Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in with Spotify on Versa 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried logging into spotify from the fitbit app however when i try using the facebook login to access my account it says: "An error has occurred processing this message. Please try again later." 

I have deleted the spotify app & reinstalled, deleted fitbit & reinstalled, tried opening webpage on different browser, restarted phone and unpaired fitbit to phone. Unsure what else to do?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @ThisGirlisVeg, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided. 

In order to log into your Spotify account, on the screen where Spotify is asking for you to give permission to Fitbit to connect, there is a link to see what apps already have access to Spotify.  So, click on it, then delete Fitbit from the list. The, back out to the Fitbit app and selected Log In to my Spotify account. It should connected correctly after those steps. 😉

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Hi @Casey.Cheetham, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for already troubleshooting the log in difficulties prior to contacting us. Nice way to go! 

If you're still having issues to log into your Spotify account, please restart your Versa 2 by following these steps and log out from your Fitbit account (also make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date). 

Once you've done that, follow the steps below: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tab the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image > Apps.
  2. Tap the gear icon next to Spotify.
  3. Tap Log in and follow the on-screen instructions to log in to your Spotify Premium account.
  4. Open the Spotify app on your phone or other device and begin playing music.
  5. Open the Spotify app on your watch to control music. 
    • Tap the devices icon to switch between devices. To see a device, you must have the Spotify app open on that device and be logged in to your account. Up to 8 devices are listed.
    • Tap the shuffle icon to shuffle the tracks.
    • Tap the heart icon to like a track.
    • Use the controls to play, pause, or skip to the next track or previous track.
    • Swipe right to see your 8 most recently played playlists, or tap Library to find the playlists you created, the playlists created for you, and a selection of workout playlists. Tap a playlist to switch to it.

For troubleshooting, see Why can't I control music with my Fitbit device?

Let me know how the steps go, I'll be around. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m trying to log into Spotify, but when I do, I’m circled back to the login. I’m entering the correct information but just keep circling back to the same page, without connecting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @ThisGirlisVeg, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided. 

In order to log into your Spotify account, on the screen where Spotify is asking for you to give permission to Fitbit to connect, there is a link to see what apps already have access to Spotify.  So, click on it, then delete Fitbit from the list. The, back out to the Fitbit app and selected Log In to my Spotify account. It should connected correctly after those steps. 😉

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! That worked 🙂
--
Danielle Legg
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wonderful @ThisGirlisVeg😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done everything suggested, restarted Fitbit, logged out of the app, made sure it was up to date etc. But my Fitbit versa 2 doesn't want to stay logged in to Spotify. It will be logged in for an hour then will tell me I need a premium account which I do so I have to log in again. How do I keep it logged in? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @AlexTroi, welcome on board. Thanks for the details provided and for troubleshooting this inconvenience prior to posting. 

We're aware of an issue where you sign in to your Spotify Premium account in the Fitbit app and soon after it reverts you back to the free version

Please try steps in this article: How do I control music playing on spotify? 

If you continue experiencing this issue, our teams are aware of the problem and we'll continue to monitor the situation. We may not be able to provide an immediate solution, but we'll keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still having this issue on my Versa2. Is fitbit aware of the issue and planning on patching in a fix so it stays connected as premium spotify and not reverting to the free version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @NightmareRambo7, welcome on board. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. 

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. 

As mentioned above, we may not be able to provide an immediate solution, but we'll keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. As soon as we have updates, we'll make sure to keep you all posted. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I am experiencing the exact same issue with my Versa 2 and Spotify. I have a premium account and when I first log in to the app via the Fitbit app on my phone, I am able to control Spotify perfectly. However, after not using the Spotify app for a short time and then trying to use it again, my Versa displays that it is unable to connect to the internet. Opening up the settings for the Spotify app via the Fitbit app on my phone, it now displays that I have a free account instead of premium. If I log out and back in again it seems to fix this, but the solution is only temporary and it soon reverts back to incorrectly showing I have a free Spotify account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't stay connected to Spotify either. Did everything you all said to do, but keeps reverting to the free version or log in screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LomLin and @ravenskyhalo, thanks for getting back and letting me know that you've tried the steps I recommended. I'm sorry for the delay in the response.

As said before, we may not be able to provide an immediate solution, but we'll keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. As soon as we have updates, we'll make sure to keep you all posted. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to help you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just letting you know, this is still broken and very annoying, having to sign in 5 times a day. 

I'm about to just say forget the Fitbit and buy a different watch. Thanks but no thanks. 

Seems basic......stop it for switching back to a free account. Someone is FIRED!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep I have pretty much just ignored the fact I have spotify on my device all together by the time I remove the free account and redo it with the premium account on my phone I could have spent that time controlling spotify on my phone, seems like such an easy fix, add account then don't touch the settings not sure why this can't be fixed? oh well 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

does this issue happen for others on family spotify premium account, wonder if its cause I have family spotify premium?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 2 will not connect to Spotify.  When I try to login with Facebook, I put in the correct username & password but it next goes anywhere.  Just resets the screen over and over.  When I try to log into Spotify directly, it tells me the username & password are incorrect. I've tried all the previous suggestions to fix and nothing is working.  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried everything but what really worked was not over the fitbit app.

Over the Spotify App you must toggle on settings  the option" Device Broadcast Status- Allow other apps on your device to see what you are listening to"

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know it's been a while since this was active but i've been trying to connect my Spotify but it refuses to work. When i try to login from the app i agree to the terms and conditions and i just get a white screen. I've tried about a million times and it continues to tell me login from the app, but it wont let me login from the app...

I don't know how to fix it

Best Answer
0 Votes