Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance on GPS map doesn't match with exercise summary

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all

Firstly love the Fitbit Versa does everything I need also the app is great.

BUT over the last couple of weeks the distance recorded by the app is way off. 

I use it connected to my Samsung Galaxy S9+ and its always been very accurate to a tenth of a mile or less. 

But on my last few runs of about 3.4 miles it can be a whole mile out, but just the distance the route it records is spot on but the mile points are in the wrong place for example it recorded 2.44 miles in 30.29.

My wife who also has a Versa connected to an IPhone recorded 3.43 miles in 30.30 this is correct and matches our pace of about 9.30/m

Prior to the last weeks it has always been almost exactly the same as my wife as we run together. 

I have Re started the Versa and the phone, I have cleared the data in the Fitbit app and I have also uninstalled the fitbit app. 

Same result its not always out the same, a couple of runs back it got to 2.89m on the same route. Then on Tuesday it was spot on. 

Any ideas it seems like a small thing but not having an accurate record of your work turns out to be extremely frustrating.

Anyone else had this? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
366 REPLIES 366

Treating customers liked mugs more like. I really can't believe they brought the versa 2 out before fixing this issue. Glad I got rid of mine. My F45 is so much better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't mind being a Guinea pig but only if they are even slightly plausible things. I have done all of those so now I'm through. 

As I said before I have got a 2nd hand Ionic (actually new but just the pebble no strap or charger sealed the the Fitbit bag the same as the replacement they sent me) in perfect condition for 56quid. I know it's older but it works has GPS built in, so far has way better battery life at 79% after 2 days

And if I decide too I can sell the Versa on ebay for probably the same cash. 

And sad I know but I like the Fitbit app and being connected with the wife and kids. 

It's a shame Argos won't give me a refund as its under 12 months old but according to the store manager there is nothing wrong with the watch the fault is with the app on my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, my Forerunner is some bit of kit, my family are staying Fitbit but I'm done with them, utterly useless if it doesn't pace correctly. Got 5 half marathons and a full marathon to train for next year so its game on and I need something accurate to get consistent.

Terrible way to treat customers who are trying to stay loyal, I wont be back.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not just the Versa though.

Walk as recorded by Fitbit:

Screenshot_20191203-063044__01.jpg

Same walk according to Strava (Strava wasn't running during the walk, so this is calculated based on the data that Fitbit recorded):

Screenshot_20191203-063109__01.jpg

And Fitbit is still unwilling to acknowledge that there is even a problem?!

Best Answer

I just got another reply:

I mentioned my phone brand, type and Android version. Now Fitbit is saying that my phone is not supported. It is a pretty common Samsung A40 phone. It is not on their list. They also supplied me with a list with common issues, but this problem is obviously not there, since Fitbit is not acknowledging the problem. Then they are saying that I should try my fitbit with a compatible phone brand and type.

So well, they have achieved it. Another user that previously very happy with the product, that is now giving up. Now I consider this a legal issue and I have forwarded it to my legal insurance to handle this. I will demand a full refund which I am entitled to according to European consumer laws. Moreover, since I have bought it less that 6 months ago, Fitbit has to prove that the product is functioning properly and I do not have to prove anything.

These guys are not going to be around in a few months, when they keep treating customers like this.

Best Answer

So an actual question: Is any of you experiencing these problems with a phone that is listed as being compatible?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a galaxy s10e and it wasn't working for me. Sounds like they are grasping at straws.

Best Answer

So people are still wasting their time with Fitbit customer support?  Yes, I'm using a Galaxy S8. 

Best Answer

Just bought my son a garmin for Christmas. I wish we could stay Fitbit but this lack of giving a crap is beyond frustrating.  My daily four miles reads different every single day on my.watch when it used to be dead on. My friends apple watch and the map my run app are both perfect, the versa is the only device that cant get it together. Sad because I used to love my watch!  And yes, I am using a Galaxy S10 plus

Best Answer

I finally got a reply where they admitted they are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

I don't hold any hope but at least they did not just ask me to try some other useless thing again. 

I am using a fully supported phone Samsung Galaxy S9 plus. 

Still crap, wil have to sell mine on ebay as the retailer won't give me a Re fund even though its under 12 months old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I had my Fitbit I was using a fully supported Pixel 2. Frankly if connected GPS has compatibly issues with some devices then they should bin it off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As if this issue isn't bad enough...at least it was working for me when I teach my cardio hip hop classes.  Welp...not anymore.  My last 2 classes it just shut off right in the middle of my workout.  I'm SO OVER IT.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone knows if inaccuracies have been fixed with the new firmware os 4.1?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Afraid not, I'm using a different device to track my runs now and my 10 year old son his using the fitbit as a pedometer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Google recently bought Fitbit, so it'll be around. But now Google's notorious privacy issues are just another negative for Fitbit AFAIC.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Am having the same problem with my Versa when i ride my bike.  It doesn't show any distance at all. Most recently i rode about 10 miles and it registered .48.  This problem started several weeks ago, not sure when exactly m

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit, please get your act together.

An activity tracker that cannot track activities is just a piece of rubbish. Today I got 13.86km on my 12km run. It also ruins other health stats. Just utterly worthless. Anyone considering buying a new watch should stay far away from fitbit. I am really sad to say this, but fitbit is useless.

It is like this for 3 months now and there is not even acknowledgement of these problems.

Best Answer

Ugh, just started having the same issue. Curiously, when I got  my Pixel 3 (in late October) - the fitbit was not connecting to the GPS at all. Distances were calculated solely on stride length and acceleration and, frankly, not too far off base.
Once I did the firmware update the Versa connected to my phone's GPS and the run stats got terrifically wonky.  My daily 3.5 mi run was recorded as 2.6 mi, dropped in places, and at a 15.45 pace. How the heck could I be *running* at a 15.45 pace?  I've started to time my runs and then map them to calculate the distance and pace on map-my-run, so that I can enter them manually. Then my steps get off...
What a pain.  
Looking for an post-Christmas sale for a Garmin, I guess...  

Best Answer

Just been given the Versa 2 as a present and had it in my mind as an upgrade from my Charge 3. What an error it seems to have been. Mismatching distances and inaccurate times on my tried and tested 10k route. 

Uploaded to Strava and it was corrected so the underlying data is right. Also uploaded a run from the Charge 3 to Strava and the data matched FitBit's. I'm baffled to be honest! Baffled and £200 worse off. 

FitBit are having us on with this BS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It broke for me sometime in September. Still wasn't fixed as of last week. So for Christmas I've upgraded myself and the entire family to Garmin, so I won't be able to provide any additional QA for Fitbit on this issue. I hope it works out for everyone and they get their stuff together but I couldn't continue to wait around.

Best Answer