are interested in verifying how your watch pressure sensor is behaving or whether you can get a more accurate floor count, try the SimpleFloors app.

It shows how your watch is affected by environmental issues, such as going room to room, upstairs/downstairs, inside to outside, changes in temperature, etc. and has it's own algorithm which seems more realistic

Don't use it for too long as it is always on and uses quite a lot of battery.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing this information, @Guy_!  

Best Answer

My device has issues with counting floors climbed …..oddly it doesn’t count them at all at times ……frustrating . 
My device has already been replaced by Fitbit once for miscounting heart rate , basically the thing doesn’t do what Fitbit advertise it as being able to do . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the Versa 3 at the end of January, and mine is doing this as well. I probably went up our basement stairs about 7-8 times and my versa 3 says 31 times. It is VERY frustrating!!

Best Answer

Hey , I have no idea how to fix the issue ….I deleted the stair count from my dashboard because of it . 

Apparently I climbed 100 flights of stairs a few days ago 😂😂😂

Basically the Fitbit doesn’t do what the developers claim ….I might change brands and get something that works . 

Best Answer

I do think it telling  that no Fitbit moderator has commented on this thread …….that says so much . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for all your replies about this inconvenience with your Versa 3, @shayemimi @RatDog1

I'm sorry to see that you're still having this issue with the watch. In this case, since you already tried all the recommendations mentioned here earlier, I recommend that you continue the communication with the Customer Support team for further assistance. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected

I appreciate all the feedback and comments that you've provided about the product so far. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had several conversations with Fitbit support and none of the recommended procedures have made any difference . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please see the best answee

realizing that the pressure change of 1 floor is equivalent to the weight of a 1X2 inch piece of paper. 

What may help is cleaning the hole or shutting down and starting the tracker. 

The very small change needed can be easily mimicked by a slight gust of air blowing over the arm. Some have found that walking past a fan can add a floor

Best Answer
0 Votes