Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Airpods connectivity issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Versa is incompatible with Airpods and they cut out frequently while I'm out running. (It doesn't make any difference which wrist I wear the watch on.)

One odd thing I've noticed is that when they cut out if you go to the music control app on the Versa and hit pause then play, you instantly get the sound back. It could be a problem with the strength of the Versa's Bluetooth, but, after trying a pair of cheap Bluetooth headphones that worked flawlessly, I'm inclined to think the problem is the Airpods.

I might send the Versa back and buy the new Apple watch when it comes out in September. I'm also interested to know if anyone can recommend a set of sport headphones that actually work with the Versa.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing connecting your Airpods with your Versa @colt4.

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let me know if there's anything I may do to assist you in the meantime. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

It's great to see you here @colt4.

If you are having issues connecting your Airpods to your Versa, I recommend restarting your watch, by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

After this process, unpair and repair the headphones.

Let me know the outcome. Man Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Thank you for your suggestion. This was one of the first things I tried.

Can you confirm that the Versa is supposed to work with Apple Airpods because I can can't even run 1 kilometre before they start cutting out?

My Airpods work fine with the apple watch and the Versa works fine with cheap headphones so it looks like they just don't work together.

Best Answer

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing connecting your Airpods with your Versa @colt4.

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let me know if there's anything I may do to assist you in the meantime. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know if a fix is likely to be delivered in the next 3 - 4 months?

I appreciate that you may not know the answer to this question, and I'm asking because I'm considering selling my Airpods (because I can't use them for the main thing I intended to).

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, I don't have that information @colt4, but our team is hard working in trying to fix this as soon as possible. As mentioned, your patience in this will be much appreciated.

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you any closer to solving this issue? The music in the Versa was the whole reason for my purchase! 

Best Answer

What do you mean by cut-out? Clearly you don't loose the complete bluetooth connection, but seemingly only get intermittent 'short breaks'. There are other threads on 'crackling' sound etc. I have that too, occasionaly, with the fitbit Flyer earbuds. It just means the connection is a bit poor at times and as the data is streamed in realtime it can't just re-transmit every bad packet. But it last fractions of a second or so. You don't mention how long the interruptions are...

@AlejandraFitbit--- it would help enormously, if only for credibility, if actual feedback is given on what the problem is. If it is a problem with bluetoothlibrary a/o implementation, then say so. It really helps 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue as the original post in this string. I connect my air pods to my Versa and start running. I barely get a quarter mile before the music stops in the air pods. The air pods are still connected and the music is even continuing on the watch. However, I have to push stop and play again on the watch to hear the music in the air pods again. This happens the entire frustrating run. There is some crackling sounds but not every time before it stops.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t seem to be able to connect my airpods. How did you connect them?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The trick it to first unpair them to your phone. Then try to pair to the watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I’m experiencing the same issue, it’s very frustrating.  Is there any update on a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can maintain a connection between my fitibit Versa and my airpods fairly well.  What I can't do is adjust the volume of the sound.  It is fairly low and I would like to bump it up.  The +/- buttons don't seem to work.  Can I get a fix for this?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Best Answer

March 2019 and this still seems to be a problem. Since music on the Versa is now a $40 premium feature, I’m hoping Fitbit has a fix soon. Because currently I have a watch full of songs I can only hear for about the first 30 seconds of my run. Not super motivating, especially for a product marketed as a fitness-focused smartwatched.

I also have the issue of not being able to control sound from my watch. “Use your phone to control” is not a satisfactory solution bc the whole point is to leave my phone at home. 

When is is a fix expected?

Best Answer

I experience the same issue previously described on a regular basis.  So frustrating!!  I counted today and the music dropped out 11 times during an hour workout.  Hitting pause then play restores the connection but still unacceptable.  One of the only reasons I have the watch is to listen to music without my phone.  I borrowed my wife's Apple watch this weekend and it worked perfectly...  If Fitbit can't resolve the issue soon it seems this may be the best resolve.  Really unfortunate... 

Best Answer

This issue has been around since the Versa launched a year ago and I also think it's been a problem with the Ionic for longer. So, I wouldn't waste your time waiting for a fix that will probably never come. It seems like Fitbit are focused on the activity tracking and smartwatch market.

If you want a fitness watch, Garmin is probably your best bet. I got excited about the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active launching next week but it looks like it won't display average pace, just current pace (erratic), making it virtually useless as a fitness watch.

Apple watch is a good option but expensive for what it is. The battery life will disappoint you and you'll also prefer the Fitbit running app.

Best Answer
I completely agree with you and have been looking into Apple watches myself!
Best Answer

Is this really supposed to be the accepted solution? 

I don't think this is much of a solution... the problem appears to still be happening for other users (including myself) and this forum didn't help solve the problem. 

Can this be unmarked as "solved" so your team is aware of the issue? 

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit 

Is this really supposed to be the accepted solution? 

I don't think this is much of a solution... the problem appears to still be happening for other users (including myself) and this forum didn't help solve the problem. 

Can this be unmarked as "solved" so your team is aware of the issue? 

Best Answer

You cannot hear the music in the airpods but the track is still "playing" on the versa, I have also experienced this issue.

Best Answer