Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 Firmware Update 194.86

11/29 Update: This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in How do I update my Fitbit device? If you choose to post about your issue, provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist you.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.86 for Versa 4 will be available soon! Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Versa 4. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
197 REPLIES 197

Unfortunately the new firmware update doesn't include any of the features/changes from the rollout of the new App, which users (CUSTOMERS) have been asking to be restored.  Yet you pretend in your post that you want feedback from those that have already downloaded the new firmware?  Really?  How about listening to the people that hate the new app!!!  There are lots.  But hey, I can use Arabic now - oh boy. 

Best Answer

Since the update, my Versa 4 has stopped tracking my sleep.  It still records sleep duration, but nothing else.  I have a premium subscription.  

Best Answer

THANK YOU!  I have been beside myself with this ridiculous update and now at least I can see what I’m used to seeing!  What a huge step BACKWARDS Fitbit has taken.  And I just replaced my Versa 2 with a new Versa 4.  Why did they think this needed to be changed?? 

Best Answer

I agree - I want the old stats back, they were more cheerful colours too!

Best Answer
I have no idea. It’s driving me crazy and they don’t seem to be concerned.
I’m hopeful enough people will cite it as a problem so they can change
it back!

I didn’t find the hack, someone else did. But I’m thankful they did!
Best Answer

After I updated (android phone) firmware my Versa 4 started having trouble syncing and soon would not sync at all. At some point I disconnected Bluetooth , then tried to reconnect.  'Versa 4' device would show up briefly then vanish,  so then it would neither reconnect via bluetooth or to sync to phone. I followed the Fitbit troubleshooting steps more than once,shutting down phone,  app and watch , etc., but stopped short of factory reset.  Still failed bluetooth connectivity and syncing. Then a few hours later, to my surprise, I  tried to sync  and it did so without any Bluetooth connectivity at all. 
The following troubleshooting instructions clearly involve Bluetooth , so I wonder if I am losing my mind?! for three days now, the Versa 4 is syncing with phone but with zero Bluetooth connectivity. 

• Unpair your Versa 4 from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Versa 4.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 4.
  • Once your Versa 4 is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

Best Answer

Just updated mine. I'm not seeing the issues other are having yet. So far so good. I like being able to switch clock faces without needing the app, but puzzled why the clocks app wasn't included with these newest watches like they were in their predecessors. 

----

Mine did the same thing, but the weather app seems to be working now. I did
force a shutdown, which might've fixed the issue.

Best Answer
Same thing here, and weirdly , first time weather app has worked.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's how I fixed mine as well 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So four days in, it seems the bug is more nuanced/ strange than I originally thought.  It behaves differently in an alternating 2-day pattern.  On days 1 and 3, it records my sleep duration but does not give me a sleep score.  On days 2 and 4, when I sync in the morning it gives me all of my sleep data except the estimated oxygen variation.  However, that data DOES appear an hour or two later.  Weird.

Best Answer

Reviewing my heart rate data after an exercise was one of the most useful features. Thanks to those who found the hack, but I hope Fitbit restores this feature on the main exercise screen.

Best Answer
Hey,
How do you do a force down? Yesterday, I went 5000 steps to over 14,000
steps, without actually doing the steps!

Pamela
Best Answer
0 Votes

On mine I swipe down to get screen with different options. Tap icon in upper right, the gear shape for ‘settings’, swipe up (I.e. scroll down ) to the bottom and it will say ‘shut down’…at least that is what I did

Best Answer
Go to settings and scroll down to the bottom. You'll see a shutdown option.
Touch it, touch yes, wait a few seconds, and then hold the side button
until you feel a buzz. It'll take a few seconds for the Fitbit logo to
appear. I do this once a week or so.
Best Answer
Ah! Helpful thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife had here Versa 4 update today. So far so good. She did shutdown and start up again as mentioned earlier in this post. She is keeping an eye out to see if there are any strange things happening. She does a lot of walking. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone and to our new members, welcome to the forums!

Thanks for your comments and every step that you've tried prior to posting, I'm glad you received and tried this new firmware on your watch. I wanted to let you know that this update should now be available to all our users, so please make sure to have your Versa 4 syncing in order to get the banner on the Fitbit app.

Just as a friendly reminder, this thread is to share your feedback regarding the Versa 4 Firmware Update 194.86. If you have a question related to a different device or the Fitbit app, I'd encourage you to visit the appropriate board in the Help Forums. That way we can keep this thread on-topic and the threads organized.

@Altoid4ever While you're running, do you recall if the button was pressed? I'm asking this as you might unintentionally press the button on your watch when you bend your wrist. If you haven't done so, try restarting your watch to refresh its performance and track another activity to see how it goes.

@Mark-N and @pcarter7 I understand how important this data is for you and just to confirm, by any chance do you have MobileTrack set up in your account? This feature will record basic stats such as steps using your phone's sensors. If there was a fan or anything buzzing nearby, or if you were moving with your phone, that might affect the overall step count. Assuming this might be the case, you can just remove it from your account by following the steps described here.

@umbrellaman While this is odd, may I know the name of the clock face you're using? As you may know, there are multiple clock faces available for your watch, some of them developed by Fitbit and others created by third-parties. To look into this, please try changing the clock face to one from Fitbit and monitor its behavior.

@Mirintala Just to confirm, do you mean your watch isn't showing sleep stages? Or is the Fitbit app the one not displaying this data? If the latter, what is the error message displayed on the Fitbit app after opening the sleep tile? In case you and @DNinJAPAN haven't done so, try restarting your watch, wearing it about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone and syncing once you're awake to check your details on the Fitbit app.

@Sara0169 Thanks for  the information, and @S.G.S. Thanks for sharing every step that you've tried. To look into this, may I know if you have synced your watch to another device before? I'm asking this as if your watch is connected to other Bluetooth devices, while it might sync, it'll find difficulties to do so whenever you have both mobile devices nearby. If you haven't done so, check this help article which describes what factors prevent your watch from syncing.

If the issue still persists, let me know what error message is displayed when trying to sync, as well as the model and OS version of your phone. These details will help me to further investigate.

@PatkBoise I'm sorry for this inconvenience and thanks for trying to turn your watch off and on. Please go to the Fitbit app, tap Devices at the upper left corner > Versa 4 > Gallery > Apps > Weather. Scroll down, tap Permissions and make sure all are turned on. Then go back to the Today screen, pull down on the screen to force a manual sync and check your watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Downloading the update as I type. Hoping to see the ability to manually log steps, not distance, through the app on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So after the update, nothing is different for me. Yes, I did it and it all looks the same. Nobody's concerns have been addressed. I'm going to say it again, does Google care about their long time users? I received a notification that I have been using fitbit for 10 years. That's right, 10 years. Nobody from Google/Fitbit has addressed any of their users comments. 

Also, my watch face randomly changes the time dissappears and only the step count shows. To restore it, I have to restart my tracker. That's not normal. 

Bring back the previous look of the app - the app that we had before this disastrous downgrade to all your users.

Best Answer

Hourly activity isn't getting thru to the app - Versa 4 says 6 hours, app says 0. The other stats are OK so far.

--------

Daily Steps chart in app says no data - maybe same problem

--------

Both issues fixed by the end of the day. Looking to customize my setup - didn't put in the time when I got my watch.

Best Answer