Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 doesn't receive notifications since app update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 has not been receiving notifications since the July 22 app update. I was hoping that the firmware update last night would fix the issue, but it didn't.

I have tried EVERY fix that I can find and nothing has worked.

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

How did you get it to do that 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There isn’t any help for this since Google bought Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing so anyoyng 

Best Answer

I had 2 reset my network settings on phone. Restart phone then connect and it works so far. We'll see...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I randomly received several email notifications yesterday and then back to nothing 🤪🤬

Best Answer

Google's acquisition of Fitbit was finalized over a year and a half ago. My problem with notifications has only been this last few weeks. 

I was hopeful yesterday's firmware update would fix it but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Best Answer

Did you do anything special to receive notifications I still can't

Best Answer
0 Votes

I uninstalled Fitbit app. Reinstalled it, and today a new release was available (3.65) and now everything is working properly.

Best Answer
Thank you. I had tried this several times to no avail, but today it
worked! Thank goodness!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, it would seem from the good feedback that those who can install 3.65 can resolve the not getting notifications problem.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have updated my app to 3.65 and still don’t receive any notifications. I also cannot see any apps under “app notifications”. Any other suggestions on how to fix this problem ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try to uninstall and then reinstall. It does work for me.

Best Answer

Uninstall the app, reinstall, give all permissions, force stop Fitbit,  after restart sync with phone.

Mine started working again. Don't know why or what worked, then an update,  it's still working but sometimes phone app still  needs resyncing to connect to  work. 

Best Answer

This worked for me!!  Whoo hoo!!

Here's what I did, step by step....

Uninstall and reinstall app

Sign in

Give location permission

Click on your photo - upper left

Click on Versa 3

Link Fitbit with Versa 3 - ok

Click on notifications

Click enable Notifications Service at the bottom

Make sure Fitbit Notification Service is toggled on

Allow Fitbit to make calls and access to your texts

Click App Notifications and select the apps you'd like to receive notifications from.

You will have to re-select your default text messaging, calendar and email apps again too.

It should all work after that.

Best Answer

I reinstalled the app now everything works 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for reaching out, and for every step tried prior to posting. While I'm glad some of you got the notifications working again, I'm sorry this isn't the case for all of you. Let me share our engineers have reviewed and retested notifications on the new firmware and found no issues. If you have the latest firmware and Fitbit app version and are still experiencing issues, please try these troubleshooting steps here.

Best Answer
0 Votes