Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps not working on Versa 4

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all. I just recently saw that Google Maps got added to the Versa 4 on the Fitbit app and I have installed the google maps app on my Fitbit app. However, when I go to my google maps on my phone and begin navigating, my Versa 4 does not pick up that I am navigating. The auto-start feature and the drive feature are enabled on both the app and the watch. I am not sure what is going on and why I cannot get google maps to work on my watch. I have the Versa 4 watch, a Samsung S22 plus version 13 (tiramishu). 

Any help or tips would be great! Thank you! 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone!

I've merged some of your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for keeping me posted and I'm happy to share with you that the issue has been fixed. To use the Google Maps feature on Sense 2 and Versa 4, update the Fitbit app to the latest version and follow the instructions to set up the feature. For more information, see How do I use Google Maps on my Fitbit device? Google Maps will be coming to iPhone users in early 2023.

Your patience is truly appreciated and we hope you enjoy this feature.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still waiting for the map update. 

Have you looked at this help doc? 

From the help doc. (this is how they say it should work)

How do I start turn-by-turn directions on my Fitbit device?

1. Open the Google Maps app on your phone, search for the location you want to navigate to, choose your mode of transportation, select a route, and tap Start to begin navigation. For more detailed instructions on how to use the Google Maps app on your phone, see support.google.com. Note that the Fitbit app must be running in the background.
  2. If auto-start is turned on for the mode of transportation you selected on your phone, the Google Maps app opens on your Fitbit device automatically. If auto-start isn’t turned on, open the Google Maps app on your Fitbit device.
    1. From the clock face, press the button to open a list of the apps installed on your watch.
    2. Swipe up until you see the Google Maps app 

. Tap the app to open it.
    3. Tap View to see your current trip.
Best Answer
0 Votes

9to5googleI s reporting that the feature is not working and many users also in the Sense 2 are reporting the same, including a friend of mine who.owns.one and that I tried to help him unsuccessfully.

Does.ir work for you @Rich_Laue ?

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

@Dopovo as I mentioned above, I'm still waiting for this to be available to install. 

We on the council have noticed that it doesn't work. 

It has completely rolled out, and maybe has been paused until fixed. 

I posted the link so people can see what is suppose to happen. 

Best Answer

Anybody else having difficulty with Versa 4 and Google maps? I know the new software are supposed to roll out. But mine is not working. Is it just me?

Best Answer

The feature failed on launch and has been pulled by Fitbit. I had Maps in the app and it disappeares now. It's not only you having the issue. Probably I won't be far from truth saying that's it's everyone.

Best Answer

I've seen you can now download Google maps on my versa 4 but I haven't got the tile and all the updates have been installed is anyone else having trouble ?

Best Answer

Everyone.

Best Answer

I was having issues getting the Google Maps app to work on my versa 4 and accidentally deleted it. How do I restore the app on my versa 4?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dsb0028 Welcome to the Fitbit community!

Google Maps for Versa 4 and Sense 2 was withdrawn because it didn't work as expected yet.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

@Camyster 

Welcome to the Fitbit community!

Google Maps for Versa 4 and Sense 2 was withdrawn because it didn't work as expected yet.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

Why isn't this information showing up on Fitbit's website or help articles? I've also spent hours with the chat support trying to figure out why the tile is missing from my brand new Sense 2. They have not said this either. I contacted Fitbit through their Facebook page and they didn't say this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JenEquestrian because it's Fitbit 🤷‍♂

Best Answer
0 Votes

If this is legit info, it should not be so hard to get it. I would like to know if this user works with Fitbit or where they got the info 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JenEquestrian this user probably received maps and then seen it withdrawn. This is also my experience. I have seen the Maps tile under Wallet in the Fitbit app. The Maps feature didn't work at all. A few days ago it disappeared from the app. Fitbit never admitted anything but we can add 2 + 2.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I've merged some of your posts into this new thread in order to keep the forums organized. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and the steps tried prior to posting. I'm sorry you're having this experience with Google Maps on your Versa 4 and I appreciate your feedback. In case you haven't done so, make sure to follow the instructions described in this help article. Take in mind this feature is currently available for Android users and will be coming to iPhone users in early 2023.

For the ones not seeing the Google Maps on your device, please provide me with the model and OS version of your phone. Also, on the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Help & Support and let me know the version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Android version 10.

Fitbit firmware version: 61.20001.184.52

Fitbit app version: 3.72

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbithere it is:

LG G8 ThinQ, Android version 12

Fitbit firmware version: 61.20001.184.52

Fitbit app version 3.72 (37268001)

Google Maps (and Google Pay) not showing up either as a tile or an app in the Gallery tile in the Versa 4 section of the Fitbit app.

Update (12/30/22):  no change after synching the Versa 4 with app upon waking up.  But then I uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app.  I clicked on Fitbit Pay and a message said if I wanted to update to Google Pay, and I did that update (not sure if this option was or was not available prior to app re-install today; but as of a couple of days ago, this option did not exist).  Still, no sign of Google Maps. 

Update (1/17/2023):  @LizzyFitbit ... Google Maps finally appeared on my device a couple of days ago, and I installed it as instructed, including "auto start."  But the device app did not connect to my phone's Google Maps app when I started navigation.  Per my chat conversation with tech support, I updated to the latest phone app, version 3.73, which was released just today.  I synched device with phone app, tried to navigate again and again, no go.

Update (1/19/2023):  @LizzyFitbit & FitBit Community... so glad that Google Maps got fixed and now works on my device today.  Thank you.  All I had to do was update the device app per device notification to do so.  Then I started to navigate via Google Maps on my phone and Versa 4 showed me the way, turn by turn.

Proactive communication from FitBit would be appreciated, please.  The only reason I updated the device app today was due to another community member posting at the end of this thread that Google Map was now working on her device.

(We now await full resolution on Google Pay.)

Best Answer

Please don't feel bad if Google Map tile doesn't show up on your fitbit app. Because even if it does, the Google Map app on fitbit simply refuses to connect and show any navigation at the moment. 

Best Answer